***Florida vs Mississippi St BBALL Game Thread***

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Shaq once said, I make my free throws when it matters. Egbunu must follow that philosophy but he hit 8 of 12 which is great. Glad we pulled this out. Sometimes wins like these are good.

Now for sweaty Bruce. He had a lot of success vs. Billy D. We'll see if White can flip that.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Allen is good now and getting better, has a high ceiling. Neither point guard seems to be able to run the team effectively for extended periods. Egbunu was nails at the line late in the game. Leon is an awkward looking player but has some skills. White has had some growing pains but seems to be gaining his footing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were pretty complacent tonight. Idk how many turnovers there was but I had to skip over 45 mins cause I was tired of watching us hand them the ball. Conference wins are going to be hard to come by so I'll take it. This is just a crazy year in college basketball across the country. March madness is going to be ridiculous.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Miss St almost beat UK @Rupp and TAM. No way we should have lost, but I think that team is a tad better than their record

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To be fair, Miss St almost beat UK @Rupp and TAM. No way we should have lost, but I think that team is a tad better than their record
They have some good players. Idk why they don't have a better record.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They have some good players. Idk why they don't have a better record.

First year coach....haha but seriously idk. It's kinda like our team last year that consistently lost close games

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
First year coach....haha but seriously idk. It's kinda like our team last year that consistently lost close games
They have better players than we did last year by a mile. They're going to beat a few teams they're not supposed to this year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely seems like MSU is better than their record indicates, but that also could have been our guys lollygagging on defense the whole game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
MSU barely lost to UK and TxAm. They are WAY better than the their WL record. When you say HIll is garbage you obviously think BB is all offense. And he has his moments. Last night comes in with a rebound and coast to coast big dunk. Last game hits a 3 then 4-4 at the FT line but he gives us PT at pg and defense too. Reading most of pg 3 I guessed we lost. But I watched it all and knew what happened.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My son actually got to go to the game last night while vacationing in FL this week. He said it was a great game and the MSU should be a little more regarded than what they are and UF has a LOT of work to do. He had a great time.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad we got a tough win there but MSU is not a good team. Good teams don't lose all their conference games like they have so far.

I just wish we could get anything at all out of Hill or Chiozza. We would be a top team if either of them could play just a little bit.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MSU is not a very good team but they have played some good teams very close. UF has more talent but we are not a very good team right now either but we've played some good teams very close.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leon has been a solid addition, but obviously can't hit free throws to save his life. He shouldn't be in the game down the stretch in tight games.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Leon is a pretty good defender and in tight games he might need to be on the floor. It's a sucky situation, but White doesn't have a lot of options who to get the ball to for FT making.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Watching the game last night I was reminded of the story about the player from an unnamed school who was 0 for 7 from the free throw line in the first half of a key game. At halftime the coach approached him and said "you're 0 for 7 on foul shots. What are you thinking out there?"
The player said..."I'm thinking I'm going to miss..".

I believe Hayes had that mindset near the end of the game. No way he was making any of those shots.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leon is a pretty good defender and in tight games he might need to be on the floor. It's a sucky situation, but White doesn't have a lot of options who to get the ball to for FT making.

Yep . Major Parker was the same way. Fantastic on ball defender, but terrible at free throws and not much of threat offensively.
Parker was a better defender than Leon, but not as good shooting the 3.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yep . Major Parker was the same way. Fantastic on ball defender, but terrible at free throws and not much of threat offensively.
Parker was a better defender than Leon, but not as good shooting the 3.

Maybe his FT troubles were due to his coke use...couldn't settle down? What a sad story that is.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice sweep of the Mississippi schools Gators!
:chomp:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else think Schuyler-Rimmer sucks ass? I was glad to see he was out with pink eye, or whatever it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator