Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, if you consider 4 years temporary.
It's embarrassing that we painted the oak lockers white and laid carpet squares and called it a remodel.
This "it's just temporary" theory just got floated today. Ive never seen it before. Nor have I seen any other phase II plans for the stadium.

I was mocked by some on twitter for originally calling this a paintjob.

Perhaps the world mocking their Fooley Special paint, ductape and glue remodel may change their minds.

These clowns need to be flushed top to bottom.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Did we really lay down carpet squares? Or did we scrape up the old ones, rotate 90deg and glue 'em back down?

Also, if ya'll weren't so damn cheap you'd kick in to Stricklin's Football Fund as he tweeted out we have needs once the other sports have been addressed.

:grin:

Last edited:

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I was just reading the Bleacher Report article about the shambled program Willie Taggart inherited from Jimbo Fisher. As I was reading the parts about the culture that developed under Fisher of entitled and sheltered stars and a focus on eligibility that led to miserable grades and off field issues, I couldn't shake the sense of deja vu as I thought back to the chaos at the end of the Meyer era and the smoking crater that Muschamp inherited and had to fill. Even the part about how the Administration was dedicated to giving him the chance to fix it sounded eerily familiar!

I therefore contend that FSU is now entering their own Coach Willie phase due to several parallels observed with Coach Taggart before, during and after the last season:

1) Inherited a top program a couple years after a National Championon in the midst of a deep dive from those lofty heights

2) Also inherited a talented group of young high quality players infected by the entitled culture

3) Went through the season with a team that either didn't know how to or didn't care enough to make the extra effort to close out halves or assert their will in games when it really mattered.

4) Exhibited a certain level of confusion/lack of planning/lack of creativity in leading the team through games that led wins to become much closer and losses to become much worse than the talent levels would indicate they should be.

5) Recruiting following the season, though strong in some areas, drops off in key areas due to a seemingly weird focus on specific areas of the team rather than a holistic portfolio of team needs

As such, I think the likely ultimate outcome forvTaggart will be that:

A) some of Fishers players will reform and play with the Taggart players to make a strong impact in inone of the next 2 years though they'll likely fall short of a true major accomplishment due to item 4 above.

B) the overall culture and acedemic performance will improve greatly over those years but the team's personnel holes from item 5 above will start to deteriorate team performance on the field at the same time.

C) the team's new culture will not outweigh the rich man/poor man talent roster where parts of the team excel while trying to carry the parts that are under strain from both personnel and talent gaps.

D) Ultimately after about 4-5 years, the administration will be forced to reluctantly have to part ways with him as they realize it won't get any better from there.

Hopefully at that point FSU continues along the same UF trend and hires their own version of Coach Mac v2! (one can only hope...)

So what do you think? Does Willie Taggart == Will Muschamp?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Architect renderings showing the University of Florida's proposed new gym and facilities:

14j23xf.jpg

crappy+gym.jpg

Ev76T.jpg

9438a7bf-73fe-4ef7-a230-4130a5651357.jpg

Alex.

Oh good. They are finally gonna put a door up. That is a huge upgrade.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Architect renderings showing the University of Florida's proposed new gym and facilities:

14j23xf.jpg

crappy+gym.jpg

Ev76T.jpg

9438a7bf-73fe-4ef7-a230-4130a5651357.jpg

Alex.

Alex, now I don't know how old this picture is but I've seen the weight room recently and can attest that we've gotten rid of the cement filled plates.

And that top pic of our indoor practice facility must have been in the summer because those doors are usually open a little bit.

The rest looks right.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I was just reading the Bleacher Report article about the shambled program WiLLLLLLLie Taggart inherited from Jimbo Fisher. As I was reading the parts about the culture that developed under Fisher of entitled and sheltered stars and a focus on eligibility that led to miserable grades and off field issues, I couldn't shake the sense of deja vu as I thought back to the chaos at the end of the Meyer era and the smoking crater that Muschamp inherited and had to fill. Even the part about how the Administration was dedicated to giving him the chance to fix it sounded eerily familiar!

I therefore contend that FSU is now entering their own Coach WiLLLLLLLie phase due to several parallels observed with Coach Taggart before, during and after the last season:

1) Inherited a top program a couple years after a National Championon in the midst of a deep dive from those lofty heights

2) Also inherited a talented group of young high quality players infected by the entitled culture

3) Went through the season with a team that either didn't know how to or didn't care enough to make the extra effort to close out halves or assert their will in games when it really mattered.

4) Exhibited a certain level of confusion/lack of planning/lack of creativity in leading the team through games that led wins to become much closer and losses to become much worse than the talent levels would indicate they should be.

5) Recruiting following the season, though strong in some areas, drops off in key areas due to a seemingly weird focus on specific areas of the team rather than a holistic portfolio of team needs

As such, I think the likely ultimate outcome forvTaggart will be that:

A) some of Fishers players will reform and play with the Taggart players to make a strong impact in inone of the next 2 years though they'll likely fall short of a true major accomplishment due to item 4 above.

B) the overall culture and acedemic performance will improve greatly over those years but the team's personnel holes from item 5 above will start to deteriorate team performance on the field at the same time.

C) the team's new culture will not outweigh the rich man/poor man talent roster where parts of the team excel while trying to carry the parts that are under strain from both personnel and talent gaps.

D) Ultimately after about 4-5 years, the administration will be forced to reluctantly have to part ways with him as they realize it won't get any better from there.

Hopefully at that point FSU continues along the same UF trend and hires their own version of Coach Mac v2! (one can only hope...)

So what do you think? Does WiLLLLLLLie Taggart == Will Muschamp?
Chimp > Willie. Though we are talking low numbers here. Sort of like saying a 4 is hotter than a 2. Neither is much to write home about, but one is not as ugly as the other one.
On the recruiting side of the equation, Chimp's transition class was pretty forgettable, but his second class was much better than Willie's &, from the look of it so far, I suspect his 3rd will prove to be better than Willie's as well. While Urbs did not leave Chimp a lot of talent, he left him more than Jimbo left Willie. I suspect the nulls will make a bowl this year, though I suspect it will be a low tier one. And if they don't pick it up on the recruiting trail in a hurry, year three of Willie could be far, far worse than year one was. Chimp survived year three in Gainesville because of how well the team performed (record wise) in year two. Willie won't have that luxury.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is the temporary locker room right?
In our defense, its the gameday one...when the facility is done in 20 whatever the hell it'll look like those....softball and baseball were more important though!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So what do you think? Does WiLLLLLLLie Taggart == Will Muschamp?
Not even close. Chump was a good DC and a good recruiter mostly on defense.

wiLLLLLLLLie is Tagelwain all the way. He is good at nothing, though he was smart enough to fire himself as OC quickly. He is definietly Mac 2.0, even landing the crapstastic 2 stars he stole from Div2 or 3.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I know we can talk all the **** we want but I think this dude has a point....did we go cheap on this locker room renovation? Kind of looks like we got our lockers from an ikea clearance.

I know this is fsu in shambles thread but this tweet about the difference in facilities is embarrassing. Stricklin should be out there either defending the facilities himself or fixing them immediately. There's no excuse for this embarrassment. Anybody wonder why it's difficult to beat out Uga or Bama for recruits? This is a huge problem that should be fixed right away so it's not always something we as fans are embarrassed about. It's not like we don't have the money. If we don't have the money to fix the football facilities issues then Scott Stricklin needs to get off his lazy ass and go raise the money. Go on a fund raising tour to have the best facilities in college football. Get Spurrier to travel with you and tell stories and you'll have the money in not time. I mean Jesus Christ man we should be boasting about the cutting edge locker rooms and facilities we have. Not always bitching about how embarrassed we are that we have to hide our cheapness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.