Florida Pro Franchises

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Hockey in person is 1000 percent totally different than on television, you don't appreciate the athleticism and skating ability until you see it up close. Even minor league hockey is fun.

For sure. My younger brother played hockey and I didn’t. Needless to say anytime we were on ice together he got revenge for all the terrestrial beatings I administered. Damn skates.

The sounds of live hockey are pretty cool too. The swoosh of skates scraping the ice, crash of players into the glass, slap of puck on stick... the game has an aural quality unlike any other sport. Totally lost on TV.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I'll second the thoughts on the Heat. They've been great in the past and have a good foundation but been down since LeQuitter split. They have a pretty good fan base and it's a good place to see a game, except traffic. But every venue in South Florida has traffic issues.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Hockey in person is 1000 percent totally different than on television, you don't appreciate the athleticism and skating ability until you see it up close. Even minor league hockey is fun.
100% spot on. Hockey, much like baseball, does not translate well to TV. In person it is a ton of fun! Baseball translates a little better to TV but its so much better live and in person. Even a Red Sox game is better in person and Fenway is the worst place to watch a game, but a fantastic place to attend a game.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
I'll third the opinion of The Heat. They are a model of a great sports organization. BTW they are really good this year for those of you who haven't paid attention or too jealous to admit it.

B-Ball is a sport that defies demographics in S. Florida. The Hispanics love it, the AA's love it, and they are crazy about them in the Philippines -).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I've been to a number of hockey games. When people ask me my favorite sport to see in person, I say hockey by a mile. I love it. That love for the sport in person has never translated to tv for me. I have tried a number of times but the passion wasn't there. Least favorite sport to watch on tv for me.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Is it better to watch hockey than going to the Swamp? I couldn’t imagine since I don’t feel strongly about another sports like I do with the gators

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is it better to watch hockey than going to the Swamp? I couldn’t imagine since I don’t feel strongly about another sports like I do with the gators

90's Gator games always had this electric feel to them. Hockey at Amalie is pretty freaking cool. The giant tesla coils zapping before they drop the puck is just so freaking cool. Great experience every single time.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
90's Gator games always had this electric feel to them. Hockey at Amalie is pretty freaking cool. The giant tesla coils zapping before they drop the puck is just so freaking cool. Great experience every single time.

Anyone remember when the Bolts played at the thunder dome? You could get season tix for $99.00. General admission, nose bleeds in the upper deck.

puuuuuuuuuuppppppaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator