***Florida vs Ohio St NIT BBALL Thread***

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
No. They never collapsed. Hit free throws when we needed them. And, by the way, the coaching wasn't bad either. Took down a 21 win Big Ten team.
Playing Chiozza while we blew an 11 pt lead in the first half that was solely on Chiozza is coaching. Leaving Chiozza in to take step back 3pters when we went from up 16 to up 7 is coaching. Overall, coaching was pretty good. But those desicions are clearly on the coach and shouldn't be happening at the end of March.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I wad nervous about this especially with Big John out, and in fact thought we'd lose. Didn't get to watch. Glad to see Hayes putting up points. How'd we look overall?

I hope we play Monmouth, the most exciting bench in basketball, so we can reenact the Gator death roll from the bench.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I wad nervous about this especially with Big John out, and in fact thought we'd lose. Didn't get to watch. Glad to see Hayes putting up points. How'd we look overall?

I hope we play Monmouth, the most exciting bench in basketball, so we can reenact the Gator death roll from the bench.
Overall we looked good. We did pound the ball inside a lot today and OSU played terrible defense on it. We didn't shoot good as usual but our defense created turnovers and we rebounded well.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Playing Chiozza while we blew an 11 pt lead in the first half that was solely on Chiozza is coaching. Leaving Chiozza in to take step back 3pters when we went from up 16 to up 7 is coaching. Overall, coaching was pretty good. But those desicions are clearly on the coach and shouldn't be happening at the end of March.
Hill and Allen can't play 40 minutes each. Do you want BFR in there? I don't.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hill and Allen can't play 40 minutes each. Do you want BFR in there? I don't.
Yeah, unless he is for sure transfering. Hill and Allen can go 35+ min unless they absolutely need a break or get in fouls trouble. We didn't press once so a deep bench was not needed. Chiozza played way to much for how he has and was playing today. Guards all over the country barely come out of the game no problem. Should be that way here unless there is a reason to take them out. Look at Allen (Duke) Murray and Ulis (UK), Heild (OU)...and on and on. Top guards are needed. I get that they need a break and sometimes might be a bad matchup...but really Chiozza plays too much for what we can be putting out there imo

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
7a11910da8a581ec759429512647b90ee6d52447f6bc470b9dfa60d8b1142b7b_1.jpg

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is always fun to beat OSU. The kids played hard all game outside of a few expected OSU runs. I wish they could play like that during the regular season for an extended period of time.

Great game Gators.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
4 star SG Tyson Jolly is trying to get released from his commitment to California. Would love to add him to this class

Apparently we have already contacted him and he is from Florida...so fingers crossed

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Winning is good, giving those buck nuts a knee to the groin is even better... Congrats Gators!!

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think Rimmer had 4 passes bounce off his hands and straight to OSU, just total stone hands. And he got totally exposed on defense when he was in there, people moved around him like he wasn't there at all. If we had been able to keep him off the floor today, it's a 20 or 25 point W. Not sure if Rimmer has had any good days, but today sure wasn't one.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
4 star SG Tyson Jolly is trying to get released from his commitment to California. Would love to add him to this class

Apparently we have already contacted him and he is from Florida...so fingers crossed

Please?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If Hill is in you guys want Chiozza, if Chiozza is in you want Hill. Open your and see a calm but charismatic young coach steadying a team and encouraging them. And a deep run in the nit will help the program more than a quick exit from the NCAA.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
That's all I wanted to hear lol. Trust me, I hate the NIT, but this can be a good thing for next year
I don't even remember the Gamecock fans being pumped after back to back NIT titles in 2006-07. I think they ended up firing their coach years later.

I honestly didn't see UF actually pulling it off at pOSU. pOSU looked like the better team headed into this game. Congrats on breaking the 3 game losing streak.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If Hill is in you guys want Chiozza, if Chiozza is in you want Hill. Open your and see a calm but charismatic young coach steadying a team and encouraging them. And a deep run in the nit will help the program more than a quick exit from the NCAA.
Obviously this comment came after not reading this board in a month? No body wants Chiozza. For 2 months now it's been mainly Chiozza should be benched and BFR or Allen should be back up pg.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats goodguys for a win without "main-cog" Egbunu... and against a team
better than what 67.5% of our regularly scheduled opponents ? I can't see how this
NIT can hurt us now. Is this Coach White's most NIT wins ? Will this not serve as a
stepping stone to making the NCAA tourney soon ?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I saw great effort today and that is all I ask for. The fact that they played well is a bonus.
When I was asked after the game how we played I said; "We played like the team we could have been all year."
Hopefully, this is a trend for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.