***Florida vs Mississippi St BBALL Game Thread***

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Although Schuyler-Rimmer is "a project" I think with a season under his belt, he will
prove useful as an inside bench-sub next year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A couple thoughts on the game

1. Always glad to get a W
2. We have been turning the ball over a lot lately
3. The offense is starting to get better and that is a really big deal
4. The D has taken a step back
5. Egbunu hit FTs late in the game!
6. Leon has been a nice addition except for FT shooting (no excuse for that)

Overall this team is growing... if they can get the D back to where it was and still hit shots they can be dangerous. The game against West Virginia in a couple weeks would be a really nice win for a tourney resume. Need to keep winning at home and get some road wins. Making the tourney would be huge for this team.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not a bad win. MSU had that senior, Sword maybe? who went crazy end of the game scoring every time he touched the ball and yet we were still able to pull it out. Egbunu is actually a better FT shooter than his percentage, technique-wise. He should be able to get into the 60's and higher as we go forward. Hayes and Leon are so bad shooting FT it's sad. There is no excuse for that. Leon's FT shooting looks so bad I'm wondering if his made 3's have been luck.

Robinson is still probably in the top 2 as far as talent on this team, but we need to get more out of him.

Need to win the next one to keep the mo going.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So maybe White CAN recruit?
Well kept 3/4 of this last class together and brought in Leon, who's turned out to be a good player. Then we signed Eric Hester, another 4 star combo guard. The basset kid is 3 star player but has a very long list of p5 offers. And when Alexander committed he was unranked, now he's a top 50 player. It looks like he's a pretty good recruiter.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Work out with an old BB player and coach who can still hit 9/10 FTs although he is his 70s (and, yes 10000 screaming fans wouldn't change that). Also says he can teach anyone to shio FTs. Does White have them practice FTs?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Work out with an old BB player and coach who can still hit 9/10 FTs although he is his 70s (and, yes 10000 screaming fans wouldn't change that). Also says he can teach anyone to shio FTs. Does White have them practice FTs?
Yes they practice free throws. They've had white wanting to pull his hair out . It was a problem last year aswell.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yes they practice free throws. They've had white wanting to pull his hair out . It was a problem last year aswell.

It's psychological at this point. I think it's beyond repair as far as practicing, need to boost confidence somehow

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's psychological at this point. I think it's beyond repair as far as practicing, need to boost confidence somehow
Exactly. I would imagine these kids were automatic in highschool or atleast better than they are now. Look at Leon, his 3point percentage is higher than his free throw percentage during league play.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I remember hearing at one of the games that White said this team has shot more fatigued free throws than any other team he has coached...

So he is practicing them and doing it when they are fatigued which is key... I agree that it is mental at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator