Florida unveils throwback uniforms for Auburn

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I know some of you younger folks don't remember but we played "Dixie" every game, the band was nicknamed the "Biggest Boom in Dixie," and we had a fraternity that road through the campus every year in Confederate uniforms waving pistols around and shooting into the air (blanks). If you didn't stand up for "Dixie" you risked life and limb.
I began going to games in 1965. The band came out with the stars and bars and American flag playing Dixie. It sounded AWESOME. In my 10 yr old mind it said we are southerners and love our team. The sounds of the drums with the music was incredible. Like you said THE Biggest boom in Dixie. And fckk the Yankees. I never thougt about hate or anger at black people. I was around them most of my early life and began going to school with them in 7th grade. When I got older I realized what some of the symbols meant to black people. I understood it. I dont apologize for my youth but I identify now with the flag I fly over my yard all the appropriate times. I still believe in many southern traditions. Being kind and polite to neighbors. Respect for older people. Help when I can. Put bacon grease in most veg. dishes and just trying to remember we all are human beings that deserve respect until we prove otherwise I have no need to fly a flag that flew over a time when we owned people or even afterward was used to support Jim Crow and worse. .............and between me and you I have MET some very nice Yankees. One was my best friend for a long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad for people that didnt get to see our greatest gator actually play. DId you know that he lead us to 4th qtr wins in about 1/3 of our games..........
I'm sorry, but I probably wasn't even a sperm yet.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So I'm digging the unis. I always like old school gear. I believe I'm gonna have to get some of the new old school swag.

image_handler.aspx

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hats don’t look bad at all.

I like simplicity when it comes to my Gator gear. I have three shirts in white, orange and blue each with just a giant "F" on them. These new throwbacks are almost too busy for me. :lol:

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, when searching for Gator shirts I came across what I'm wearing for St. Patty's Day this year....

st-patricks-day-shenanigator-shirt-for-st-paddy-mens-t-shirt.jpg

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
So I'm digging the unis. I always like old school gear. I believe I'm gonna have to get some of the new old school swag.

image_handler.aspx

I looked up these hats and discovered InstiGator works for our marketing department. I give to you the special edition Insti abbreviation hat:

A2E15A55-E003-4B7A-9B1E-4FED3002CF86.png

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I like simplicity when it comes to my Gator gear. I have three shirts in white, orange and blue each with just a giant "F" on them. These new throwbacks are almost too busy for me. :lol:
Same. Took me forever to find a Colorado and Florida shirt I like. Both are simple: Colorado in gold on all black shirt with simple nike check and Gators in orange on all blue shirt with simple nike check. You’d be surprised how hard that is to find in stores. Too many v-necks for guys like @Slevin .

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this year's #11 plays admirable compared to the 1966 #11. He's no SOS, but would like that number to light it up.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I looked up these hats and discovered InstiGator works for our marketing department. I give to you the special edition Insti abbreviation hat:

Awesome. Needs to add a "G" after the "L" though. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator