Franks or Trask may start the bowl game

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This reminds me of when Richt put that no name qb in against us and we mopped the floor with him. Are we that desperate, are we leghumpper desperate?

You never know.

Redshirt freshman Mauck saw his first significant action during the 2001 SECCG, when he came off the bench to replace injured starting quarterback Rohan Davey. Mauck would run for two touchdowns, leading the underdog Tigers to a come-from-behind 31-20 victory over the heavily favored #2 Tennessee Volunteers.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet he would bring LDR in instead. LDR went through warm ups for the FSU game. I dont think that depth chart he released means anything if Appleby goes down
Appleby and Franks were trading reps yesterday, no LDR.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, we actually have a decent chance at seeing one of the Freshmen today. But, it won't happen because Mac suddenly decides to pull the trigger and burn one of their redshirts. That being said, I can easily see more than a few scenarios where Appleby gets knocked out of this game and Franks or Trask is forced into action. Not wishing that on the kid, but have you seen Bama's defense this year? It's not exactly far fetched.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby and Franks were trading reps yesterday, no LDR.

I still think LDR would come in if he is active. I think he has been healthy for a while now. Mac is probably trying to keep him from a game like this so he can insert him as the starter next season without having to hear about it. Not sure if that thinking would override a redshirt decision however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, we actually have a decent chance at seeing one of the Freshmen today. But, it won't happen because Mac suddenly decides to pull the trigger and burn one of their redshirts. That being said, I can easily see more than a few scenarios where Appleby gets knocked out of this game and Franks or Trask is forced into action. Not wishing that on the kid, but have you seen Bama's defense this year? It's not exactly far fetched.

I could definitely see Appleby getting knocked out of this game.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still think LDR would come in if he is active. I think he has been healthy for a while now. Mac is probably trying to keep him from a game like this so he can insert him as the starter next season without having to hear about it. Not sure if that thinking would override a redshirt decision however.
You guys are something else. smdh

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
4225842fed6a2961.gif

4225842ff259350a.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
They should have done it after the Arkansas game. I wouldn't burn the redshirt just for the bowl game. Franks might get killed anyway if he is still struggling upstairs some.

Good point about getting killed. What if he gets injured and has to miss spring practice, all for a bowl game? That would really set us back next season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They should have done it after the Arkansas game. I wouldn't burn the redshirt just for the bowl game. Franks might get killed anyway if he is still struggling upstairs some.

I would agree. But when you consider the opponent and HC we were facing that next week, I can understand not wanting to risk things by throwing a rookie out there. Follow that up with a road game in Death Valley, or night game at Doak, and there's really not been a reasonable time to do it.

In some respects, the vols' loss to Usce complicated our season as much as theirs because it put us back in control of things. Since that night, every games has had either Division or Sugar Bowl implications.

I wouldn't have minded seeing one of the freshmen in the second half of the Ark game though, once it was clear that LDR was toast.

This is also why you blow out Umass in week 1 so you can get the young guys some snaps and see what you have without killing their RS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
see what you have without killing their RS.
JFC. If they play, they cannot redshirt. The number of games played only applies for medical exceptions.

Too many Concreteheads around here.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I have wanted to see Franks or Trask all season. One of those guys will be our best chance next year and they need experience. And given our overall poor QB play this season I think Mac's reluctance to spot play one or the other in game is inexcusable. But why do it now? If I really thought it would make a difference vs. Bama, I would be for it. but to me, it smacks of desperation. If they play well, everybody will really go berserk and ask why they waited so long to get a chance. If they play like LDR or worse, everyone will sink into even deeper depression regarding next season with even less to look forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator