Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I guess it's just semantics right now.

@NickdelaTorreGC: As @AndrewSpiveyGC reported. RT @MattStephens: Colorado State players held a team meeting last night at 7.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Gatoravatara;n123163 said:
What about Freeze (who i consider Tier 2)? Mississippi schools are not destination schools, but stepping stone programs. I am sure for the right amount of money he would have left.
Normally yes, but this guy was born like 20 minutes from Oxford so it's truly a different circumstance in this situation.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
ATXGator;n123199 said:
The president wasn't there last night and he is the only one who can negotiate the buy-out. They are probably working on that today. It's on the West Coast so they are behind us in time, so it wouldn't be until later in our day before things get started.
I'm pacific time and its 8:30 here so It's probably 10:30 or so in Colorado. They'll probably be heading to lunch soon

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n123234 said:
I wonder what they will agree on - probably a couple of million just to get the deal done fast. I highly doubt we do any home and home deal as has been suggested in articles.

I would like a home and home with them. It would be a perfect excuse to go see some family.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n123225 said:
I was never arguing with you so i have no clue what you're talking about. It was pure coincidence that Machen came from Utah. There's zero connection.

Sorry. Your comment was made in the middle of the whole JF did not have anything to do with the UM thing... That's pure ridiculous speculation. Did Machen say to Foley, hey that Urban is doing great things at Utah, check'em out? I'm sure he did. But does anyone really think UM wasn't on JF's radar already?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n123252 said:
If you know that the competition is offering 4, why would you offer 4.3-which ends up being an 180K difference after taxes. That is all I'm saying.

Because you don't think Freeze is worth it? :dunno:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you know that the competition is offering 4, why would you offer 4.3-which ends up being an 180K difference after taxes. That is all I'm saying. If I was Foley and I thought this was the guy who takes me to championships I would have started at 4.8. We are not exactly broke. It will be interesting what the offer will be for the CSU guy, if Foley decides to go that route.

ESPN is claiming Ole Miss ended up giving him 4.5 million but I am not sure if they are correct on that.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
there is an ESPN article thats says both Nebraska and Michigan are/were highly interested in Mcelwain. Foley got the jump on them

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you know that the competition is offering 4, why would you offer 4.3-which ends up being an 180K difference after taxes. That is all I'm saying. If I was Foley and I thought this was the guy who takes me to championships I would have started at 4.8. We are not exactly broke. It will be interesting what the offer will be for the CSU guy, if Foley decides to go that route.

We don't even know that happened. That was some stuff that started circling some internet media outlets. We have seen multiple times that the media flat out gets it wrong many times when it comes to these things. Not to mention, as I've said, Ole Miss, UF and ESPN have all debunked that rumor. That rumor went away as quickly as it came and no one is claiming it as gospel truth anymore except for you. I know, I know, you have an Ole Miss booster friend in Houston.

Ever consider how many of our well connected, well informed, big money boosters turn out to be wrong in these cases? Ever consider that maybe that was brilliant work by his agent Jimmy Sexton, on behalf of his client? Ever consider it could have been a smoke screen by JF?

The only thing we know for sure, is we don't know sh!t. It could be $5,000,000 worth of sh!t or $180K pile of ****. Doesn't matter. At the end of the day, it's just a big 'ol pile of sh!t. That's what we know until we're told otherwise.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n123267 said:
there is an ESPN article thats says both Nebraska and Michigan are/were highly interested in Mcelwain. Foley got the jump on them

Boom M'F'er!!!

Oh... I mean, McServed b!tches!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n123267 said:

Yes. I know UM was.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n123195 said:
Meyer had way more than 4 people with issues. He has over 20 arrests if I remember correctly in his last year or two. Muschamp had 0 last year so there is a huge difference. Reports were that with Meyer the players were running the team. Reports of Percy Harvin punching a coach... different rules for different guys, etc...

Meyer did some great things on the field, but if you think he left us with anything other than a broken program and a huge hole to dig out of due to talent and just general character of player then you didn't pay attention. So while I am greatful for the two championships... a truly great hire wouldn't have left the team in such a bad situation.

Obviously Meyer needed to discipline the team more for arrests and things like breaking team rules, but some of the criticism he gets is ridiculous.

The players were running the team? That's called leadership. Something you need on the field to win football game and something we've been devoid of for a couple of years now.

Players were treated better if they performed well? What a great way to motivate them. It also preps them for real life. It beats the hell out of screaming at them on the sideline for any mistake they make.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Gator Fever;n123258 said:
ESPN is claiming Ole Miss ended up giving him 4.5 million but I am not sure if they are correct on that.

Why aren't you sure on that? You have better knowledge than ESPN on what they offered him? Please cite your source. This would be good info.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n123318 said:
Why aren't you sure on that? You have better knowledge than ESPN on what they offered him? Please cite your source. This would be good info.

lol - The reports before were he got 4 million and a 500K total increase for his assistants and I have seen ESPN mix stuff like that up before but their ticker says he got 4.5 million per season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you ever catch Shane Matthews on the golf course with a few beers in him, you can probably get him to tell you that there were an estimated 30 felonies that were swept under the rug during UM's regime. I say "felonies" because I seriously doubt Shane knows what constitutes a felony. So basically 30± arrestable offenses went unreported. I think UM's actual arrest tally was over 30 for his time here. Those '07 to '09 teams were barely held together by Tebow and Spikes, from a locker room perspective. I understand that Stamper contributed a lot to leadership as well.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n123163 said:
What about Freeze (who i consider Tier 2)? Mississippi schools are not destination schools, but stepping stone programs. I am sure for the right amount of money he would have left.

Hate to admit this, but it's true. Florida is today marginally more of a destination school for a head coach wanting to make himself a name than Ole Miss. Look at all the attention Freeze has garnered in Oxford for a program that's languished for years but is nevertheless in the prestige division of the SEC. It can be done from virtually anywhere anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator