For all of you who think you have all the College Football answers for winning the NC...

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU:

Has a head coach nobody else wanted.
He makes 1/2 $3.5 Mil.
He lives in a state that has 4.5 Mil people and is very poor.
Except for the athletic department...LSU's facilities are par to sub-par
"O" Became HC when Jibmo turned it down.
Has a Heisman QB that was...Riding the bench

TX A&M

Brand new Facilities
Paid Jimbo $100mil+ for 10 years
Lives in second most populated state, a wealthy state, with LOADS of HS Talent

Bama

Is Re-Doing their Football Facilities AGAIN.
Their coach makes more money than god (small g)
Coach thought of as a "god"

Let me check again...Who one the SEC? What is our record? What is Bama's and TX A&M's record? Who beat Auburn? Who lost to Auburn?

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
LSU reminds me a lot of 2013 FSU

It's not JUST Burrow (yes he is very good) but he has a fantastic supporting cast, O line, receivers, RB are all excellent. The addition of Joe Brady also helped tremendously

Sometimes all the pieces just fall into place

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I was against the college football playoff format from the beginning. I think the play-offs with 4 teams are not good for college football in the long run. It puts all the emphasis on the four teams who make the final four. It destroys all of the traditional bowl games because once you don't make the final four all other bowl games are rendered meaningless unless you are a bottom feeder who a chance to upset a Power 5 school.

The way the situation is now only about ten teams in the entire country even have a shot at making it to the final four. All of the best recruits want to go to one of these teams. Everybody else is just an also ran whose fan base wants to fire their coach every two or three years. The big donors start withholding money. Attendance starts to slip a little bit. If the play-off format could reconfigured where instead of four teams there were twelve teams then instead of say ten teams having a shot the situation would be expanded to where maybe thirty teams would now have a shot. This could create a little more competition and make things a little more interesting.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Whoa, I am one of the biggest pumpers, but you my friend are twisting pretzels to make your case. First, you are talking about 1 year results second, while we all want to be able to point to one thing that we can say is THE reason for/against success, it involves many factors. Yes, just throwing cash at program doesnt guarantee success (TAM) but none of the programs in the playoffs shortchange their programs (and you are high if you say LSU is sub par facilities). The unfortunate fact of the matter is that yes, we need to invest more in the program to the level of our perceived competition, but we need to do wisely and couple that with strong recruiting and positive product on the field. For two years we have had a strong product and despite the vibe of many posters we have had strong recruiting (Top 10 classes I consider strong). So now the money needs to go to the football program.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Exhibit A as to why I don't put all my eggs in the Stats/Record basket. Lots of ingredients go into making those final numbers, but 99.9% of the time the ingredients for one side's numbers are completely different than the ingredients for another side's numbers.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
LSU:

He makes 1/2 $3.5 Mil.

TX A&M

Brand new Facilities

Bama

Let me check again...Who one the SEC? What is our record? What is Bama's and TX A&M's record? Who beat Auburn? Who lost to Auburn?
You're back!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU:

He makes 1/2 $3.5 Mil.

TX A&M

Brand new Facilities

Bama

LSU caught lightening in a bottle this year and unlike nearly everyone else, I don’t see a new dynasty brewing.
2019 was the perfect storm with a very talented and very mature QB, a schedule that featured a favorable mix of home games, a fresh offensive scheme, and a head coach that has been handcuffed and no longer allowed to meddle in game plans.
When you couple all of this with the extreme talent LSU ALWAYS has and there you have it.

History suggests that the QB position will not stay at the current level, the coaching staff will change with less innovation, and the schedule always evolves.

One year does not a dynasty make. I will check back when LSU is a perennial member of the playoffs like Bama and Clemson.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
LSU caught lightening in a bottle this year and unlike nearly everyone else, I don’t see a new dynasty brewing.
2019 was the perfect storm with a very talented and very mature QB, a schedule that featured a favorable mix of home games, a fresh offensive scheme, and a head coach that has been handcuffed and no longer allowed to meddle in game plans.
When you couple all of this with the extreme talent LSU ALWAYS has and there you have it.

History suggests that the QB position will not stay at the current level, the coaching staff will change with less innovation, and the schedule always evolves.

One year does not a dynasty make. I will check back when LSU is a perennial member of the playoffs like Bama and Clemson.

Agree:
  • LSU now has a HC that will take a chance on young coaches and ideas
  • Usually...LSU's downfall is QB
  • That said...You rarely have a Heisman QB in your locker room...It won't be next year
  • UF has had 3...4 if you count the one that got away/was asked to go...CAM

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
2 out of those 3 coaches, and possibly all 3, will NOT be at their current schools 5 years from now.
LSU reminds me a lot of 2013 FSU

It's not JUST Burrow (yes he is very good) but he has a fantastic supporting cast, O line, receivers, RB are all excellent. The addition of Joe Brady also helped tremendously

Sometimes all the pieces just fall into place
Except LSU actually played someone other than the worst UF team in 4 decades, and that was still probably their toughest game outside the BCSCG.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
2 out of those 3 coaches, and possibly all 3, will NOT be at their current schools 5 years from now.

Except LSU actually played someone other than the worst UF team in 4 decades, and that was still probably their toughest game outside the BCSCG.

"O" is a Natural fit for Louisiana...he ain't going anywhere...Most people don't want him.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
BINGO...But it's more a case of they don't care.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
You play enough seasons, it’s a near statistical certainty that even Vandy will win a title.

However, there’s a reason why it’s always the same10 teams competing.

Expensive coaches and shiny toys the recruits can play with.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
"O" is a Natural fit for Louisiana...he ain't going anywhere...Most people don't want him.
When he starts losing 3-4 games a year, they'll run his ass out on a rail, no matter how natural of a fit he is.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How many small market teams win the World Series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator