Florida whipped by Tennessee - Fire Coach White?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:ohnoez: Worst team Billy had was last year.......but we all give him a pass (anyone with any sense does). We basically still have that team with that mindset. 5 star PG that cannot shoot (but he has some upside) . This team went on the road and almost beat the #1 team in the country at the time (Mich St,) who has the dean of good coaches. This guy needs some time. He has coached in the SEC. He had them playing good def. most of the year. One big problem is DFS is the leader of the team and from what I can tell does not lead. The real problem is we are now not good in FB or BB and that is horrible for UF egos. Welcome to the world of old gator fans from the 70s and 80s. White needs time to get his players and system going. A man named John Wooden did this 15 years before he became the greatest BB coach of all time.

UCLA Bruins[30] (Pacific Coast Conference) (1948–1959)
1948–49 UCLA 22–7 10–2 1st (South)
1949–50 UCLA 24–7 10–2 1st (South) NCAA Regional Fourth Place
1950–51 UCLA 19–10 9–4 T–1st (South)
1951–52 UCLA 19–12 8–4 1st (South) NCAA Regional Fourth Place
1952–53 UCLA 16–8 6–6 3rd (South)
1953–54 UCLA 18–7 7–5 2nd (South)
1954–55 UCLA 21–5 11–1 1st (South)
1955–56 UCLA 22–6 16–0 1st NCAA Regional Third Place
1956–57 UCLA 22–4 13–3 T–2nd
1957–58 UCLA 16–10 10–6 3rd
1958–59 UCLA 16–9 10–6 T–3rd
UCLA Bruins[30] (Pacific-8 Conference) (1959–1975)
1959–60 UCLA 14–12 7–5 2nd
1960–61 UCLA 18–8 7–5 2nd
1961–62 UCLA 18–11 10–2 1st

Lucky them that they did not fire him cause he didn't immediately give them ego gratification

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, Noah Dickerson, once committed to UF before Billy bailed, has started all 14 games for UW and is averaging 20+ minutes, 7 pts and 6 rebs per game. He could have helped this team out, but we all know our real need is a point gaurd who is a threat to score and can make free throws - an inherited deficiency that is hardly on Coach White.

Um... I think Lorenzo is 100x the coach White is. Just a slight difference there.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There is no way we fire White after one year. That looks horrible to other coaches. It may even prevent us from getting a great coach knowing if they don't succeed after one year they not safe.
It would be hard to fire him after one year, unless we really tank and finish with a losing record. That would be enough, along with a recruiting class ranked near dead last in the SEC to admit we (Foley) made a a mistake, and the sooner it is corrected the better.
I get no buzz from beating Florida in basketball. All I know is 11 in a row.
I'm talking FB dumbazz. Which game made you want to slap your cousin-wife more, the collapse to OK or this Grier to Calloway classic?

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe this comment got a Like.

Maybe because it's true... It's ridiculous to want to fire a coach that has a proven track record of being a good coach. Not even halfway through his first year

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad we didn't get Shaka Smart, billy really f'd us there.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe because it's true... It's ridiculous to want to fire a coach that has a proven track record of being a good coach. Not even halfway through his first year

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.
jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I cant remember ever having a team with worse shooting from the guards. It is pitiful.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
It'll be a while before UF sniffs a Final Four appearance.... hell, making the dance may be troublesome.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see him making it past year 2. I don't see this season getting any prettier either.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Talking recruiting, I accidentally caught SEC network adore-him interview with Calipari
and he said that he lets his recruits' Dads know that he'll (UK) will get his kid into the NBA …
plus he said he lets his recruits know that when they're through with the NBA that they can
always come back to school at Kentucky with a full scholarship ? What is that, some kind
of academic schooling scholly or some alumni set-up all expense paid schooling ?? Sounds just
shady enough to be true. Legal ??

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's what recruits are looking for. Can this coach get me to the NBA? Seems like they don't care as much about winning anymore. And that's why many don't like Calipari. It is shady, but it works.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's what recruits are looking for. Can this coach get me to the NBA? Seems like they don't care as much about winning anymore. And that's why many don't like Calipari. It is shady, but it works.
This. It's all about who can get me to the nba and who's paying their aau handlers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Talking recruiting, I accidentally caught SEC network adore-him interview with Calipari
and he said that he lets his recruits' Dads know that he'll (UK) will get his kid into the NBA …
plus he said he lets his recruits know that when they're through with the NBA that they can
always come back to school at Kentucky with a full scholarship ? What is that, some kind
of academic schooling scholly or some alumni set-up all expense paid schooling ?? Sounds just
shady enough to be true. Legal ??

Their eligibility is up when they come back, so I don't know how the NCAA would view it. But it's shady as hell.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Their eligibility is up when they come back, so I don't know how the NCAA would view it. But it's shady as hell.

I have no clue either what Cal meant. It's not like guys with NBA $ need a scholarship to pay for school.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Works? Guy has one title to show for it. Took a team led by an all-star in Anthony Davis to get it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have no clue either what Cal meant. It's not like guys with NBA $ need a scholarship to pay for school.

I'm thinking that Caliperi is telling Mom/Dad/ & 17 year old recruit that even if NBA doesn't
work out (injury, get cut, etc.), your boy can get his college education/diploma without worry. ??
… plenty "kids" who make NBA-$ wind up "not so rich". Anyway, it's an up-front guaranteed
diploma for Mom & Dad to hear about = a win-win invite. Sounds shady as hell to me too.
But all Caliperi has to do is make going UK better "sounding" than other college offers.??
It's a sales-closing offer.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The White hire was questionable and a typical Foley type of hire. I didn't personally care for the hire too much but do see why there was promise with this guy. I'm hardly a White apologist but this was hardly a good team that was left for him. We have no shooters whatsoever and our bigs while big are not exactly highly thought of talents. Billy did not leave the cupboard very full...in fact despite all that he did we are closer to the team he took over back in the 90s than the program he built and maintained for almost 2 decades.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator