***Florida vs FSU BBALL Game Thread***

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can't blame any recruiting on White at this point. These are Billy's kids that can't shoot FTs or 3's and they couldn't do it last year either.

You can blame Whitw for having Hill on Bacon instead of Finney-Smith. They gave Bacon and easy look at the basket. Horrible coaching after a TO

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think we are forgetting that Billy D had an extremely hard time with this team last year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79 said:
vlt.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dickie V aint a coach he is a side show. If he hits the three White is a genius. He didnt call for a three. They kid took an open shot. White is playing the cards he was dealt. My God give him a chance or learn a little about basketball before you continue to say dumb things.

I agree to give White a chance but that was a terrible shot. Down by 1. Take a high % shot...drive to the basket and maybe you get to the line. Seriously, I'm not banging on White but that was not a very good shot after a time out.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I switched to football after we let the assnoles run off the last 10 points of the half. Relieved to hear we made a game of it after 10 down at the break. Pains me to say the holes looked like a dance-caliber team. Where did Hamilton find that 7'4" giant?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, guess that's as good as they can do when the shots won't fall. Some were kinda iffy shot selections, but they're the scholarship BBall guys, not me.
Rinse and repeat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE said:
. btw, law doesnt know everything about BB. In fact little. Maybe nothing.
He's right. Maybe even less than nothing. I dont even know why Im posting in this thread.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
79, Sas gets it. New coach, same shooting skills, 1/2AssssU should have beaten us by double figures, But the team played their ass off and kept it close and even had a shot (like they did against the #1 team MichSt.). You coach kids to take open shots. If you get them thinking "no hell no pass the ball" you up end up with a real mess. You coach unselfishness and ball movement. Hard to improve their shooting at this age. Sometimes it is mental and the worse it gets the worse it gets. Billy coached them the same way, Keep taking good shots and they will fall. Last night Robinson and DFS did not give us what they usually do or have done in the past. White deserves some time and his players before you throw him under the bus........Billy did not light it up early on and he was a nobody, too. Truce?
oh yeah, Murphy is hurt again and he was gonna be important.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team just doesn't have any shooters. You can't win many basketball games if you can't make baskets. White needs to work on bringing in shooters and a PG.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't know what to say. I predicted this team would have 4 losses going in to conference play, but hoped I would be wrong. Really disappointed as I thought with Allen and BFR we'd have our shooters (Allen had his breakout game last night, too bad BFR can't make a bucket). We are what we are. We should still finish above .500 in the SEC, but I haven't seen enough improvement from this team to think we can get into the big dance. Ugh.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You obviously don't watch the games - his name is Justin Leon, and he's made a few buckets, even a couple of 3-pointers. He's averaging 2.3 points per game, just below what BFR averages getting ~10 more minutes per game, and BFR's supposed to be a scoring machine (FYI-he was one of Billy's).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He's right. Maybe even less than nothing. I dont even know why Im posting in this thread.
He sounded like you........and I knew you were watching......one of your last football posts was genius.........Im not sure I even got all of it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As critical as I've been of white, I don't think we can put this on him. We have the same problem as last year. There's a huge talent gap between us and every team we've lost to. Robinson, hill, chiozza and bfr were all highly rated guys that haven't lived up to their billing. My biggest issue last is that we kept putting small guards on bacon and we kept going underneath screens. Doe should have guarding him on that last possession.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I really don't know what to say. I predicted this team would have 4 losses going in to conference play, but hoped I would be wrong. Really disappointed as I thought with Allen and BFR we'd have our shooters (Allen had his breakout game last night, too bad BFR can't make a bucket). We are what we are. We should still finish above .500 in the SEC, but I haven't seen enough improvement from this team to think we can get into the big dance. Ugh.
Big dance, lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator