***Florida vs South Carolina BBALL Game Thread***

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is going to upset some of you (T cover your eyes) but Joe Lunardi has us as an 8 seed right now :whistle:
Troll on.

Who the hell doesn't want us to win and make the NCAA's? And no kidding, we are currently still in, but we used all of our safety margin when we lost at home to Bama. We had a good chance to improve our status at USCe and failed. Now Vandy is even more of a must win than it already was.

If we lose tomorrow we are on the outside looking in with UK and two road games to go. By tomorrow night we'll have a much better idea where this season is headed.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is going to upset some of you (T cover your eyes) but Joe Lunardi has us as an 8 seed right now :whistle:

That is good to see, but we still have to finish strong and win a couple games in the SEC tourney. A loss to Vandy tomorrow night will hurt that. Really need to split the next 4 games.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Troll on.

Who the hell doesn't want us to win and make the NCAA's? And no kidding, we are currently still in, but we used all of our safety margin when we lost at home to Bama. We had a good chance to improve our status at USCe and failed. Now Vandy is even more of a must win than it already was.

If we lose tomorrow we are on the outside looking in with UK and two road games to go. By tomorrow night we'll have a much better idea where this season is headed.

Bro, it was sarcasm. Sheesh

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That is good to see, but we still have to finish strong and win a couple games in the SEC tourney. A loss to Vandy tomorrow night will hurt that. Really need to split the next 4 games.

Agreed. Saw LSU may be without one of their better players for the rest of the year so I think that one is more winnable now.

All 4 games are toss-ups IMO. Let's hope we get 2 at the minimum

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We will be fine. Get Vandy tomorrow night, beat them, win @ Mizzou, most likely LSU is a toss up and Kentucky should beat us. Get 1 in the SEC tournament and we are golden. I don't think people realize mike white isn't the one missing wide open shots :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think people realize mike white isn't the one missing wide open shots :rolleyes:
:lol2: claw.

The muschamp defense is my absolute favorite! Remember some of these from two season ago?

"pretty sure muschamp wasn't the one who dropped that wide open pass in the endzone against LSU"
"muschamp wasn't the one that had recievers open but kept throwing the ball over their head"
"muschamp wasn't the one that told driskel to throw it right into the DB's hands"

Good times :rotfl:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Troll on.

I agree that things looked pretty grim after the Bama loss, but they're a 12 seed in Lunardi's latest bracket and LSUs currently on the outside looking in. https://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/237
Bama's been hot lately, beating A&M, and both LSU and us at home, during a 5-game win streak, before losing to MSU by 6 in their last game. Our loss to Bama, while at the time seemed really bad (we played really bad, that's for sure), doesn't seem as bad now (at least in the eyes of those that don't get to watch our ugly brand of BB much).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yet a&am just beat kensucky... But we sure won't. We are gonna be lucky to make it. Seriously. I'm doubting it happens at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yet a&am just beat kensucky... But we sure won't. We are gonna be lucky to make it. Seriously. I'm doubting it happens at this point.

All we gotta do is finish .500 in the final games and we're in. Win 2 of the final 4 and then win the first SEC tourney game. It's not out of the question. I do understand the frustration of our fans as I can't stand to watch our guys flounder around at times, but I'm not giving up yet. I'm gonna keep pumpin' until there ain't no more sunshine to pump.
:pumper:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lol2: claw.

The muschamp defense is my absolute favorite! Remember some of these from two season ago?

"pretty sure muschamp wasn't the one who dropped that wide open pass in the endzone against LSU"
"muschamp wasn't the one that had recievers open but kept throwing the ball over their head"
"muschamp wasn't the one that told driskel to throw it right into the DB's hands"

Good times :rotfl:

Are you inferring that I said those things? I wouldn't doubt I did, I'm an optimist and try to give everyone a chance, and at the time yes Muschamp wasn't the one who dropped a wide open pass against LSU, although it's his fault he had a converted DE at TE there. But back on point, white can't hit the shots for them. It's not really his fault when this teams misses wide open shot after wide open shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You are smoking crack if you think we'll be favored in 2 of our last 4 games.

Psst, hey NV, we are a 4 point favorite over Vandy. Wanna bet we are favored at Mizzou as well?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
. But back on point, white can't hit the shots for them. It's not really his fault when this teams misses wide open shot after wide open shot.
Football and basketball are HUGELY different in coaching, In FB they coach each play and change players usually. Basketball flows. You call plays and change def but not all the time. If you get guys open shots with your offensive flow they have to hit them normally. Our shooting is abnormal. So we keep looking for the hot hand. If this team was just an average or even below average we are top ten. If our FT shooting was better early on we have 2 or 3 more wins.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Are you inferring that I said those things? I wouldn't doubt I did, I'm an optimist and try to give everyone a chance, and at the time yes Muschamp wasn't the one who dropped a wide open pass against LSU, although it's his fault he had a converted DE at TE there. But back on point, white can't hit the shots for them. It's not really his fault when this teams misses wide open shot after wide open shot
Nope, just stating you are putting forward the same illogical defense. If the coach isn't ultimately responsible for the play on the field or the court then why bother having one. The "well the coach isn't one playing the game" defense is one of the most laughable defenses of poor team performance one could come up with.

The only way that defense holds in any water is if we traded a musty for a Saban or a white for a coach k and not much changes. You and I both know if we had a top coach we'd be in much better shape than we are. That's why I find that line of defense laughable.

But you still my dawg big claw :fistbump:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Nope, just stating you are putting forward the same illogical defense. If the coach isn't ultimately responsible for the play on the field or the court then why bother having one. The "well the coach isn't one playing the game" defense is one of the most laughable defenses of poor team performance one could come up with.

The only way that defense holds in any water is if we traded a musty for a Saban or a white for a coach k and not much changes. You and I both know if we had a top coach we'd be in much better shape than we are. That's why I find that line of defense laughable.

But you still my dawg big claw :fistbump:

One of the least informed posts ever. Lol. Did it never reach your medulla oblongata that last year we had one of the very best coaches in all of basketball? How did they shoot for him? Oh that's right! They played worse! Hoist on your own petard. This coach has them near the limit of their modest abilities--they rebound and play defense. Maybe we can eventually recruit some better shooters.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One of the least informed posts ever. Lol. Did it never reach your medulla oblongata that last year we had one of the very best coaches in all of basketball? How did they shoot for him? Oh that's right! They played worse! Hoist on your own petard. This coach has them near the limit of their modest abilities--they rebound and play defense. Maybe we can eventually recruit some better shooters.
How well did Allen, Egbunu, Leon, BFR, Hayes, Walker and Rimmer play for Billy last year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.