First player loss after Donovan

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
KeVaughn Allen no longer wants to come to UF.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
KeVaughn is a stupid name. Give me a Taurean or Joakim or Al anyday. Lee and Corey sound good too.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well he is signed so his desires are not all that important yet. Let's see who we hire and if they can convince him that UF is still the place for him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
His coach told the Gainesville sun he's gonna wait to see who gets hired. So all these reports are premature

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That would suck. We actually need him with MF2 and Carter gone.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
t-gator;n219335 said:
His coach told the Gainesville sun he's gonna wait to see who gets hired. So all these reports are premature
GDM stupid thread title. I apologize KeVaughn, your name is fine with me. I hope you still show up. I was just kdding about the name thing.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n219313 said:
Well he is signed so his desires are not all that important yet. Let's see who we hire and if they can convince him that UF is still the place for him.

He signed a NLI. He'll have to sit out a year.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n219491 said:
He signed a NLI. He'll have to sit out a year.

Precedence says he won't have to sit out a year. We do need to release him from his LOI, but again, precedence dictates that if the kid wants out we'll let him go. Hopefully he'll like the new hire and reconsider, because as MWC said, we really need him with Carter leaving; and hopefully he will see that as immediate PT opportunity.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n219626 said:
Precedence says he won't have to sit out a year. We do need to release him from his LOI, but again, precedence dictates that if the kid wants out we'll let him go. Hopefully he'll like the new hire and reconsider, because as MWC said, we really need him with Carter leaving; and hopefully he will see that as immediate PT opportunity.

I couldn't find it for certain, but I don't think it is up to us. NCAA doesn't administer the LOI.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n219634 said:
I couldn't find it for certain, but I don't think it is up to us. NCAA doesn't administer the LOI.

We have the right to release him from his LOI, after that he can ask the NCAA. But we have allowed players out of their LOI's before for different reasons. I don't know if any were coaching change.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n219634 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...offers-florida-release-billy-donovan-arkansas

The current Gators vacancy is holding up Allen's departure, though. In order to grant Allen his release, Florida first must hire a coach.
"You can't ask for a release until they bring a new coach in, from my understanding. I'm just going by what I was told, once you get a coach hired, you can formally ask for your release. I don't know if that's true or not, that's just what we were told," Curry said.
So UF needs to release him from his LOI (apparently after we hire a new coach); then he can petition the NCAA to not sit out a year. Again, if this is what Allen wants, he will likely get it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n219651 said:
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...offers-florida-release-billy-donovan-arkansas

The current Gators vacancy is holding up Allen's departure, though. In order to grant Allen his release, Florida first must hire a coach.
"You can't ask for a release until they bring a new coach in, from my understanding. I'm just going by what I was told, once you get a coach hired, you can formally ask for your release. I don't know if that's true or not, that's just what we were told," Curry said.
So UF needs to release him from his LOI (apparently after we hire a new coach); then he can petition the NCAA to not sit out a year. Again, if this is what Allen wants, he will likely get it.

He is released from the ROI if the school grants it without penality. If the school doesn't agree to release without penalty he looses a year of eligibility.

Can the National Letter of Intent basic penalty be eliminated or reduced?
Yes. The basic penalty may be eliminated by receiving a NLI complete release. If the institution does not grant a complete release from the NLI, you may appeal for release to the NLI Steering Committee in extenuating circumstances.
What are extenuating circumstances?
Extenuating circumstances must be presented in any appeal as grounds for a complete release. The committee determines what constitutes extenuating on a case-by-case basis. However, prior examples include the illness of the student, illness or death of a parent, and financial hardship of the student’s family.
Is an institution required to grant a complete release if I ask for it?
No. If an institution denies your request for a complete release, you may petition the Steering Committee. In order to appeal, you must provide a copy of the NLI Release Request Form, signed by the director of athletics, indicating “No Release.” Once proper documentation has been submitted, the NLI Steering Committee will consider your request. Petitions to the NLI Steering Committee should be sent to the NLI Program, 2201 Richard Arrington, Jr. Blvd. N., Birmingham, Alabama 35203.

http://www.ncsasports.org/blog/2014/01/30/signing-nli/

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator