First Time in Gainesville for a game

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
maybe not technically a sports bar but has lots of TVs inside and outside showing sports so it's still a decent option on that side of town
One of Mrs G's best friends from UF is a Gainesville native and over he last 5+ years we've probably gone to Ballyhoos when with her almost as much as everywhere else combined.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Try Flaco's Bakery/ Tacos on University Ave near Main St. It's Cuban food. Mi Apa is also pretty good Cuban food. If you like that sort of food. They're both really good.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Hydrate. Be sure to chomp properly and yell Gator Bait!!!!! at the arky players, coaches, and fans. We need to bring it back.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks all for the help!

Also, the Gator Walk is on the north side of the stadium and takes place 2 and a half hours before kickoff. If you’ll have kids, they will enjoy it and you’d want to get there about 30 min before it starts because it gets really crowded.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Try Flaco's Bakery/ Tacos on University Ave near Main St. It's Cuban food. Mi Apa is also pretty good Cuban food. If you like that sort of food. They're both really good.
Good Cuban sammies @ Flaco’s. I went with Junior and his GF a month or so ago. When my son told me he goes there regularly, I asked him if the tacos were good. He told me he likes the sammies so much he’s never actually tried anything else on menu.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Set up shop at the Salty Dog. Foods not great and the beer isn’t always ice cold and the joint hasn’t changed one iota in 41 years. Start pregaming as soon as they unlock the doors and hustle back as soon as the game ends. Always a great time.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Set up shop at the Salty Dog. Foods not great and the beer isn’t always ice cold and the joint hasn’t changed one iota in 41 years. Start pregaming as soon as they unlock the doors and hustle back as soon as the game ends. Always a great time.
Apparently, I'll be there post game.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I live very close to mill pond.

In this area:
breakfast - Bakery mill, metro diner, Flying biscuit

Sports bar- gators dockside or ballyhoos

Lunch/dinner- mini Momo's, nopal, Leonardo's pizza of millhopper, Mildred's if you want something fancy

other decent places with food/cocktails- cintron, new deal cafe.

easy and fast- El indio on 34th, mi-apa, bento Newberry road

CELEBRATION POINT/Archer AREA

Surprised nobody mentioned spurriers?

there's also a decent piano/sports bar there called the keys. not really my thing but it's alright.

sensei Asian bistro is good as another option in that area.

Swamphead brewery... I'm sort of biased though as my friend is owner

DOWNTOWN -

Sports bar- Mojo's bbq

more upscale food/cocktails- dragonfly, marks prime

more casual food/drinks but still good in my opinion. rated by most unique to Gainesville to the least:
- the top (crusty hipsters but very unique atmosphere and food is usually good)
- alpin bistro (super underrated and unknown gem in Gainesville)
-V pizza
- harrys

drinks only: dime bar, baby js

If pizza is your thing then you could also check out one of the piesano locations.

Depot park also has some cool little food/beer spots if it's a really nice day and you want to spend some time outside.

Sweetwater park is a really nice place to take a walk in the morning. It's got hundreds and hundreds of yards of boardwalk out over the prairie. Good place to see gators, dozens of bird varieties, and even some wild horses occasionally. Keep in mind there isn't much shade though. We might be able to help more if you are more specific about what you are wanting to do. Have fun!

Sorry for the horrific formatting but I pounded this out on my phone
Does the flying biscuit serve bacon and sausage made from a hog? My wife told me not to go the FB in the 'hood up in Atlanta because their bacon and sausage was made from turkey.

I want breakfast meat from a hog and eggs from chickens raised in chicken house, by Jiminy.

Last edited:

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.