Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
meyer would never go to that school because he maintains a hate for them. hes the kinda guy that makes a list, and keeps it. hes a merc, but hes also deeply driven to pour it on certain programs any chance he gets, born out of a hate developed for them while at a rival school. that list and that disdain fuels him and its not resettable. im not joking when i say that he would literaly laugh in their faces and tell them to eat sht if they came calling. would be epic to see it go down

:nole:

edit - i remember after he beat bama in the first playoff and at the presser a reporter told him that oregon had just waxed suckU by like 40 points. his response was classic - most ppl think it was simply a response to hearing how many points oregon had scored. partly true, but that smirk planted squarely on his face was him enjoying fsu's misery, just like the rest of us were in that moment.

Urban to fsu.... :rotfl:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brian Kelly's name is being thrown out there as another possibility. Seriously?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
meyer would never go to that school because he maintains a hate for them. hes the kinda guy that makes a list, and keeps it. hes a merc, but hes also deeply driven to pour it on certain programs any chance he gets, born out of a hate developed for them while at a rival school. that list and that disdain fuels him and its not resettable. im not joking when i say that he would literaly laugh in their faces and tell them to eat sht if they came calling. would be epic to see it go down

:nole:

edit - i remember after he beat bama in the first playoff and at the presser a reporter told him that oregon had just waxed suckU by like 40 points. his response was classic - most ppl think it was simply a response to hearing how many points oregon had scored. partly true, but that smirk planted squarely on his face was him enjoying fsu's misery, just like the rest of us were in that moment.

Urban to fsu.... :rotfl:

On the surface it sounds good but one thing I have learned about all of these whores. They all worship at the alter of who will pay me the most money, genuflect the most beneath me and blow me so hard my head explodes (pun intended). None of these guys have a moral compass or any compass for that matter.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wave 10 million a year in front of him and then come back and tell me the story.
even if he needed the money, he has much better options, with deeper pockets. If he makes himself available, he is the number 1 commodity for every single program in cfb in need of a coach, and even some that dont currently have a need.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't think it's as much about his not liking the noles, as much as it is that there will be other places that will be more attractive as a destination than fsu presently. The talent will be far less than it has been by the time a new coach comes in. And we haven't even seen yet what type of backlash this potential firing will cause.

If there's one thing Meyer's shown it's that he hates losing and will pick destinations based on his ability to win, and win immediately. Anything less than that would only tarnish his image.

So yeah, they may be able to come up with some big money. Maybe. But so can several other jobs that will be opening if not this year then next. And they may not have half the baggage.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If there's one thing Meyer's shown it's that he hates losing and will pick destinations based on his ability to win, and win immediately. Anything less than that would only tarnish his image.

This is an excellent point. And fsux will require a complete rebuild on the lines of scrimmage. It'll be at least 3 years before he can compete for an acc title much less a natty. Linemen don't come in a play elite right away. It takes time. They lose Wilson this year. Their recruiting at DT has been awful. The talent drop will be huge next season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He would have zero problem recruiting there. Wouldn't take long to turn it around.

I'm not debating that. But what is the current situation? That was a huge part of his consideration when he took both the UF and OhSt jobs. If he's truly looking at getting back into college this year, Usc is a much more logical choice. He could be in the playoff year one. Great coach/recruiter or not, he isn't taking the noles to that level for at least 2-3 years.

Not to mention he'd be putting the whole ROH thing in serious jeopardy, and for what? A rudderless program in need of a rebuild that he's openly mocked in the past? From an ego standpoint, it makes little sense.

I'm not saying he won't do it. It just goes against his very logical moves in the past.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Brian Kelly's name is being thrown out there as another possibility. Seriously?

Brian Kelley's name mentioned? Of course.

A possibility? Of course not.

Saban, Dabo, and Belichik could be mentioned as well.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Brian Kelley's name mentioned? Of course.

A possibility? Of course not.

Saban, Dabo, and Belichik could be mentioned as well.

Alex.

Believe it or not, I could actually see Kelly. He may very well have realized that he can make the playoff in a perfect storm season, but that's it. The academic restrictions he faces at ND will always prevent him from going any further. Add that to the fact that he's entered virtually every year for a decade on a "warm seat", and he may decide he's tired of that and that it's time for something different. Similar landscape, knows the opponents and could probably do fairly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator