Florida, Statistically

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Trump thinks the polls are all buyest against him in a bigly way. He said they're all smoking mirrors and can't be trusted. We'll see if his fears will come to forwishen on November 8.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we could just get that red zone offense improved and start converting TD's when we get down there, we could be a dangerous team. Being #55 in the total offense so far is a major improvement over last year. Just need to translate that into points. It's like a puzzle that we nearly have completed but we are still missing a piece or 2.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
What were we before the last game and our 8 false starts?

We're not scoring as many TDs as I'd like, but how many are more than 20yd plays?

I get it, we're not there yet. That's been obvious for awhile. But we're not where we've been the past 7-ish years, either. We've improved. We're not there yet, but we have indisputably improved.
Absolutely

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If we could just get that red zone offense improved and start converting TD's when we get down there, we could be a dangerous team.

Of 21 red zone visits, do you really want to count 3 times Mac was proving a point to the offense by going for it on 4th downs against cupcakes? Do you really count the end of a half or game? Throw those out and we're 14/16 (87.5%) and ALL touchdowns.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm getting hung on this thread for some reason today.

Related concern would not just be red zone performance, but offensive performance in general as the OP points out. We're currently #60 in pts/game (30.3). That puts us behind #42 MIA (33..7 is close), #35 F$U (34.9), and #11 USF (42.4). Fourth....in our own state. Hell, we're behind schools like Akron and ODU.

Great. Now I'm really depressed.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
An offense in the 50s and a RZ scoring @#117 is terrible when you're SOS of these teams played so far is near a #100 and the one that remains is #12

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Of 21 red zone visits, do you really want to count 3 times Mac was proving a point to the offense by going for it on 4th downs against cupcakes? Do you really count the end of a half or game? Throw those out and we're 14/16 (87.5%) and ALL touchdowns.
They're the facts. You can't leave them out just because they don't read the way you want them to. Its the same with he's 10-0 with his QB crap. He's not, he's 15-5. If this were being said by UT, LSU or FSU we'd all be calling them idiots and laughing at them. Whoever we hire next is going to have to dig out of a bigger hole than Mac did because of his recruiting.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
We could be 12-0 with an average win of 10 points over Bama, LSU, F$U, bUTtchug, and a lot of you will find reasons to complain.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Crazy how things have changed since 2006 with these wide open offenses. We had the # 19 total offense in yards per game at 396 in 2006.

396 yards a game this year puts a team at # 77 in the country.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy how things have changed since 2006 with these wide open offenses. We had the # 19 total offense in yards per game at 396 in 2006.

396 yards a game this year puts a team at # 77 in the country.

I think a lot of that has to do with coaches forgetting the importance of defense too. Kinda like what's going on here at UF. Mac was hired to fix the offense, and he's made strides in that department based on us being in the 100+ ranking range for so long and now finally this year he's got them up in the 50s somewhere, but defensive recruiting has fallen way off in his focus on the offense.

Oh, and after thinking about it, doesn't that kinda mean Mac's offense is better than Urban's was in '06? If his would have been 77th among offenses today, and Mac's is in the 50s? :giggle:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I asked, so I looked it up:

UMASS = 12yd pass / 40yd FG / 49yd FG / 26yd pass / 48yd FG ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (downs)
KY = 3yd run / 78yd pass / 54yd FG / 5yd pass / 26yd pass / 4yd run / 28yd pass ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (end of game)
UNT = 22yd FG / 6yd run / 2yd run / 20yd run / 1 yd run ||| 2 Red Zones with no score (downs, downs)
TN = 3yd pass / 15yd pass / 1yd run / 10yd pass ||| 0 Red Zones with no score
VAN = 4yd run / 42yd FG / 26yd FG ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (end of game)
MIZZ = 53yd FG / 24yd FG / 39yd INT / 78yd INT / 20yd pass / 33yd run / 44yd KOReturn ||| 2 Red Zones with no score (missed FG, fumble)

Net of Red Zone performance:
Scoring in red zone opportunities = 14/21 = 67%
TDs in red zone opportunities = 14/21 = 67%

Plus 5 'explosive' TDs on offense of 26+yds

Here's a bonus takeaway from what I found. Of those missed 7 opportunities in the red zone:
2 were end of game running out the clock
3 were turnover on downs (Mac going for it) against Umass and UNT
1 missed FG (against MIZZ, only time Mac went for 3 in red zone)
1 fumble

I don't think that's too shabby.

Also, we have Eddie at 19/19 XP and 9/12 FG. How many years since we could say that?
That's some good work, T! Gives us a much needed accurate and specific view of the team's performance in the red zone. So many posters here seem to miss the fact that Mac is only mid-way through his second year after taking over a team whose roster was gutted by Muschamp & Co, and he's on track (so far) to win the SEC East two years in a row. Yeah, we've got some serious issues that must be dealt with, and quickly, but Mac's doing pretty damned well with what he was given. To all the armchair critics here, I say don't let your penchant for b^tching obscure the positive things going on with the program. It really is great to be a Florida Gator!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's certainly a bigger emphasis on hurry up, which leads to more offensive plays and more total yards.

But don't forget that they've also changed the rules to make playing defense illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator