Founding Member
That's all? His record is 50-4 at OSU.

TebowSnuggie-1.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thank you.

This can't be true. We are all-around the best in all of the universe. The math must be wrong.

OR...after the spring sports are done we probably get a bunch of points.

Per the wiki, at the bottom of those standings:

capitalonecup.com
Updated January 26, 2016

So, no, none of our spring sports have been counted as yet.

Scroll just 2" lower for last 5 yrs champions:

Attachments

• 5-17-2016 10-33-57 AM.jpg
    5-17-2016 10-33-57 AM.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 77

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's all? His record is 50-4 at OSU.

Yeah... in the BIG with no other competition other than Michigan State. Just now he will have two schools to compete with Michigan State and Michigan. Unless you think the BIG is the same as the SEC?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah... in the BIG with no other competition other than Michigan State. Just now he will have two schools to compete with Michigan State and Michigan. Unless you think the BIG is the same as the SEC?

It's not like the SECe was any better during that time...could you have imagined Urban here? It would have been the same level of competition...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Dude, he beat Saban and Alabama until they cried! Then he beat them for crying! Give credit where credit is due.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Check out the last game SOS coached against a pretty good Maryland team. When Rex came in to play it looked like Fla was playing against air with that passing game. i was there,
I was at that game too. The Maryland fans were talking smack before the game and they were all leaving at half time...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, he beat Saban and Alabama until they cried! Then he beat them for crying! Give credit where credit is due.

"Beat them until the cried?" - Yes.. he beat him and he is doing great, but lets not act like he has had Saban like success. He was great at UF, but burnt himself and the program out. Has he learned at OSU... yet to be seen.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"Beat them until the cried?" - Yes.. he beat him and he is doing great, but lets not act like he has had Saban like success. He was great at UF, but burnt himself and the program out. Has he learned at OSU... yet to be seen.

You clearly implied that he is winning in the B10 because of weak competition....yet when he played out of conference, against the SEC...in the CFB Playoffs, his team STOMPED Alabama. So, sure...if you want to find a way to insult probably the 2nd best college football coach in the last 40+ years, sure...he's winning against easy competition in the B10. I'm sure he's really upset about that.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Foley's body of work is absolutely amazing. His work in NRG sports is legendary. It is the recent hires in football and basketball LOSING MILLIONS (BREAKING THE FOOTBALL SELL OUT STREAK) WHICH NULL AND VOIDS NON-REVENUE SPORTS SUCCESS

There, much better....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2016 Capital One cup

Men's Standings
Stanford 106
#2 Clemson 72
#3T Alabama 60
#3T North Dakota St. 60
#5 Syracuse 44
#6 Jacksonville St. 36
#7T Akron 30
#7T Richmond 30
#9T Ohio St. 25
#9T Sam Houston St. 25
#10T Syracuse

Ahhh, yes. All the other Best in Business ADs who put their time and money into nonrevenue sports.

Maybe someday we can hire the AD from North Dakota St, Jacksonville St, or Sam Houston to keep up the Fooley tradition of destroying football but trying to justify his existence with other useless sports.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Law, give me 5 active AD's who have a better resume over the last 10 years...

I wish I could like this more than once.

We could be generous and ask for a better resume over any period.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You clearly implied that he is winning in the B10 because of weak competition....yet when he played out of conference, against the SEC...in the CFB Playoffs, his team STOMPED Alabama. So, sure...if you want to find a way to insult probably the 2nd best college football coach in the last 40+ years, sure...he's winning against easy competition in the B10. I'm sure he's really upset about that.

I think Meyer is a great coach, but I wouldn't say that the AD at OSU is better than Foley just because he hired Meyer. Meyer was basically itching to go to that job and it isn't like Foley turned Meyer down or pushed him away. The question was what AD you would want more than Foley... somebody said the OSU AD... I don't think Meyer has had enough sustained success at OSU to give the AD credit for anything. At Alabama you can see where the AD has put a focus on football and facilities and you can give both the old and new AD credit for listening to Saban and doing what he says regarding facility updates. I have yet to see that level of success from OSU. I would also add that OSU had a coach that had to be fired because of violations. Foley has kept UF violation free and that is a BIG deal.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Meyer is a great coach, but I wouldn't say that the AD at OSU is better than Foley just because he hired Meyer. Meyer was basically itching to go to that job and it isn't like Foley turned Meyer down or pushed him away. The question was what AD you would want more than Foley... somebody said the OSU AD... I don't think Meyer has had enough sustained success at OSU to give the AD credit for anything. At Alabama you can see where the AD has put a focus on football and facilities and you can give both the old and new AD credit for listening to Saban and doing what he says regarding facility updates. I have yet to see that level of success from OSU. I would also add that OSU had a coach that had to be fired because of violations. Foley has kept UF violation free and that is a BIG deal.

ATX, I think Foley is "among" the best AD's out there. Honestly, I think we can both agree that UF is a school that a lot of ADs could have success at. I'm not saying it's "easy"...but it is definitely easier to win at UF than a Tennessee, Mississippi, or Vandy (type programs). Can we agree on that? I'll give you McGarity at UGA as an example. He was Foley's right hand man for many years (he got the job because of his time at UF). Would you agree that he's very capable of doing the job? I would. I would also go look at some B10 and P12 programs. Those schools play 20-30% MORE sports than UF does. Is that easier or harder on an AD? I'd say it's a harder job to manage 30 sports than it is to manage 18. Wouldn't you? So, to say he IS "the best" is arbitrary. That's why I often argue that he is "among" the best. And as others have pointed out, his failures and reaches in his football hires have tarnished his legacy. No matter how many Softball or Gymnastics titles UF wins while he's our AD he will also always be known as the guy who desperately brought us Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATX, I think Foley is "among" the best AD's out there. Honestly, I think we can both agree that UF is a school that a lot of ADs could have success at. I'm not saying it's "easy"...but it is definitely easier to win at UF than a Tennessee, Mississippi, or Vandy (type programs). Can we agree on that? I'll give you McGarity at UGA as an example. He was Foley's right hand man for many years (he got the job because of his time at UF). Would you agree that he's very capable of doing the job? I would. I would also go look at some B10 and P12 programs. Those schools play 20-30% MORE sports than UF does. Is that easier or harder on an AD? I'd say it's a harder job to manage 30 sports than it is to manage 18. Wouldn't you? So, to say he IS "the best" is arbitrary. That's why I often argue that he is "among" the best. And as others have pointed out, his failures and reaches in his football hires have tarnished his legacy. No matter how many Softball or Gymnastics titles UF wins while he's our AD he will also always be known as the guy who desperately brought us Ron Zook and Will Muschamp.

I respect your opinion on it. I could see how you could say he is "among the best" vs. actually being the best. It is all arbitrary. I also agree that UF is a school that a lot of ADs could have success at. I think one thing that is lost here is that Foley has done an amazing job keeping UF away from NCAA issues. The culture that he has created is one of compliance and responsibility. UF definitely has had issues with players getting into trouble, etc..., but I do feel that UF takes action and has shown they are willing to hold the student athlete accountable regardless over that athletes contribution on the field. As an alumni this is a big deal to me. The reputation of UF is partially influenced by the athletic program and when you have University of Florida on your resume you want it to represent you in a positive way.

FSU is a great example of the opposite of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator