First player loss after Donovan

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorBart;n219626 said:
Precedence says he won't have to sit out a year. We do need to release him from his LOI, but again, precedence dictates that if the kid wants out we'll let him go. Hopefully he'll like the new hire and reconsider, because as MWC said, we really need him with Carter leaving; and hopefully he will see that as immediate PT opportunity.

Of course there is no chance we wouldn't grant him a full release so as already stated, if he elects to go elsewhere he won't have to sit out a year. As you say, hopefully he likes the new hire and sees the talent on the roster as well as the immediate need for his skill set and stays on board.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully we hold him hostage lol. We're gonna need him

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will never not grant a release while Foley is here. I think it's a good policy.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n219843 said:
We will never not grant a release while Foley is here. I think it's a good policy.

Well I bet if he really wants a release we will give him one, under the circumstances he would likely be able to get one anyway and of course do you really want a player like that?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n219883 said:
Well I bet if he really wants a release we will give him one, under the circumstances he would likely be able to get one anyway and of course do you really want a player like that?

I think the kid has a legit gripe. If Billy promised the kid he was still going to be there, so he signs his LOI, then Billy bolts not two weeks later, he has every right to be upset. I get the whole "you sign to a school, not a coach" argument, but in basketball, the coach is a much bigger deal to a player than in football.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Agree with Sasquatch. I wonder what Billy D told the recruits? I would hate to lose Allen, but he should get a waiver if he wants to go elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator