Florida's starting quarterback against Tennessee will be decided later in the week

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
GatorintheKnox;n284396 said:
Failed drug test per espn. Idiots.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

morons. leave the blunts and the wonder joints to these guys ...

Attachments

• conv_4590.gif
    conv_4590.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 47

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All the more reason to not deflate your RSFR's confidence after he just earned his first SEC win and is about to face his biggest task to date. This announcement, whether designed to motivate or anything else, looks not so smart in retrospect.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier will play looser, and better, against UcheaT, since he won't have to look over his shoulder at all. It is his team right now 100%, whether the pouting selfish pot smoker comes back or not.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n284417 said:
Grier will play looser, and better, against UcheaT, since he won't have to look over his shoulder at all. It is his team right now 100%, whether the pouting selfish pot smoker comes back or not.

I think Treon would've played very loose this weekend. One might even say, relaxed.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Gatorbait25;n283932 said:
#1- A buck twenty five against any team over a full game isn't playing ''relatively well''
#2- He has put the ball on the ground in 2 of the 3 games which is never a good thing. His ball security stinks.
#3- He threw it right to the defender in the end zone. In week 2 he did the same thing, but got away with it. Picks in the endzone in tight ball games are usually lethal.
#4- Based on what? I don't think he ever saw the defender.

Maybe Treon would've done about the same,better or even worse. But Grier wasn't very good last saturday.

He's a redshirt freshman playing his third game. Good lord. Think of how Danny Wuerffel struggled at times in his RS Freshman year. I recall Spurrier play QB roulette vs Miss St with Palmer, RS freshman Grossman and true freshman Berlin.

Grier has shown quite a bit of raw ability. He already can do some things that Driskel nor Brantley could ever do. The more reps he gets, the better he will get.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n284476 said:
He's a redshirt freshman playing his third game. Good lord. Think of how Danny Wuerffel struggled at times in his RS Freshman year. I recall Spurrier play QB roulette vs Miss St with Palmer, RS freshman Grossman and true freshman Berlin.

Grier has shown quite a bit of raw ability. He already can do some things that Driskel nor Brantley could ever do. The more reps he gets, the better he will get.

Go look at Danny's first 3 games where he played significant amount of time- I haven't yet. I know he had a rough one but showed a lot of promise early. I am sure he will get better but I am definitely a little concerned watching the past 2 games. And now with Treon's situation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm amused at all the gnashing of teeth after just three games, under a new coach, a new system, involving a redshirt freshman QB, behind a patchwork offensive line. Relax, folks, it'll happen. Give it time.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Gator Fever;n284486 said:
Go look at Danny's first 3 games where he played significant amount of time- I haven't yet. I know he had a rough one but showed a lot of promise early. I am sure he will get better but I am definitely a little concerned watching the past 2 games. And now with Treon's situation.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...20230_1_kentucky-danny-wuerffel-chris-doering

September 12, 1993|By MIKE DAME The Orlando Sentinel
LEXINGTON, Ky. — Resist the temptation to clean your reading glasses: A redshirt freshman quarterback and former walk-on receiver saved Florida's national championship aspirations Saturday when Danny Wuerffel completed two key passes to Chris Doering - the latter with 3 seconds remaining - as the No. 7 Gators defeated Kentucky, 24-20, before 58,175 at Commonwealth Stadium.
It was the good fortune of which championship seasons are made.
"Kentucky probably deserved to win more than we did," UF coach Steve Spurrier said. "We were extremely fortunate."
Florida had not won a road opener since 1990, when it upset Alabama.
The outcome offset a pitiful performance by UF quarterbacks, who did not pass their first real test of the season. The only passing they seemed to do was to Wildcats defenders, as Kentucky had seven interceptions.
Dean threw four of them and finished 18 of 30 for 150 yards. Wuerffel had the other three and was 10 of 22 for 138 yards and two touchdowns.

Now compare his first KY game to Grier's first KY game.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n284500]I'm amused at all the gnashing of teeth after just three games, under a new coach, a new system, involving a redshirt freshman QB, behind a patchwork offensive line. Relax, folks, it'll happen. Give it time.[/QUOTE]

That's what message board folks do.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's settled for sure now

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n284417 said:
This is what I am hoping. Don't know Grier, but many people will behave this way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In a way it may be what Mac was looking for. Even though its an off the field issue he wants someone to step up and lead. Treon really damaged his chances to lead this team. It may be something that will stick between him and Mac for a while.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
TN G8tr;284514 said:
It's settled for sure now

I just hope Grier brings his A game. I prefer to see him run the O, but Harris showed he can handle the ut d. I really hate losing Tabor for this game. That said, Mac has to establish discipline and accountability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.