Florida at #8; can they weasel into the playoff?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Realistically I can see Oklahoma & Utah losing...I think there is a pretty good chance of this happening. Bama losing to Auburn isn’t as likely but certainly not out of the reasonable realm of possibility.

Now, how about considering some “crazy” stuff. OSU losing to Michigan and then losing to a 2 loss Wisconsin (let’s assume they beat MN next week) in the conference title game. Georgia losing to GA Tech and then thumping LSU in the SECCG. How about LSU losing to TAM (not completely out of the question IMO) but beating UGA (with victory over GA Tech secured) in the SECCG? How about Clemson losing their conference title game?

I don’t think all these things will happen. I do believe SOME of these things will happen, though, and the question is just how much craziness will ensue? My guess is that enough craziness will occur to have us at #5 in the final CFP poll, just outside of those that get to play on.
Outside of Bama possibly losing to the Barn, I don’t think any of these upsets happen.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Basically all the one loss teams would have to lose again and the thing that makes it impossible is UGA has to lose twice, no way they are losing to Tech. All the other one loss teams I think have a decent shot of losing again. OU at OSU, Baylor to OU, Minn to Wisc or OSU, Utah to Oregon, Bama to Auburn. Of course we would also have to crush FSU to put up style points.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It would take a sequence of events never seen before in college football for us to make the playoffs, so do yourself a favor and don't entertain that notion.
Not really. Our first national title was due to a sequence of events that seemed highly unlikely as well.

Also folks I’m pretty sure everyone here is old enough to remember 2007 :lol:

Craziest ending to a year I’ve ever seen. I think LSU went from 7th to second all on the last weekend

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. Our first national title was due to a sequence of events that seemed highly unlikely as well.

Craziest ending to a year I’ve ever seen. I think LSU went from 7th to second all on the last weekend
All we needed in 1996 was Texas beating Nebraska and Ohio St. beating Arizona St. Neither of those involved a hopeless team beating a playoff team. GT beating UGA would be UCLA beating USC in ‘06 times about 1,000.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
All we needed in 1996 was Texas beating Nebraska and Ohio St. beating Arizona St. Neither of those involved a hopeless team beating a playoff team. GT beating UGA would be UCLA beating USC in ‘06 times about 1,000.
I guess you missed the whole 2007 part of my post

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Youre a moron. It required two teams to lose. Not eight.

And the conference champs would still go in first.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Youre a moron. It required two teams to lose. Not eight.

And the conference champs would still go in first.
Hey look the guy who has zero reading comprehension calling someone else a moron.

So Nebraska and ASU both losing wasn’t a highly unlikely event? There was no point where I ever said it was a game for game likeness to our scenario now. Keep up old man.

And 2007 had dozens of teams lose and drop out just for 2 loss LSU to jump from 7th to 2nd. I know this whole understanding words is hard for you but please try to make an attempt.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
As usual, Slevin is right. I see this all falling into place, starting with Tech beating UGA on Saturday.
Didn’t say it Could happen nor did I say it was going to. Just pointing out 2007 did happen so saying it would take an event never seen before is wrong

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t say it was going to happen nor did I say it was going to. Just pointing out 2007 did happen so saying it would take an event never seen before is wrong
This would still trump 2007 in the unlikely department. Besides, didn’t LSU still win the SEC that year?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This would still trump 2007 in the unlikely department. Besides, didn’t LSU still win the SEC that year?
Sure. But we all know we don’t even have to win our division to get into the playoffs. So that would bump it up just a smidge in the insanely unlikely but who the fvkk knows department wouldn’t it

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
MORON.

You need to come to grips with the season being over by the last week in October so long as Dorky Dan is here.
The seasons over in March according to you.

Still waiting for you to answer how we’re going to finish with your predicted 5 losses

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sure. But we all know we don’t even have to win our division to get into the playoffs. So that would bump it up just a smidge in the insanely unlikely but who the fvkk knows department wouldn’t it
OK Millennial.

At least we can get a participation trophy, I guess.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not impossible but not likely either.

First we need to destroy FSU.
Next LSU destroys GA.
Bama loses to Auburn.
Utah loses to Oregon.

Like I said unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online