Florida's starting quarterback against Tennessee will be decided later in the week

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Law98gator;n283628 said:
This is why you are a nightshift stock clerk at Walmart and Mac makes millions.

I'm a nightshift store clerk at Walmart? News to me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
chferg;n283829 said:

To be honest, that post was at 7:47pm, and you didn't respond until 8:30 this morning. It's pretty clear, you are the night shift clerk at WalMart.

Get some sleep.:lol2:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;283767 said:
He seems to do better in practice because he knows he's not getting slammed to the ground. Similar to many reports of how he struggles in the redzone in practice when they dial up the defense. I will repeat what I wrote earlier, this is coming from a 5 star, top ranked QB who has been through 2 spring and fall camps, against a top 10 defense, He should be having very little problems with the defenses of KY and even TN (as ox noted they are ranked fairly low)

Grier been given every opportunity to separate himself from Treon and hasn't been able to do it so far. Treon may not have the prettiest passes, and came from a spread offense, but he is a gamer! and played big boy HS football, we can win with him. If those Grier fanboyz thinking scoring 14 points against KY (and getting shut out in the 2nd half) is going to cut it against the stiffer SEC schedule then they are delusional, we might win only a couple more games this year at that rate, And that is unacceptable to me. I know this is a rebuilding year, new coach, system, but there is enough talent on this team to take the East this year. That experience will go far more towards next year and recruiting than taking ugly losses.

Agreed. Hopefully Grier shreds Tennessee this week if he does start to separate himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n283675 said:
But, you think Harris does/has? You're funny as that flaming piece of crap on the doorstep...

That's a matter of perspective. It could, in fact, be quite funny. Depends on which side of the door you started from.

Poop.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n283705 said:
...We're getting both sides from you. You've been putting on different personas in different threads lately...

Ahhhh....that answers a lot ...

:exactly:

Law is bipolar.

I'll try to be a little more sympathetic and a little less annoyed from here on...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n283767 said:
Grier been given every opportunity to separate himself from Treon and hasn't been able to do it so far. Treon may not have the prettiest passes, and came from a spread offense, but he is a gamer! and played big boy HS football, we can win with him. If those Grier fanboyz thinking scoring 14 points against KY (and getting shut out in the 2nd half) is going to cut it against the stiffer SEC schedule then they are delusional, we might win only a couple more games this year at that rate, And that is unacceptable to me. I know this is a rebuilding year, new coach, system, but there is enough talent on this team to take the East this year. That experience will go far more towards next year and recruiting than taking ugly losses.

I still can't make out what your point is here. If we stick with Grier we're gonna lose all the games, so play the guy who played worse and led us to even less points against ECU? Yet somehow, in this crazy alternate universe of yours, this will make us win more games because reasons?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n283656 said:
I am not sure what some people are seeing. Seems like Grier has played relatively well, especially given he is a redshirt freshman. He has made some mistakes, but very few catastrophic ones. Yes, he threw a pic last week, but it was a good play, and the throw was to the right person, he just underthrew it a bit and lacked some touch. In time he will make those throws.

As to the running, yes, he is probably tucking and running too quickly, but given the spotty offensive line, and our fairly mediocre running production, him making the decision to do that isn't all bad. It keeps the defense honest.

I REALLY like how he makes his decisions quickly, and gets rid of it quickly, or runs with it quickly. That minimizes the potential for catastrophic error.

We saw Treon all last year, and a little bit this year. He did OK. But at this point I'd rather stick with a kid has more upside and is doing pretty good considering his background.

#1- A buck twenty five against any team over a full game isn't playing ''relatively well''
#2- He has put the ball on the ground in 2 of the 3 games which is never a good thing. His ball security stinks.
#3- He threw it right to the defender in the end zone. In week 2 he did the same thing, but got away with it. Picks in the endzone in tight ball games are usually lethal.
#4- Based on what? I don't think he ever saw the defender.

Maybe Treon would've done about the same,better or even worse. But Grier wasn't very good last saturday.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier has made some incredible throws. For instance, that throw he made to the TE was insane. The defender was all over him and Grier threw the ball low (about knee height) and just a foot or so to the right of Jake. When they showed the replay the announcer said it was literally the only place he could put the ball safely and give the TE a chance to grab it and leave the defender defenseless to make a play. It was in about as tight of a window as one could throw it.

The problem with Grier so far, is he has been hot or cold. Inconsistent. You can see the enormous upside he has. He just has to play more consistently. But he gives you the feeling that once he puts it all together, he's gonna shred some SEC defenses.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;283928 said:
I still can't make out what your point is here. If we stick with Grier we're gonna lose all the games, so play the guy who played worse and led us to even less points against ECU? Yet somehow, in this crazy alternate universe of yours, this will make us win more games because reasons?

Played worse??? Against ECU treon got about half the possessions Grier got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n283853 said:
Originally posted by chferg View Post

To be honest, that post was at 7:47pm, and you didn't respond until 8:30 this morning. It's pretty clear, you are the night shift clerk at WalMart.

Get some sleep.:lol2:
In before chferg tells us whatever lofty job he has.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if this type of decision making will impact who starts... smh

CPmv8TYWEAETAO1.png:large

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;284030 said:
Wonder if this type of decision making will impact who starts... smh

CPmv8TYWEAETAO1.png:large

2 men wide open... He's gotta get those out

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n284033 said:

Throw to the guy who's open beyond the first down marker ! For a QB with a quick trigger how'd Grier not fire that ?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n283970 said:
Played worse??? Against ECU treon got about half the possessions Grier got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Treon had 3 red zone trips and 7 points. We're done here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n283932 said:
#1- A buck twenty five against any team over a full game isn't playing ''relatively well''
#2- He has put the ball on the ground in 2 of the 3 games which is never a good thing. His ball security stinks.
#3- He threw it right to the defender in the end zone. In week 2 he did the same thing, but got away with it. Picks in the endzone in tight ball games are usually lethal.
#4- Based on what? I don't think he ever saw the defender.

Maybe Treon would've done about the same,better or even worse. But Grier wasn't very good last saturday.
He was a freshman making his second start, and it was on the road. I'm guessing you were expecting a Heisman season. That comes later.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;284040 said:
Throw to the guy who's open beyond the first down marker ! For a QB with a quick trigger how'd Grier not fire that ?

No idea but he had multiple options and a clean pocket. I'm guessing first road game jitters.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n284033 said:

Whoever made this is an idiot.

D-Rob is covered. The moment Grier cocked his arm back to throw it to him, that defender on the hash jumps it and picks it off. Goolsby doesn't even look like he's part of the read, he's just the backside route to keep the defense spread out. Powell is open, but the corner would jump all over him as soon as he caught it and it would be about a 4 yard gain.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with sas, that static photo may give the appearance that there were options but if a video of that play was shown I think most would have a different opinion. The only guy open is Powell and by the time he caught it and turned he'd get a step or two until being hit.

Treon :nutswinger: keep criticizing Grier :nutswinger: for imbellishing one and down playing the other. The reality is both groups are equally adept at :nutswinger: for their guy and :kiffin: on the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.