***Florida vs N. Florida NIT***

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chiozza won't start in 2017 as long as week keep Alexander in the class
We don't know that. He's not rated any higher than chiozza was coming out of school and there's not much tape on him. I doubt Chiozza is worried about getting beat out by a freshman. Not saying that he won't. Just saying Alexander isn't the caliber player to make players transfer.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Rimmer is a walk on. Why tell him to leave? I would say walker and bfr are the most likely transfers. Being objective here, who are we going to replace chiozza with and why would he go sit for a year when he's pretty much guaranteed the starting job after hill leaves. I hope we can get a decent freshman to develop and save the other spot for the 17 class. You know, start the rebuilding process.

I know Rimmer will be a walk on...I don't even want White to have the choice of putting him in the game. Of course I am being facetious, however if he left I wouldn't be mad haha.

Chiozza is also wishful thinking, as I'm sure he isn't going anywhere.

I'm thinking the only transfer is Walker.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leon making me look stupid (that's not that hard).
I think he is a good 3 point shooter when he is wide open. His problem is that he doesn't really jump when he shoots it and has a low release point. The combination of those flaws makes it really easy to defend.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a good grad transfer. That way we could have an open spot for 17. Adding Moore and yuat alok would be best case scenario if devo and bfr transfer.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can you believe he's unranked?

It is surprising he isn't at least a 3 star based on size and athleticism.

Sarasota (my hometown) isn't a basketball haven by any stretch of the imagination, so that doesn't help him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is surprising he isn't at least a 3 star based on size and athleticism.

Sarasota (my hometown) isn't a basketball haven by any stretch of the imagination, so that doesn't help him.
My guess is he came into the country kinda late and hasn't had much time for aau ball and hasn't gotten enough exposure.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, what a BLOWOUT that was!! Now the question is, how could they leave us out of the big dance with this showing??!! Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its funny to go back and read the threads and all I see is complain, complain, complain and not much comments on us actually playing good. Must have been tough for some of ya'll in 2005-2009 when we were titletown cause ya'll didn't have much to complain about!! LOL I'm sure the 2013-14 season was tough on some of ya'll too when we went to the Final 4 and were 36-3.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Its funny to go back and read the threads and all I see is complain, complain, complain and not much comments on us actually playing good. Must have been tough for some of ya'll in 2005-2009 when we were titletown cause ya'll didn't have much to complain about!! LOL I'm sure the 2013-14 season was tough on some of ya'll too when we went to the Final 4 and were 36-3.

I've been called a "pumper" on here, but wow you really take the cake. Never seen somebody so happy about an NIT win

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We played well against a sunbelt team in the NIT. There is a reason for the enthusiasm to be tempered.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
But, is there room for enthusiasm at all? Haven't seen much in here this basketball season.

I'm happy for the win. But not real excited about any future games and not exactly 'looking forward' to next year either.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a great coaching job by White to keep these kids engaged on the road in the NIT. They could easily just have packed it in and said screw it but they played hard and won in a blowout. 20 wins is 20 wins baby!! Go Gators!! I'm a big time Gator so a WIN is a WIN. If you don't like it then you just aren't as big a Gator fan if a fan at all. It doesn't matter if its Tiddly Winks as Steve Spurrier once said, we want to Win them all and every win is big!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What a great coaching job by White to keep these kids engaged on the road in the NIT. They could easily just have packed it in and said screw it but they played hard and won in a blowout. 20 wins is 20 wins baby!! Go Gators!! I'm a big time Gator so a WIN is a WIN. If you don't like it then you just aren't as big a Gator fan if a fan at all. It doesn't matter if its Tiddly Winks as Steve Spurrier once said, we want to Win them all and every win is big!

You got that! This is White's time to shine. He's now 6-3 I think in the NIT. He's the man!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You got that! This is White's time to shine. He's now 6-3 I think in the NIT. He's the man!

funny-sarcasm-quotes1.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we've got to earn our way onward to beat all the nits we face.
Then this tournament will be of some "practice" benefit. Gotta be better than
practice to play against an enemy coach and team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator