For those at the game, how was the atmosphere?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't really heard a damn thing from those people who were at the game. They must be hung over. So how was it? The Swamp looked pretty darn full to me, which was a nice change from last year.

Discuss.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n272787 said:
Haven't really heard a damn thing from those people who were at the game. They must be hung over. So how was it? The Swamp looked pretty darn full to me, which was a nice change from last year.

Discuss.
It was pretty full. The biggest thing was the students showed up. Student section looked completely full. Atmosphere was the best I have personally seen in a while. The Swamp had a good energy for the first time in a while. The lower tier games the last couple years felt like a funeral at times. Fans were actually having fun yesterday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was a sellout. From someone who was there, very loud in the first half before ADD kicked in.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I've been attending games for over 40 years but i'm not sure I was at the same game last night as the other posters. It was one of the quietest games I've ever attended. It seemed people were so focused on watching the offense, they forgot to make noise on defense, I did a few times myself. It was 95% full but half empty by the start of the 4th quarter I've never seen that many people leave that early. I'm sure it will be better next week.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n272831 said:
I've been attending games for over 40 years but i'm not sure I was at the same game last night as the other posters. It was one of the quietest games I've ever attended. It seemed people were so focused on watching the offense, they forgot to make noise on defense, I did a few times myself. It was 95% full but half empty by the start of the 4th quarter I've never seen that many people leave that early. I'm sure it will be better next week.

Those nerds had to go study to keep their 4.8 gpa

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Between the use of smartphones and the massive distraction the pre-game circus on Univ. Ave. now provides, the game itself has evolved into a side show.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
gatorfan81;n272860 said:
I know me and my son we were screaming in our sections

Extremely happy for you both. Fondly recall those days... taking my four kids and a few years back, taking one of my grand kids.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
It was great, swamp was pretty full (makes you wonder why we didn't have more night games in the past) - I only saw some empty seats in the north endzone. I know from our section when Grier came in and started throwing everyone got pumped up. Except for the snap fumble they moved downfield pretty rapidly on all his series and the swamp was into it. What a change from last year's games.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was in the North end zone, and as said before the only empty seats I saw in the first half were a few in the upper deck north. Announced attendance was over 90k.

The students were great - loud and boisterous. It wasn't the loudest I've heard, but there were moments. It wasn't rocking at all times when we were on defense, but it was loud at big times.

My biggest issue was the mass exodus midway through the 3rd. The game was well in hand, and it had been a long day for many...but you've got to stay through "We are the boys..." FFS!

Weather was beautiful, game was fun...IGTBAFG.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BTW - who was the guy in Section 55, around row 70, low seat # that was wearing the gatorchatter t-shirt?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n273128 said:
BTW - who was the guy in Section 55, around row 70, low seat # that was wearing the gatorchatter t-shirt?
Oh that's cool!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My son and daughter just arrived back home. Since we have season tickets they went on a little trip. Said is was basically full and electric crowd. They had a great time and said all in our section N Endzone lower were having a great time.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
BNAG8R;n273128 said:

Didn't see that, but I was somewhat hyperpolarized. Time?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best opening day atmosphere in quite a long time. Amazingly, the student section appeared nearly full at the kickoff. The energy was sustained throughout because the offense was giving us an awful lot to buzz about. Very encouraging in many ways.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n273154 said:
Didn't see that, but I was somewhat hyperpolarized. Time?

Most of the game. I was in the same section and saw him walking by a couple times, but too far away to say anything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n273171 said:
Most of the game. I was in the same section and saw him walking by a couple times, but too far away to say anything.
Was this one of the original style shirts, with the huge logo on the back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.