Gator Basketball Florida basketball is the worst thing we cover

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My problem is I have loved basketball and gator basketball since I was very young. I loved playing and played a lot. It was so exciting in that old alligator alley when Rupp would bring his boys and our students would literally sit on top of his team and we would occasionally beat them. When Neal Walk showed up with his unworldly stats (26pts and 18 reb. a game) teaming with Andy Owens that great year. And all the subsequent stars that came after. When storming norman got us in our first dance and we won games only to lose to Ronny Siekely and that Syracuse team. Vernon Delancy. Ronnie Williams. Dewayne Davis and his dunks. Mad Max. THEN Billy (like SOS) comes along and makes us AMAZING.
This collection of transfers youngsters and hairstyles has grown on me somewhat. Playing with no experienced center they win a game. I like Apple and his clutchness lately. I like Castle and Duruji. What can I say? Ima gator and like how they have overcome so many injuries and lineup changes. And when White is gone I will like the next coaches and team. Help me out here Marine1

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My problem is I have loved basketball and gator basketball since I was very young. I loved playing and played a lot. It was so exciting in that old alligator alley when Rupp would bring his boys and our students would literally sit on top of his team and we would occasionally beat them. When Neal Walk showed up with his unworldly stats (26pts and 18 reb. a game) teaming with Andy Owens that great year. And all the subsequent stars that came after. When storming norman got us in our first dance and we won games only to lose to Ronny Siekely and that Syracuse team. Vernon Delancy. Ronnie Williams. Dewayne Davis and his dunks. Mad Max. THEN Billy (like SOS) comes along and makes us AMAZING.
This collection of transfers youngsters and hairstyles has grown on me somewhat. Playing with no experienced center they win a game. I like Apple and his clutchness lately. I like Castle and Duruji. What can I say? Ima gator and like how they have overcome so many injuries and lineup changes. And when White is gone I will like the next coaches and team. Help me out here Marine1
I'm going to have to insist you do not watch again until further notice.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

marine1 is a basketball nut. No way he thinks White is remotely proficient. White will be fired at the end of the season. And rightfully so. There’s no reason to fire him now. Get through the season and then find the next coach.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
marine1 is a basketball nut. No way he thinks White is remotely proficient. White will be fired at the end of the season. And rightfully so. There’s no reason to fire him now. Get through the season and then find the next coach.

We keep saying this....yet it never happens....it has to sometime right? RIGHT??

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
The irony is that White has intentionally sought out mid major players that would play his defensive style of basketball and it's unbearable to watch.

UF basketball has an identity under White it's just that it's not what any fan of UF wants to watch. We want to see skilled players that play an attractive up and down game of hoops.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The truest and best thing ever written about Whiteyball. The author should get a pulitzer.

I was just thinking earlier that the perfect symbol for the team is a coin. You can flip it and get one side or the other. Neither outcome is particularly surprising. You can get three or four heads in a row and all the pumpers come out to chide the doubters and tell us they told us so. You can get three or four tails in a row and the dumpers come out and do the same.

This situation clearly favors the dumpers because who the hell aspires to be mediocre? The pumpers are basically arguing at this point that anything short of horrible is not only okay but that you are a doubter and a bad fan if you’re not cool with it.

They don’t call us bad fans anymore. We went from gidiots, complements of Dooley, to lunatics as per Whitley or witless or whatever his name is.

CMW has taken us from the top of the conference to 8th and is rewarded with an extension which probably answers your question about who aspires to be mediocre. UF rewards mediocrity.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who's a pumper? Serious question.
:suspect2:

Go on to nearly any other sports format and say something negative about the gator basketball team and then sit back and watch the answer to your question come flying in. You will be called more names than you can think of.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is forever and always in my top10 of favorite commercials. Thanks for giving me another look at it.

I had forgotten all about this commercial.
Some parts hit really close to home unfortunately.

Some of you younger guys have much of this in your future and it’s beyond your control.

Own your career and save your money.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We keep saying this....yet it never happens....it has to sometime right? RIGHT??

this year is the first time I’ve heard it. I know WE’VE wanted him gone. But this year is the first time that I’ve heard Stricklin and the boosters have gotten involved.

Only caveat that I’ve heard is that our basketball program has stayed squeaky clean.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this year is the first time I’ve heard it. I know WE’VE wanted him gone. But this year is the first time that I’ve heard Stricklin and the boosters have gotten involved.

Only caveat that I’ve heard is that our basketball program has stayed squeaky clean.
That's the problem. If you aren't having to suspend anyone, chances are they aren't any good :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The truest and best thing ever written about Whiteyball. The author should get a pulitzer.

I was just thinking earlier that the perfect symbol for the team is a coin. You can flip it and get one side or the other. Neither outcome is particularly surprising. You can get three or four heads in a row and all the pumpers come out to chide the doubters and tell us they told us so. You can get three or four tails in a row and the dumpers come out and do the same.

This situation clearly favors the dumpers because who the hell aspires to be mediocre? The pumpers are basically arguing at this point that anything short of horrible is not only okay but that you are a doubter and a bad fan if you’re not cool with it.
You're much nicer. I was thinking the perfect symbol is a pile of poop.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's ugly

But sums it up well

Speaking of basketball, if I have my wisdom teeth pulled today, I won't be around until the weekend probably

So we better beat scrub Georgia lol

Go Gators!!!
having your teeth pulled sounds more enjoyable than watching this team pretend to play the game of basketball. Consider yourself blessed.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

They have had a great APR, which is impressive. But at the end of the day, coaching comes down to winning.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's ugly

But sums it up well

Speaking of basketball, if I have my wisdom teeth pulled today, I won't be around until the weekend probably

So we better beat scrub Georgia lol

Go Gators!!!

I will hold down the fort for you.

I will watch the game to include screaming at the TV and kicking furniture in the first half.
In the second half I will accept the mediocrity and limit my emotions to a perpetual head shake while I watch a double digit lead slowly diminish into a very tight finish against the worst team in the conference.

Reality begins for this team on Saturday.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Im with you Coach. I just love it. I could never not watch it or hope for a loss. I grew up with it …..suffered through the bad times and cheered the championships. I’ll watch and support this team til my last breath.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

True….at the end of the day….you have to win. 7 seasons in and White just has not progressed to the next level. Like With Mullen I stayed out until there was an actual opportunity for change. At the end of last season I said I thought this was the year. He has to breakthrough or he’s gone. It’s been the same old seesaw this year. Up and down. I think it’s over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.