Florida tabbed as the top job in the country

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not possible. We were assured that if Muschamp were fired last year no one would want the job.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In other news the sky is blue, water is wet and dwags stink like :kiffin:.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad nobody else would have wanted the job if muschamp was fired.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A quote from the article by Thomas Goldcamp: ""With the SEC Network money about to come roaring in, the Gators, already the supremely dominant program in the state based on revenue and fan support, are poised to create even greater distance between themselves, Florida State and Miami. Within the next five years Florida's athletic department will be 60 or 70 million dollars a year bigger than FSU's.

We passed Miami years ago; FSU is about to be toast...

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24199 said:
Not possible. We were assured that if Muschamp were fired last year no one would want the job.
I know it really means nothing, but, what top coach would have taken the FL job. Don't say Charlie Strong - that's taking the easy out. I cant think of one that I would have wanted.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n24281 said:
I know it really means nothing, but, what top coach would have taken the FL job. Don't say Charlie Strong - that's taking the easy out. I cant think of one that I would have wanted.
First off, how is taking out Strong the easy way out? He would have taken the job. And we don't know what other top coach would have been interested, because the job was never open. It's really easy to say now that no one would have wanted it. However, we aren't UT. There would have been interest, and a lot of it.

I'm scheduled to have Charlie Strong on the podcast in two weeks, and I'm going to ask him personally if he would have taken the UF job.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
yep, strong would have leaped at the job, and we would not be having this discussion now

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
yep, strong would have leaped at the job, and we would not be having this discussion now
Get an avatar, dubby.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm afraid we will be putting this article's conclusion to the test sooner rather than later.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard Nick saban say the Florida job was the best in the country multiple times. This job is far superior to freaking Tennessee. We have a loaded roster

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n24281 said:

This is like saying I'll take the fat, one-eyed, hunch back with herpes for my wife because no supermodel may be available.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n24283 said:
First off, how is taking out Strong the easy way out? He would have taken the job. And we don't know what other top coach would have been interested, because the job was never open. It's really easy to say now that no one would have wanted it. However, we aren't UT. There would have been interest, and a lot of it.

I'm scheduled to have Charlie Strong on the podcast in two weeks, and I'm going to ask him personally if he would have taken the UF job.

Because he is at best mediocre. And he loses to 6-6 CUSA teams.

Strong = Mushchimp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Too bad nobody else would have wanted the job if muschamp was fired.
BS..cough cough..bull spit

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll need the extra money to buy WM out!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24477 said:
Because he is at best mediocre. And he loses to 6-6 CUSA teams.

Strong = Mushchimp.

Strong is 37/16 (698) as a head coach.

Muschamp is 38/22 (579)

Strong > Muschamp

??????

Just for info: In 2011, Strong lost to FIT (Sun Belt) and Marshall (CUSA)...... Those losses compare favorably with any Muschamp loss!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Strong was playing in the Big Least and his "in-state rival" is Kintucky. Whehhhh tough game to offset all those Big Least games. Sorry, not impressed and I'm glad he isn't here. I can't even fathom paying him 6 mil for his mediocre resume. His defenses weren't even consistently good and in that respect, Chimp is better. I wouldn't want either as Hbc but I'd take Chimp over Strong as a DC every day of the week.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Strong will have a chance to show if it was mostly him or was it mostly Bridgewater over the next few years at Texas.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n24508 said:
Strong was playing in the Big Least and his "in-state rival" is Kintucky. Whehhhh tough game to offset all those Big Least games. Sorry, not impressed and I'm glad he isn't here. I can't even fathom paying him 6 mil for his mediocre resume. His defenses weren't even consistently good and in that respect, Chimp is better. I wouldn't want either as Hbc but I'd take Chimp over Strong as a DC every day of the week.

I'm with you on this one. Never wanted Strong..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator