Florida whipped by Tennessee - Fire Coach White?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Indiana is crazy bball country, it's comparable to the south and CFB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why should I be surprised to hear someone suggest we fire the guy midway through his first season for not immediately blowing up the top 10 when Donovan used to get panned for not winning a national title every year? Some of you forget basketball came just before badminton until a few decades ago.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Works? Guy has one title to show for it. Took a team led by an all-star in Anthony Davis to get it.
Best recruiter I've ever seen. Horrible coach. If a competent coach had the talent he's had, they'd have at least 4-5 titles by now.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
All I ever said in this thread was if White takes this team and he finishes with a losing record you would have to give serious consideration to making a change. I recognized from the start that this is a really talented team (even if some of you didn't, especially those who tried to claim it's the same group Billy had a losing record with last year). Being by far the most talent White ever coached, failing with this group coupled with no top tier players in his recruiting class would have been serious warning signs.

But I also said bad shooting is a funny thing and it can turn around quickly, and when you don't expect it. So far so good for coach and the team. Need to keep the mo going, but I've watched all of the so called "top teams" this year including the WV team we just stomped and I don't see anyone we can't beat if we keep the defensive pressure up and the shots keep falling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator