Florida Gators Football Dan Mullen grade-A-hire for UF

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2019-9-24_13-5-42.jpeg

Pat Forde doesn’t know Jack shiit about Florida Football....yahoo sports deserves him

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TBD,

The article is based on hires in the past 2 years, so based upon results, yea he gets an A, for Almost , j/k I personally think that Frost's type of offense would kill it with Florida's talent. Things didn't work out...

The players have responded extremely well to the change of staff, Mullen's offense is fairly predictable and he needs players that fit that system, mostly a dual threat , big running QB, without that he needs to go outside his comfort zone. October will tell us if Dan is the Man or the start of another plan

Go Gators
Edit: I will add, that at the time, the program absolutely had to move another direction, dump butters and get somebody, Kelly was the marquee name, obviously dodged a bullet with that one. Frost coming off his success at UCF was a hot commodity and as I said, think his offense would be explosive with Florida talent, ( as seen already at UCF, Nebraska didn't have the players..) so, getting Mullen, who had been at Florida, knew the SEC, was a solid, safe hire, will he be our Richt? perennial 10 game winner but can't bring home the bacon?? TBD

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What did this guy, who's name Ive never heard, rate Chimp and Butters in year 2?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The man just killed it in that new now defunct league and has potential assistants that can recruit all over the U.S.

Couldnt care less if they can recruit all over the US ... I want to own Florida. This is a red herring to the point being made anyone. Of anyone and everyone available to be hired when we was looking, Mullen IS the A hire. That is what it is. Don't be throwing some BS name out there like Orr. Aint that guy still playing football protecting a blindside somewhere. F'ing Orr ... GTFO with that crap.

I aint saying Mullen is rating as an A coach or recruiter right now ... just saying he was probably most likely the best hire we could have made with the resources we had/got at the time.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Couldnt care less if they can recruit all over the US ... I want to own Florida. This is a red herring to the point being made anyone. Of anyone and everyone available to be hired when we was looking, Mullen IS the A hire. That is what it is. Don't be throwing some BS name out there like Orr. Aint that guy still playing football protecting a blindside somewhere. F'ing Orr ... GTFO with that crap.

I aint saying Mullen is rating as an A coach or recruiter right now ... just saying he was probably most likely the best hire we could have made with the resources we had/got at the time.

You’re a fcking idiot....Orr is Spurrier

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Solid B. WHich is fine. It's really too early at this point but I get what they are saying.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Solid B. WHich is fine. It's really too early at this point but I get what they are saying.

We really don't know. I feel like we just don't have the horses to compete and until we do we will likely be a 9-10 win team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator