Fire Mullens sorry ass now; leave him in Jax with no ride home

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In retrospect it seems clear Mullen was the guy all along and the other interviews were for show- “we did our due diligence”. Kelly was never offered.
don't be a fuchsing idiot. of course he was offered. you don't fly back and forth to a guy multiple times, the last time bringing the entire AD senior staff, just to say hello.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And to add something, Miss St is bad, but they have had bad HCs forever. All Mullen did was show they could improve somewhat with a staff that was decent. Decent was good enough to improve Miss St because they are so bad historically.
the secret to his "success" at Cowbell isnt complicated. Play NOONE out of conference ever, just geographic cupcakes. And he got the gift of the NCAA adding another game too. Four easy wins plus Kinfuchsy (before the championship chasing unbeatable defensive mastermind Mark Stoops arrived).

And Douchebag still managed to lose one of those geopgraphic school games to South Alabama.

His SEC record at Cowbell isnt successful, even by Cowbell standards. He was a 4-5th place guy at best, and mostly 3-5.

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nah that would be to easy. Give him a private ride in a hearse.
Incredulous.gif

5873742bec4816764ad57fdcadfbe5c577cd35b4_hq.gif

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
You're wrong plain and simple. Our schedule is easier now than it was in the 90's. FSU was a perennial top 5 team, Tenn was top 10 and UGA, Aub, Bama, LSU and the rest of the SEC were routinely top 25 and sometimes top 10. Today, we play UGA, LSU and a bunch of scrubs. Kentucky is basically like Jackie Sherril's MSU's teams from the 90's. A tough out, but still an out for a good team. There's no excuse for Dan's lack of success other than Dan himself.

Okay....I just looked up UF's strength of schedule going back every year to 1990...took 5 minutes...I can provide the links if you would like but in short....you couldn't be more wrong, plain and simple...

Mullen is the only coach among the last 5 with a SOS in the top 10 every year (#3 this year, #5 last year, #10 in 2019 and 2018)..

McElwain from 2015-2017 was 17, 16, 45

Muschamp was 15, 19, 5, 25, 21

Meyer was 29, 1, 10, 2, 4

Zook was 33, 3, 29

Spurrier was 48, 11, 7, 34, 17, 26, 8 (natty year), 5, 31, 5, 11, 17

But please try to keep telling people the SEC was harder under Spurrier or easier now

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay....I just looked up UF's strength of schedule going back every year to 1990...
Look fuchstard is back.

The question isnt relative strength of schedule. All the SEC East have pansies on their strength of schedule. And us schellacking Tinerc, Ugly and LSU every year in the 90s made them drop 8-10 points in the rankings but Douchebag Dan losing to every team with a pulse inflates their ranking.

Only a moron thinks this Kintucky team is good.

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Look fuchstard is back.

The question isnt relatice strength of schedule. All the SEC East have pansies on their strength of schedule. And us schellacking Tinerc, Ugly and LSU every year in the 90s made them drop 8-10 points in the rankings but Douchebag Dan losing to every team with a pulse inflates their ranking.

Only a moron thinks this Kintucky team is good.

The poster said the SEC was tougher under Spurrier...the criteria to judge that is SOS...if I took out the cupcakes, it wouldn't change much because every SEC team has those....let's look at it another way....every year for the last 15, there has been an SEC team either winning the natty, in the natty game, or in the final 4....every single year....

That only happened 5x total from 1990-2005....just stop.....there is WAY more parity now....Ray Charles has better eyesight than you

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
After catching up on this thread, the thing that stands out to me was some folks thought we actually had a chance to win that game. That’s f*cking hilarious to me.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
After catching up on this thread, the thing that stands out to me was some folks thought we actually had a chance to win that game. That’s f*cking hilarious to me.

Exactly......I agree with them that the majority of the problem is Mullen...but an extrinsic factor is the SEC is just top to bottom tougher this decade....not even close...the days are long gone where if we beat UT, we lock up the East

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
But wait...there's more!! For those posters who think UK has always been UK and they should be an easy win....the facts say differently....

UK is currently in the midst of their best 4 year stretch since before Spurrier.....from 1990-2016, they only finished above .500 SIX times....with their highest win total being 8.....now from 2016-now, (mostly the Mullen era) they have finished above .500 every year except last year where they finished 5-6....to break it down even more specific to when Mullen got there in 2018, they have gone 10-3, 8-5, 5-6, and so far 6-2....this will easily be their best 4 year span in decades....but please keep telling me how the SEC isn't that tough still

And for more evidence, here is a link to a graph showing "rolling 10 year" power rankings for each conference...as anybody with a pair of eyes can see, the SEC steadily declined from 1974-2002, then a quick peak, then back down, now taking off again in the last decade.....

Chart! Conference power rankings at each point in college football history - SBNation.com

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The poster said the SEC was tougher under Spurrier...the criteria to judge that is SOS...if I took out the cupcakes, it wouldn't change much because every SEC team has those....let's look at it another way....every year for the last 15, there has been an SEC team either winning the natty, in the natty game, or in the final 4....every single year....

That only happened 5x total from 1990-2005....just stop.....there is WAY more parity now....Ray Charles has better eyesight than you
Nope. Not what I said. I said our schedule was tougher in the 90's and I stand by that. Can't ignore the FSU game. They were top 5 most years and we actually managed to beat them every once in a while leading to my favorite score of alltime. 52-20!
Okay....I just looked up UF's strength of schedule going back every year to 1990...took 5 minutes...I can provide the links if you would like but in short....you couldn't be more wrong, plain and simple...

Mullen is the only coach among the last 5 with a SOS in the top 10 every year (#3 this year, #5 last year, #10 in 2019 and 2018)..

Zook was 33, 3, 29

But please try to keep telling people the SEC was harder under Spurrier or easier now
Nice research, but you should have spent more than 5 minutes on it. Those stats you quoted from the 90's are bogus. They include D1-AA teams. For example, our 8th ranked finish in 96 included 6 D1-AA teams ahead of us that only played 1 D1 game (Ga Southern, Indiana St., Citadel, etc.) exclude those and we had the 2nd ranked schedule in the nation and won the national title. Same thing happened in 91. We're 11th, but 6 D1-AA teams with 1 game against D1 teams are ahead of us, without them, we're 5th.

Point is, our schedule in the 90's was tougher than it is now and I don't really need to do any research to confirm it because I lived through it. That said, we somehow managed to dominate. Dan just makes excuses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I lose to Tinerc and Uga in the 90s, and Tinerc goes undefeated instead of losing 1 game and Uga has one loss instead of having 2 losses at the end of the season, what happens to my "strength of schedule"?

Right. It gets harder on paper. Those teams either have a better record or are ranked higher.

Im not really sure why we are whining about having to play two top 10 teams this year. SOS did it every single year (FSU and Tinerc) and sometimes had to play 3 or even 4.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if I took out the cupcakes, it wouldn't change much because every SEC team has those....
You can't take out the cupcakes because the entire fuchsing SEC East except Ugly are cupcakes.

And the thing that CHANGED the National Championship situation was called the BCS. No longer could weak ass teams play a 3 loss PAC team in the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl and call themselves champions. The SEC bowl records are much better in the 90s.

There is no parity now. We haven't had parity with Alabama since 2009. We won't have parity with Ugly any time soon.

Maybe you were talking about parity with Kentucky and Cowbell. Yes, Mullinz has certainly brought parity to them upon us.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021

Zook was 33, 3, 29

I don't think you can say its easier now. But its debatable that UF has about the same strength of schedule its always had. You can bring up those rankings but its damn near the same. Some teams are better now. Some are worse. Mullen doesn't have it that hard. We should be dominating if he could recruit at all.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You can't take out the cupcakes because the entire fuchsing SEC East except Ugly are cupcakes.

And the thing that CHANGED the National Championship situation was called the BCS. No longer could weak ass teams play a 3 loss PAC team in the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl and call themselves champions. The SEC bowl records are much better in the 90s.

There is no parity now. We haven't had parity with Alabama since 2009. We won't have parity with Ugly any time soon.

Maybe you were talking about parity with Kentucky and Cowbell. Yes, Mullinz has certainly brought parity to them upon us.
and if it's true that masterdouche said to kirby shart after a one sided loss that he hopes this is his year to win it all the dumbass is just hoping for an analyst job when he leaves or gets fired from UF. His buyout must have a clause that allows him to work for someone else and get paid the difference. He's a loser and starting to look like a mediocre OC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="Silverback Gator, post: 1305609, member: 2081starting to look like a mediocre OC.[/QUOTE]
His resume is clear. 50-70th ranked offenses and worse at scoring.

In 2005 he took the SEC's #1 offense and made us mid 50s. He is a net negative.

Better than a some but far, far from elite or even good.

He is what his record and stats say he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator