Foley and Jon Gruden are in negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
T REX;n117662 said:
I would not mind Gruden. It would all be on what type of staff he brings in.
I would love Gruden just for the entertainment and star power. But it makes us look like idiots even talking about it. I have to agree with Law on this one. Trolling the most likely explanation. He listed the other possibility but I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to tell a lawyer joke, but not on Thanksgiving, play nice guys. Love you law98 and even the mean people on here.
Having Jon Gruden would be cool, even for just a few years, but I'm 95% sure it will not be him. I just don't want Freeze.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just a feeling... I'll shut up and go back and eat more turkey.:backout:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nautigator;n117717 said:
I was going to tell a lawyer joke, but not on Thanksgiving, play nice guys. Love you law98 and even the mean people on here.
Having Jon Gruden would be cool, even for just a few years, but I'm 95% sure it will not be him. I just don't want Freeze.
Come on Nauti, dont hold back. We're here for entertainment after all.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The gruden thread is 7 pages already? He is very unlikely to even consider it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
g8rgolfer;n117652 said:
By the way ... it is common practice to send out multiple offers with the stipulation that they expire on a certain date or many other different arrangements. This has happened in the past for Foley's searches ... and is one of the reasons why Urbz came back so quick from his Saban induced panic attack (which is another story). However ... just like last search, think of Gruden as more of a confidant or adviser ... not a coaching prospect. And .. Foley hasn't been to Tampa during the last week or so. Take that for what it is worth.

Urban verbally agreed to the OSU job within 2 weeks of Tressel being fired/resigned, if you're referring to the 2nd set of episodes.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n117857 said:
In a boot on a scooter?

Damn! Somebody needs to tell'em to stay off of those death traps. Someone is likely to fall and break an elbow.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
He'll be criticized for showing emotion on the sideline.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;117888 said:
He'll be criticized for showing emotion on the sideline.

We get it. You'd like to keep Champ until the entire program collapsed.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
From what I was told the sticking point with Gruden and Foley is they couldn't come to terms on the assistant coaches pool of money. Gruden wanted in the neighborhood of $4.4 million for his assistants but Foley was only willing to go as high as $3.5 million. You have to wonder if the McElwain buyout hiccup will change Foley's position. I guess we'll find out in due time.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n123858 said:
You're hilarious, keep it up.

This.

I'm sure the "only sticking point" between Foley and Gruden during conversations that never happened was over the pool of money for his assistants. Idiotic. :rolleyes:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gatorbreath;n123864 said:
This.

I'm sure the "only sticking point" between Foley and Gruden during conversations that never happened was over the pool of money for his assistants. Idiotic. :rolleyes:

I'm just telling you what I heard from a 3rd party. I'm not betting my life on it. It makes some sense, though, as we're ranked somewhere around 8th in the SEC as far as total dollars spent on the assistant coaches' salaries and we've fallen pretty low over the past 4 or 5 years when looking at where we rank in paying the head coach, too. It does seem to fit Foley's mindset of paying the assistants less but letting them use UF as their stepping stone to a better job. Quite frankly, that's one of the primary reasons why our assistant coaching turnover is as high as it has been since Meyer was here.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So he let $900k stop him from getting the coach and staff he wants? Riiiiiight!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n123902 said:
I'm just telling you what I heard from a 3rd party. I'm not betting my life on it. It makes some sense, though, as we're ranked somewhere around 8th in the SEC as far as total dollars spent on the assistant coaches' salaries and we've fallen pretty low over the past 4 or 5 years when looking at where we rank in paying the head coach, too. It does seem to fit Foley's mindset of paying the assistants less but letting them use UF as their stepping stone to a better job. Quite frankly, that's one of the primary reasons why our assistant coaching turnover is as high as it has been since Meyer was here.

Brother, I am no student of what an acceptable pool of money for assistant coaches is and given that, I will accept that component of your statement. Apparently our facilities suck and now we're cheap with assistant coach pay.

And, I will plead guilty to a dickish tone in my last post.

All of that said, there is no way JF has spoken with Gruden, tried to speak with Gruden, even thought about Gruden except while he's listening to Gruden nut-swing whomever happens to be on MNF that given night.

Gruden talk makes us look like Buttchuggers and it should stop. We're far better than that (and them).

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gatorbreath;n124194 said:
Brother, I am no student of what an acceptable pool of money is for assistant coaches is and given that, I will accept that component of your statement. Apparently our facilities suck and now we're cheap with assistant coach pay.

And, I will plead guilty to a dickish tone in my last post.

All of that said, there is no way JF has spoken with Gruden, tried to speak with Gruden, even thought about Gruden except while he's listening to Gruden nut-swing whomever happens to be on MNF that given night.

Gruden talk makes us look like Buttchuggers and it should stop. We're far better than that (and them).

Hey, that's cool. I'm not upset by your last post and you're certainly entitled to your opinion on whether they spoke or not.

Here's the best part...no matter how much we post about it, wish it to happen or act like giddy school girls while we banter back and forth about about JGrud, we'll NEVER, EVER in a million lifetimes EVER come remotely close to plunging the bottom of the barrel, low level depths of the Buttchuggers!!! And for that we can all be proud! :)

GO GATORS!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n124207 said:
Hey, that's cool. I'm not upset by your last post and you're certainly entitled to your opinion on whether they spoke or not.

Here's the best part...no matter how much we post about it, wish it to happen or act like giddy school girls while we banter back and forth about about JGrud, we'll NEVER, EVER in a million lifetimes EVER come remotely close to plunging the bottom of the barrel, low level depths of the Buttchuggers!!! And for that we can all be proud! :)

GO GATORS!

True.

You know, I'm not sure, but I think we may have had a "moment" here.... :tickle:

:barfaway:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.