Former Saints DE Will Smith shot to death in road rage incident

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
It's really simple. These are the people that will get a gun no matter what laws are in place. They are the dangerous and irresponsible type that people freak out about and try to categorize with law abiding, responsible gun owners. Disarm the responsible ones, and these pricks will still get theirs and continue to use them this way. Lunatics will always get their hands on a means to do harm. A few *******s used box cutters to hijack planes. I guess we should have banned anything with a sharp blade centuries ago.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sad news and what a shame.

These POS' no matter how bad they want a gun, they'll get one.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Had a guy pull a gun years ago on me after a road argument. Don't even bother arguing over that mess anymore. If someone wants to honk their horn etc. I just ignore it. Crazy how quick some people will shoot someone now.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The story isn't whether the shooter should have or shouldn't have had a gun. The story is that the victim didn't have a gun. Of course, like Sas, he's a big guy who doesn't need one to defend himself.
While I agree to an extent, the position Will was found in makes it pretty clear the perp didn't reveal it and threaten him first. Probably just walked up and shot him. If Will had one under these situations, it wouldn't have mattered. Unfortunately people who should have them don't think the same way as the people that shouldn't.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It's really simple. These are the people that will get a gun no matter what laws are in place.

Head of nail, meet hammer. That said...

I assumed NV was being sarcastic. Is he an anti-gun guy?

I understand the desire to get rid of violence, but gun laws are only obeyed by law-abiding citizens. And it still wouldn't eliminate violence from society.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's really simple. These are the people that will get a gun no matter what laws are in place. They are the dangerous and irresponsible type that people freak out about and try to categorize with law abiding, responsible gun owners. Disarm the responsible ones, and these pricks will still get theirs and continue to use them this way. Lunatics will always get their hands on a means to do harm. A few *******s used box cutters to hijack planes. I guess we should have banned anything with a sharp blade centuries ago.

Stop using logic, bro.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't gun-crimes go up when a "district" becomes a no-gun zone ?
Just imagine your whole area has no guns. Criminals know this ('cause politicians brag to
the press about how progressive his people have become). Standing outside a "target-house"
with their gun, knowing you don't have one ... you can fill in the blanks but they won't be
using blanks.

Disclaimer> I've never owned a gun. Home from UF my freshman year, in Jax, we had a flat tire
on I-95. I spotted those two climbing the fence on the other side of the expressway.
I knew trouble was a high probability; so I told them to get lost; for that I got hit probably with the
butt & down the embankment. Groggy but enraged I crawled back up to do battle. But my forehead
bumped into the barrel of his gun. Whether I lived past 19 was in control of that creep. Had I a gun
just a shot in the air would have kept them over on their side of I-95. Criminals (law violators) should
never be given advantages.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nice try. Convicted felon who couldn't legally own a gun.
WHAT????

You mean a federal ban on felons having guns DIDN'T ACTUALLY WORK? The criminal just ignored the law?

And the ban on drug users or addicts from having a gun DIDN'T WORK EITHER?

HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shooter looks like an upstanding citizen to me.

20108874-mmmain.jpeg

Hayes has one previous arrest, on Aug. 1, 2010, court records show. Hayes was charged with illegal carrying of a weapon, illegal possession of codeine and possession of drug paraphernalia, among other charges. He pleaded guilty in June 2012 to a weapons charge and the possession of codeine, and received a 5-year prison sentence that was immediately suspended. But Hayes withdrew his guilty plea the following month, records show.

In June 2013, Hayes rejected a plea offer from prosecutors. Finally, in January 2014 he pleaded guilty to a reduced weapons charge and to a count of possession of drug paraphernalia. He received a suspended six-month sentence, records show.
It sure is a relief we didn't waste tax dollars locking this non violent offender up for the 5 years. Imagine how much money we saved.................

While he was off murdering somebody...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a strange twist to the story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...murder-suggest-scenario-other-than-road-rage/

Dubbed an incident of road rage at first, theNew Orleans Advocate points out that Hayes sued the City of New Orleans in 2005 after police officers killed his father. Shortly before the automobile accident that resulted in Hayes shooting Smith and his wife, Smith and former Saints teammate Pierre Thomashad eaten dinner with Billy Ceravolo, one of the officers who shot Anthony Hayes and who was personally sued by Cardell Hayes.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...murder-suggest-scenario-other-than-road-rage/

Dubbed an incident of road rage at first, theNew Orleans Advocate points out that Hayes sued the City of New Orleans in 2005 after police officers killed his father. Shortly before the automobile accident that resulted in Hayes shooting Smith and his wife, Smith and former Saints teammate Pierre Thomashad eaten dinner with Billy Ceravolo, one of the officers who shot Anthony Hayes and who was personally sued by Cardell Hayes.

The plot thickens?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
This tread is the best of both worlds....a PF thread that is in the Sports thread. WINNING!!!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Very, very interesting!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just watched a video that showed Smith rear ending Hayes, not hard, just a bump. Hayes pulls over to the side, then Smith takes off and drives away, at which point Hayes drives after him

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator