Florida and Miami agree to a home and home series!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I take it you were not in attendance.

I speak of the upcoming game vs. scum and any game of football, at any level, anywhere. I’ll say it again....if a team needs the band to be motivated or inspired, it’s already over...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the last game we played here and I have never seen such an advantage used by the home field team.

Land Shark Stadium (my favorite name for it other than Joe Robbie Stadium) has an NFL/Rolling Stones grade sound system that pretty much squelches the opposition's band, the cheering, the cussing, or whatever. They put our band in the nose bleed section and I swear I never heard them except for a squeek the entire time.The sound pressure levels of the subwoofers is 4X as loud as my neighbor's kid's car!

If we were anywhere else, I think we would have won that game.
That's one theory. The five turnovers and VH3 stepping out of bounds on his interception return had a little more of a direct impact on the outcome.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I speak of the upcoming game vs. scum and any game of football, at any level, anywhere. I’ll say it again....if a team needs the band to be motivated or inspired, it’s already over...

Agree. I don't doubt Don's account, and could totally see that. But what killed us that day was insisting on starting starting Jones over Mack Brown, who'd been battling mono for weeks, hadn't practiced in fall camp and didn't play in the opener. Shockingly, the decision to roll out a non-battle-tested, completely unconditioned player at 12:00pm in September in south Florida, didn't pan out as he fumbled on one of our first possessions, setting the tone for the day. Add in Driskel being Driskel, players playing with zero discipline which repeatedly extended um's drives, and the whole circus being led by one Will Muschamp, and you have a pretty ugly scenario. The band could've stayed home or been as loud as usual. Nothing was overcoming that disaster.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. I don't doubt Don's account, and could totally see that. But what killed us that day was insisting on starting starting Jones over Mack Brown, who'd been battling mono for weeks, hadn't practiced in fall camp and didn't play in the opener. Shockingly, the decision to roll out a non-battle-tested, completely unconditioned player at 12:00pm in September in south Florida, didn't pan out as he fumbled on one of our first possessions, setting the tone for the day. Add in Driskel being Driskel, players playing with zero discipline which repeatedly extended um's drives, and the whole circus being led by one Will Muschamp, and you have a pretty ugly scenario. The band could've stayed home or been as loud as usual. Nothing was overcoming that disaster.
I actually went back and watched a recap of that game recently. I had forgotten just how unbelievably bad it was. Perfect tone setter for that god awful season, though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I actually went back and watched a recap of that game recently. I had forgotten just how unbelievably bad it was. Perfect tone setter for that god awful season, though.

Go back and watch the '13 and '14 ut games sometime. From an offensive standpoint, it's what I imagine the first football game ever played looked like.

You won't sleep for a week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's one theory. The five turnovers and VH3 stepping out of bounds on his interception return had a little more of a direct impact on the outcome.
5xymk9twmu021.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.