Florida 3 and 1/2 favorites over mizzou

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n291394]How cool would it be to head into Baton Rouge 6-0?[/QUOTE]

It would be incredible. And it will be a fun week trying to figure out if we can stop Fournette, especially with only two LB's seeing serious playing time (Morrison and Davis). LSU is a game where we seriously needed Anzalone with his size and speed. But first things first, let's take care of Missouri!

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;291413 said:
Not sure what the status is for Mauck, but if they start that true freshman QB, I think our defense will eat him alive.

We should make either uncomfortable. If they win it will be off us beating ourselves. All we've got to do is take care of the ball and move the ball well. We should win if we score 21 or more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not worried about a let down for this week. If the Ole Miss game had been close, then I would be, but blowing out Ole Miss isn't as draining emotionally as a close win like the UT game would be. I think their mentality during the second half at Ole Miss and their confidence will carry them through Mizzou and into Baton Rouge. Plus as others had said already, these guys don't want to be embarrassed 3 years in a row. I expect we'll win Saturday by double digits.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It has been confirmed that Mauk will still be suspended for the game against Florida. Is that blood in the water?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n291586 said:
It has been confirmed that Mauk will still be suspended for the game against Florida. Is that blood in the water?

It is. We'll be all over the QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No, Mauk is a reckless extremely inaccurate sidearm throwing failure who threw for all of 20 yards against us last time out. He was going to be benched anyway after a loss to USC.

If you watched their game you can see Lock is a much better passer, and it's not even close. In fact he might be the best passer on our schedule. But I do like our chances to get pressure on every QB on our schedule, and hopefully we can force him into mistakes. It's going to be a huge stage for a QB with only one start under his belt which should play into our favor.

We should win handily, but I'd much rather face Mauk than this kid honestly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n291404 said:
I think Coach Mac puts every game into one of two categories.
'Defending the Swamp' and 'Traveling Well'. He switches their
mindset accordingly. He controls their minds first and they love
him for it. He believes in having fun all the time. He's probably
not good at funerals.

Can you imagine what potential recruits are thinking now? We
are at the point now where we can inform recruits they need to
make a decision because there are others as good or better
than them who want to be a gator. SOS zeroed in on recruits
that wanted to be a gator. For some reason that recruit causes
the program less problems. Gratitude is a powerful force, even
with God, Himself.
I am not a extend-the-contract type, but JF needs to do some
homework and have one in place. We have a jewel. We went from
the absolute worse coach to one of the best.

Yet, he buried Ole Miss. :dance:

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
It has been confirmed that Mauk will still be suspended for the game against Florida
what did he do? join isis?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n291600 said:
No, Mauk is a reckless extremely inaccurate sidearm throwing failure who threw for all of 20 yards against us last time out. He was going to be benched anyway after a loss to USC.

If you watched their game you can see Lock is a much better passer, and it's not even close. In fact he might be the best passer on our schedule. But I do like our chances to get pressure on every QB on our schedule, and hopefully we can force him into mistakes. It's going to be a huge stage for a QB with only one start under his belt which should play into our favor.

Mauk is an experienced Junior and is 2-0 against Florida, and he's beaten the dogpiss out of us both times. It's a positive he's not playing no matter how whizz-bang the backup true Freshman looks.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n291600 said:

Yeah, that 136 yards he managed on one of the worst pass defenses in the conference was really awe inspiring. In fact, that's the fewest yards anyone has thrown for on USCjr this year, and that's a schedule that includes UCF.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n291600 said:

Towles is probably the best passer we will have faced this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;291445 said:
I'm not worried about a let down for this week. If the Ole Miss game had been close, then I would be, but blowing out Ole Miss isn't as draining emotionally as a close win like the UT game would be. I think their mentality during the second half at Ole Miss and their confidence will carry them through Mizzou and into Baton Rouge. Plus as others had said already, these guys don't want to be embarrassed 3 years in a row. I expect we'll win Saturday by double digits.
That's actually a very good point JB. The let downs typically come after a very emotional W where all the team's energy was expended earning the previous weekends win. That wasn't the case at all; we were on cruise control the whole 2nd half. I don't think we will see a let down performance this Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n291647 said:
Yeah, that 136 yards he managed on one of the worst pass defenses in the conference was really awe inspiring. In fact, that's the fewest yards anyone has thrown for on USCjr this year, and that's a schedule that includes UCF.
First start comes against an SEC opponent, 21-28, 2 TD no INT no Fumbles, leads team to a 2 TD win, their first SEC win and by far their biggest win of the year (SE Missouri St doesn't count).

If you watched him you would see he is a very good looking freshman. He gets the ball out quickly, protects the ball and makes good decisions. I've actually watched them several times this year. If you have also what you should see is Mauk regressed even further this year, Lock, not enough data, but he sure looked good in their best win of the season.

We should handle them pretty easily and I expect our pass rush to be a lot for him to handle, but that doesn't change the fact that the kid looks very good.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It wasn't long into the game we had Kelly trying to look
right and left at the same time. He had pressure from both
sides all night. He will remember his Swamp experience.
I hope we have cleats that match up well with their artificial
turf.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
WobbleGator;n291652 said:
Towles is probably the best passer we will have faced this year.
Maybe, but I was more referring to going forward. It's more of a indictment of the SEC QB's than a strong endorsement of Lock, but he does look pretty good.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n291763 said:
Maybe, but I was more referring to going forward. It's more of a indictment of the SEC QB's than a strong endorsement of Lock, but he does look pretty good.

Agreed he is probably the best we see going forward. The SEC in general are in need of good QBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator