Foley and Jon Gruden are in negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
As long as the new head coach puts up points and W's, I don't care who we hire.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n117230 said:
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell, but the one thing that I find fascinating is the thought of Gruden in living rooms and High Schools across the country recruiting for Florida. Wow, talk about raking in recruits.
I agree on both counts. I can't see it but we certainly need the recruits.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
OcalaGator83;n117489 said:
I can definitely confirm that Foley may have been in one of the 800,000 cars that passed by here on I-75 today.

LOL! One of the upsides of finding a new coach is reading the speculation that is nothing less than comic gold. This thread has had my wife wondering if I've lost my mind laughing so hard reading this stuff.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love it but don't even think it will happen with Chuckie. But I would love to see the faces up here in Vile Country if that did happen. It would be a complete meltdown and you'd think that Smokey just died. They are so trying to believe in B!tch Jones its almost laughable. Their shatting the bed hoping that they beat Vandy this weekend.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I have my concerns about Gruden. First, he never wanted a young QB in all his years with the Bucs. He always brought in old washed up QBs. Imagine him trying to work with a college (redshirt) freshman, he might go insane. Also, his play calls were like 57 words long. Imagine a (redshirt) freshman QB trying to relay that to the team, overly experienced NFL QBs had a hard time with that. The wrist play book would have to be an entire arm play book. Other than that I'm on board. Dudes been offered so many NFL jobs that if he wanted to coach in the NFL he wouldn't have to make a pit stop in college first. I enjoy some wild speculation!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Gruden Day ya'll!

:dance2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't entirely dismiss the notion of Gruden going to UF. It's beyond rumor that he wants back in coaching. He's got two sons in high school in Tampa. The UF job would afford him to keep them in school and take over a premier college program that he's long held in high esteem.

As for whether he'd be successful in the college ranks, that's hard to say. He's a poor man's Spurrier, a guy who specializes in tutoring quarterbacks (including yelling at them) and scheming the offense. We'd likely be running the west coast, which leaves me a bit meh. At the very least, it'd shake up recruiting in the state.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n117384 said:
Question. How can Foley be in negotiations with Gruden and offering the job to Freeze at the same time?

By the way ... it is common practice to send out multiple offers with the stipulation that they expire on a certain date or many other different arrangements. This has happened in the past for Foley's searches ... and is one of the reasons why Urbz came back so quick from his Saban induced panic attack (which is another story). However ... just like last search, think of Gruden as more of a confidant or adviser ... not a coaching prospect. And .. Foley hasn't been to Tampa during the last week or so. Take that for what it is worth.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're a joke. The world is laughing at you.

Have you considered doing a youtube video?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n117653 said:
Which one of us? We're all candidates.

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Law98gator;n117653 said:

Have you considered doing a youtube video?
I actually am a pretty funny guy. Does making arguments with hyperboles get you far in the courtroom? Based on how you treat people here and discuss topics ... you must be a crappy lawyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n117656 said:
Does making arguments with hyperboles get you far in the courtroom?
You think hyperbole doesn't work?

Besides, it's not hyperbole. I really do think you are either an idiot or a troll.

Attachments

• conv_1445.jpg
    conv_1445.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 33

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I would not mind Gruden. It would all be on what type of staff he brings in.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
No way Gruden can be the man. As a HC he has a 54% winning record.
This is a smoke screen keeping attention away from who is actually being
negotiated with. Expect the announcement by next Tuesday afternoon. I
think the one chosen will surprised everyone.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n117666 said:
No way Gruden can be the man. As a HC he has a 54% winning record.
This is a smoke screen keeping attention away from who is actually being
negotiated with. Expect the announcement by next Tuesday afternoon. I
think the one chosen will surprised everyone.

And you know this based on what information?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n117656 said:
I actually am a pretty funny guy. Does making arguments with hyperboles get you far in the courtroom? Based on how you treat people here and discuss topics ... you must be a crappy lawyer.

Probably not a crappy lawyer...just your typical government employee... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.