Florida, Statistically

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I asked, so I looked it up:

UMASS = 12yd pass / 40yd FG / 49yd FG / 26yd pass / 48yd FG ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (downs)
KY = 3yd run / 78yd pass / 54yd FG / 5yd pass / 26yd pass / 4yd run / 28yd pass ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (end of game)
UNT = 22yd FG / 6yd run / 2yd run / 20yd run / 1 yd run ||| 2 Red Zones with no score (downs, downs)
TN = 3yd pass / 15yd pass / 1yd run / 10yd pass ||| 0 Red Zones with no score
VAN = 4yd run / 42yd FG / 26yd FG ||| 1 Red Zones with no score (end of game)
MIZZ = 53yd FG / 24yd FG / 39yd INT / 78yd INT / 20yd pass / 33yd run / 44yd KOReturn ||| 2 Red Zones with no score (missed FG, fumble)

Net of Red Zone performance:
Scoring in red zone opportunities = 14/21 = 67%
TDs in red zone opportunities = 14/21 = 67%

Plus 5 'explosive' TDs on offense of 26+yds

Here's a bonus takeaway from what I found. Of those missed 7 opportunities in the red zone:
2 were end of game running out the clock
3 were turnover on downs (Mac going for it) against Umass and UNT
1 missed FG (against MIZZ, only time Mac went for 3 in red zone)
1 fumble

I don't think that's too shabby.

Also, we have Eddie at 19/19 XP and 9/12 FG. How many years since we could say that?

:clap: :fistbump:

It was clear to me before I finished reading the op that the author was literally only emphasizing the stats that supported the narrative he wanted to tell. There are plenty of stats there that don't support the same sky-is-falling story. ...but if we notice those, we can't
:chickenlittle:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are we perfect not even close but we have definitely made strides under Mac, IMHO. I'm not sold on him yet but I'm also not ready to throw him under the bus either. These last 5 regular season games will tell us a lot about this team. 2 teams we should definitely beat (UGA, S-Carolina) and 3 that are very winnable. We should beat FSU this year, they have looked terrible defensively and their offense is Dalvin Cook basically. No excuses there. @Arky and @LSU are going to be tough, but winnable. I expect us to go at least 4-1 over this 5 game stretch. If we do, I will be satisfied. We have one of the best defenses in the country and an offense that is improving, and we actually have a kicker this year. Much better team this year than we had last year, hands down.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Hey, kev - why don't you give Mac a full 24 months to work whatever magic he's got before you fry him?
I'm sorry that I can see the writing on the wall and you can't. If it's not clear to you yet that he can't recruit then that's on you, but more and more on this board are finally seeing what I knew from the start. You'll see as well in Feb but I'm ok with you being reserved on your judgement of him. More power to you for being one of the last to hold hope for him

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We were sold a lot of things go about this guy and none have come to fruition. There is fixed it for you guys!
I don't know who was sold anything. Pumpers? Who listens to them. He was a 21-17 coach. You are what your record says you are.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I don't know who was sold anything. Pumpers? Who listens to them. He was a 21-17 coach. You are what your record says you are.
That's what I was saying from the beginning. Hes an average coach a a below average at recruiting. You've got to great at one of them and he's not. I just hope when he's gone that we make a real hire

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator