For all of you who think you have all the College Football answers for winning the NC...

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree:
  • LSU now has a HC that will take a chance on young coaches and ideas
  • Usually...LSU's downfall is QB
  • That said...You rarely have a Heisman QB in your locker room...It won't be next year
  • UF has had 3...4 if you count the one that got away/was asked to go...CAM
5 if you count the theft from Rex Grossman for an Eric Crouch "lifetime achievement award" back when underclassmen were not allowed to win it.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
When he starts losing 3-4 games a year, they'll run his ass out on a rail, no matter how natural of a fit he is.

And who might those 4 teams be?

LSU is set for at least 4-6 years.

Florida is set for the same,

And except for a few Debbie Downers...(Many on this site)...MOST of us can see the progress and know Florida is almost there.

Bama with all their bells and whistles has the same record as US...That's UF for those of you who enjoy scratching their hemorrhoids with corn dogs.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

And except for a few Debbie Downers...(Many on this site)...MOST of us can see the progress and know Florida is almost there.

Bama with all their bells and whistles has the same record as US...That's UF for those of you who enjoy scratching their hemorrhoids with corn dogs.

I hate to be one of those downers, but I can only go with what I "actually" see. Please excuse me for not genuflecting in front of Stricknine and COusin Eddie and allowing them to ejaculate all over me b/c we actually had the same record as Bama in a given year. I personally will take Bama's past 10 years and 1 year of having the same record as UF then taking our past 10 years and then Exploding all over myself b/c we equaled Bama's record in 2019 Yay Team! Please pick up your participation ribbon as you exit the premises and thank you for playing.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I hate to be one of those downers, but I can only go with what I "actually" see. Please excuse me for not genuflecting in front of Stricknine and COusin Eddie and allowing them to ejaculate all over me b/c we actually had the same record as Bama in a given year. I personally will take Bama's past 10 years and 1 year of having the same record as UF then taking our past 10 years and then Exploding all over myself b/c we equaled Bama's record in 2019 Yay Team! Please pick up your participation ribbon as you exit the premises and thank you for playing.

So if not Mullen...Who?

Remember...FL...The state...does not dish out money like TX or Bama. Hint...It's why Jimbo went to TX A&M

OH and are you willing to lower those "Top 10" Public University Standards to have Bama's record?

You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

If you’ll do a little reading, you’ll find that I’m pleased with the progress on the field, short of getting embarrassed by UGay two years in a row under Mullen. What myself, and many others on this board are disconcerted with, are the results off the field(recruiting), and Mullen’s insistence on keeping his buddies(Gonzales, Knox, English, et al) around while their position recruiting is sub par, and that’s putting it fn nicely. It’s gonna be up to Dan if he keeps this job.

For the fiftieth time, I think he’s a good enough X’s and O’s coach to win a championship at Florida, the remaining question is whether he’s willing to trim the fat and upgrade the staff or is he more concerned with hurting feelings of those that aren’t producing.

As for the coaches that won’t be around in 4-5 years, Orgeron likely won’t. He captured lightning in a bottle with Burrow and Brady, and likely won’t duplicate that, so when he’s losing 3-5 games consistently, they’ll run his ass off, National title or not(they did it to Grasseater). TAMU isn’t going to pay Jimbo this obscene amount of money for 5 losses a year, his honeymoon is nearly over. Saban isn’t a spring chicken anymore, but he’s the most likely to be there 5 years from now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I'm generally positive right now but having the same record as Bama doesn't mean dick. I'm not sure what you're point is using them in this conversation. Saban just had one of the best runs in college football history. He's a top 3 coach of all-time. They aren't in the CFB playoff for the first time...the first time.

We have a long ways to go before we are competing like that year in and year out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
  • Usually...LSU's downfall is QB
:doh:

No... their downfall was PLAYCALLING.

Here's Burro's stats running Ensenminger ball in 2018: 2,894 yards 7.6 avg 16/5 td/int

His stats under Meyerball were atrocious. Like 300 yards 2/0 (and 100 yards rushing) in two years. He was 3rd string.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look I don’t work for Florida. I don’t get paid millions to suck at my job. If we wiff on everyone that’s a massive indictment on this staff for slow playing 90% of board up to one week before ESD and hoping to come back around.

:rotfl:

Thanks man, needed this. Studying for my last final tomorrow and I literally laughed out loud. Hopefully my exam and ESD go well. 10 year anny on Thursday. Could be a great all around week. Or I could get my walking papers, fail my exam, and UF whiffs on everyone (ordered from least to most likely). Should be fun to find out!

I'll pray for you to ace your exams and grow upward from there.

i wish i could get this drunk during the middle of the day...

Uhh, "lastdrop13", it is the midday.??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NOLA is a gator. One of the strongest types. He got moved away from the state of Florida. He's surrounded by elbow-to-elbow LSU avid fans and relatives by marriage family that are LSU fans. Being a positive "life-enjoyer" NOLA just naturally embraces that family & N'Oleans along with keeping his Gator family hugged well. NOLA bravely defends both his families. It's just natural that his LSU family and city requires more defending on a Gator board.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
NOLA is a gator. One of the strongest types. He got moved away from the state of Florida. He's surrounded by elbow-to-elbow LSU avid fans and relatives by marriage family that are LSU fans. Being a positive "life-enjoyer" NOLA just naturally embraces that family & N'Oleans along with keeping his Gator family hugged well. NOLA bravely defends both his families. It's just natural that his LSU family and city requires more defending on a Gator board.

My Son-in-law is an LSU Prof.

Thanks Rog...you get it.

The only LSU ANYTHING in my house is my MS Diploma.

That said...Family, Friends, Church, I've got an awesome life in one of the most "unique" places in America. Is it Florida?...not at all BUT the food is better...all you have to do is look at me

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Short life story, NOLA. In dental school one of my best friends- drinking buddies was Billy Cannon. UT Memphis was the only school whose quarter system could fit in Pro athletes.

Anyway, Cannon told this story about his taking a 275 lb. Raider DT to visit Baton Rouge. Billy took his friend to the local haunt = the hugely popular skating rink. Cannon warned his lineman about how rough & tough BR guys that hang out were. (in 1966)

When they got there the guy scanned the people and saw no one his size, and poo-pooed Billy's tale. The first time around the rink, passing kids sitting on the rail, a guy viciously cracked the DL on the head with his beer bottle; stunned him for about 5 minutes. Cannon said he saw the striker-guy and was wary; he said it was a Barney-Fife skinny guy, in a dingy t-shirt with his cigarette pack rolled in his shoulder-sleeve, smoking uninterruptedly. Probly had cajun blood.?

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'm not surprised, I can't remember when the Gators played a truly bad LSU team. That's more or less sixty years. Frankly the question should be "Why does LSU only have one national championship?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator