Foley is a boss

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell that to Ox, he’s eye-balling the hell out of the Akron AD.
Honestly, he couldnt be any worse.

If the guy just realized where the athletic depts bread is buttered, and fired all that leftover Fooley garbage innthe building, hed be a massive improvement.

The sad thing is the Auburn AD that we hired is probably the only person in the building that has a clue how to develop a football program.

You can keep enjoying the Lost Decades though, and celebrating second or third place in the division.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tell that to Ox, he’s eye-balling the hell out of the Akron AD.

But seriously, I pretty much agree on your point about football being THE sport. However, those basketball and baseball titles sure were pretty damn satisfying.
seriously I wish we were winning or a threat to win everything, but I can't celebrate spelling bee championships when football is a laughing stock.

and it's stupid not to realize that the football program is on life support and looking worse by the day.

current recruits don't even remember a time when we were anything but an easy win for the elite teams and when our offense didnt look like a disaster.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
but I can't celebrate spelling bee championships when football is a laughing stock..

I’ve been out of pocket so if I’m asking you to cover old ground, my apologies, but are you still down in the dumps on the program after the last two years? You still think football is a laughingstock or are you referring to when Muschamp and Mac were poking around on the sidelines?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been out of pocket so if I’m asking you to cover old ground, my apologies, but are you still down in the dumps on the program after the last two years? You still think football is a laughingstock or are you referring to when Muschamp and Mac were poking around on the sidelines?
Seriously?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have the same midlevel roster and the same medicore coaching staff weve had since 2011.

The flavors have just been changed a little. But the soup is still loser. Our offence went from F to C-. And our defence went from B- to C+. Our recruiting went from F to C- maybe D+.

Just another regime in the lost decades.

Mullinz owns 75 of the 85 spots on this roster and we are still 3 elite recruiting classes and a new coach from competing for championships.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the mother**** is the will muschamp hire forgivable? Foley and muschamp should have been banned from campus after Georgia southern. I'll never get over that. Ever

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why in the mother**** is the will muschamp hire forgivable? Foley and muschamp should have been banned from campus after Georgia southern. I'll never get over that. Ever

Muschamp was one of the hottest names in coaching at the time, the young, up-and-coming name, a defensive Scott Frost-type for a more recent comparison.

Turned into a total flop, but I don’t think it was a horrendous hire.

You guys are seriously vested and passionate in your dislike of Foley. Frankly, believe it or not, I’m not nearly as vested or passionate about defending him. I’m perfectly fine with those who hate him, and I’m perfectly comfortable in my position on him; he was a program-changing winner, he dropped the ball on facilities.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he was a program-changing.
He did. He inherited a national championship coach who dominated the SEC for a decade and made us into a team that gets beaten by Kintucky, Vandy, and Ga Southern.

Id say no AD in history has changed a team that much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was one of the hottest names in coaching at the time, the young, up-and-coming name, a defensive Scott Frost-type for a more recent comparison.

Turned into a total flop, but I don’t think it was a horrendous hire.

You guys are seriously vested and passionate in your dislike of Foley. Frankly, believe it or not, I’m not nearly as vested or passionate about defending him. I’m perfectly fine with those who hate him, and I’m perfectly comfortable in my position on him; he was a program-changing winner, he dropped the ball on facilities.
He was worse than Mac.He wasn't a hot name when we hired him. He was the defensive coordinator on a ****ty 5-7 team. He hadn't taken a 1 win program to 12- 0 in two years,in our own back yard. He wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Scott frost.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He did. He inherited a national championship coach who dominated the SEC for a decade and made us into a team that gets beaten by Kintucky, Vandy, and Ga Southern.

Id say no AD in history has changed a team that much.

Foley needs to head to Vegas, NOW, he’s the luckiest dude in American sports history. So far, y’all have him winning because he lucked into a changing ecosystem, winning because he lucked into Spurrier, winning because luckily Machen knew Meyer, what’s next, he won because Florida luckily is a warm-weather state?

This Foley/Stricklin hate is weird as hell.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was worse than Mac.He wasn't a hot name when we hired him. He was the defensive coordinator on a ****ty 5-7 team. He hadn't taken a 1 win program to 12- 0 in two years,in our own back yard. He wasn't even in the same stratosphere as Scott frost.

Cool.

I recall him being among the hottest young DC‘s in America.

That’s not how you recall it. Got it.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have the same midlevel roster and the same medicore coaching staff weve had since 2011.

The flavors have just been changed a little. But the soup is still loser. Our offence went from F to C-. And our defence went from B- to C+. Our recruiting went from F to C- maybe D+.

Just another regime in the lost decades.

Mullinz owns 75 of the 85 spots on this roster and we are still 3 elite recruiting classes and a new coach from competing for championships.

You’ve stayed consistent, consistently dismal, and that is NOT easy to maintain.

Is there anyone around who actually sees Florida in a view dissimilar to how Tennessee fans view Florida?

A few days back and here’s what I’ve gleaned; Foley is the antichrist, Stricklin isn’t much better, Mullen is mid level and the program is still identified by losing to Georgia Southern. Georgia fans are less hostile to the program than this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, no, no. Mullinz lost to South Alabama, not Ga Southern.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley needs to head to Vegas, NOW, he’s the luckiest dude in American sports history. So far, y’all have him winning because he lucked into a changing ecosystem, winning because he lucked into Spurrier, winning because luckily Machen knew Meyer, what’s next, he won because Florida luckily is a warm-weather state?

This Foley/Stricklin hate is weird as hell.

The real kicker is how you take one piece of data and use that without the other pieces of data. Foley in a vaccuum (which is your entire argument) looks great. Then you take a look at the check in the demographics of the state, the athletics and year round training in the state, the coaches he came into on a number of sports, and as well as the ecosystem of college athletics overall. The best case for your argument is Coach Mouse, who is the most successful coach in UF history without question. But he didn't find coach Mouse he was already working with UF athletes in the building, but he did make him head coach. Most of the success was with the changes that were already taking place before he came on board. Football is the flagship product at UF, there is no greater marketing tool for our athletic program than football, and the person who was the game changer there was already hired.
The person who changed the athletic department was hired in 1979 (Bill Carr), and changed how the Athletic Department raised money and was structured. It's strange how the uptake in athletics happens after the restructuring of the athletic department under Carr. The foundation was set and was already going when Foley stepped into the role (after being passed over in 1986). Foley lacked the visions of an AD like Carr, who saw the changes happening and the flaws in the current system (like only asking alumni for donations), and just stuck with the status quo. He does have Donovan and Meyer on his resume (regardless of the story you hear he was AD), But he also had Muschamp (especially his double extensions in one year) and Butters (including extension) on his resume as well (what extension of that size is negotiated in a week). There are over 300 AD's in NCAA environment, which saying there are a 100 other AD could take his job still puts him in the top third. But he isn't the messiah that you are making him out to be, because of the context of what he walked into. Now wipe off your chin, and move along.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
If by stratosphere you mean UCF is like Division 2 ball, you're correct.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real kicker is how you take one piece of data and use that without the other pieces of data. Foley in a vaccuum (which is your entire argument) looks great. Then you take a look at the check in the demographics of the state, the athletics and year round training in the state, the coaches he came into on a number of sports, and as well as the ecosystem of college athletics overall. The best case for your argument is Coach Mouse, who is the most successful coach in UF history without question. But he didn't find coach Mouse he was already working with UF athletes in the building, but he did make him head coach. Most of the success was with the changes that were already taking place before he came on board. Football is the flagship product at UF, there is no greater marketing tool for our athletic program than football, and the person who was the game changer there was already hired.
The person who changed the athletic department was hired in 1979 (Bill Carr), and changed how the Athletic Department raised money and was structured. It's strange how the uptake in athletics happens after the restructuring of the athletic department under Carr. The foundation was set and was already going when Foley stepped into the role (after being passed over in 1986). Foley lacked the visions of an AD like Carr, who saw the changes happening and the flaws in the current system (like only asking alumni for donations), and just stuck with the status quo. He does have Donovan and Meyer on his resume (regardless of the story you hear he was AD), But he also had Muschamp (especially his double extensions in one year) and Butters (including extension) on his resume as well (what extension of that size is negotiated in a week). There are over 300 AD's in NCAA environment, which saying there are a 100 other AD could take his job still puts him in the top third. But he isn't the messiah that you are making him out to be, because of the context of what he walked into. Now wipe off your chin, and move along.

Long live Foley!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Foley is a pompous pile of crap that ran our football program into the ground. SOS despised him and was part of the reason he left. I really don't care much about the other sports either. His only hires were zOoK, Chump and Butters. You can also credit our program becoming a dumpster fire to him by allowing Meyer to stick around and use us for a full year while letting Addazio make a fool out of our offense.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is a pompous pile of crap that ran our football program into the ground. SOS despised him and was part of the reason he left. I really don't care much about the other sports either. His only hires were zOoK, Chump and Butters. You can also credit our program becoming a dumpster fire to him by allowing Meyer to stick around and use us for a full year while letting Addazio make a fool out of our offense.

Jeremy Foley, the Adolph Hitler of AD’s.

Those 27 national titles STILL turn my stomach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jeremy Foley, the Adolph Hitler of AD’s.

Those 27 national titles STILL turn my stomach.

Dude, let it go. You had a bad take when you started this thread....and you just keep digging your own grave - deeper and deeper and deeper. You already hit 6 feet in the OP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator