Franks or Trask may start the bowl game

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Huh?
I'm saying go ahead and burn the shirt of the player that doesn't matter :crazy: Throw Trask to the fire, who cares.
If Franks wasn't ready to go for the back 1/4 of the season, and he aint ready to go now, then he ain't ready for a meaningless bowl game, you simply don't blow a whole year of eligibility for a game that doesn't matter.

Trask sucks. WHy put in someone that gives you zero chance to win the game? You're totally wrong on this one. I've never heard of skipping over someone like that. Why would anyone put in the worse of the two freshman? We don't know how much worse Trask is...I mean he was the back up in highschool and is 4th string now. I'm sure he's great(he'll never start a game at FL unless it is because of injury. Write that down).

Spring games don't mean dick.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask sucks. WHy put in someone that gives you zero chance to win the game? You're totally wrong on this one. I've never heard of skipping over someone like that. Why would anyone put in the worse of the two freshman? We don't know how much worse Trask is...I mean he was the back up in highschool and is 4th string now. I'm sure he's great(he'll never start a game at FL unless it is because of injury. Write that down).

Dude, as usual you argue the wrong argument.
I'm saying IF you are waiting for the bowl game, a meaningless game since we aren't playing for anything, then there is no reason to burn Franks shirt.
If you think he is ready for a bowl game THEN HE IS READY TODAY!
Waiting for the last game of the season, a meaningless game to burn a shirt is fckin stupid, if you're gonna burn it, burn it TODAY.
I said burn Trasks shirt not because he's better genius but because no one gives a **** if he loses his shirt :crazy:

My god man slow down and read what I'm actually saying, not whatever you want to rant about.
I still love you prehistoric poster ;)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On more thing, there is probably a good chance we are forced to play Franks today once Appleby gets murdered on the field :lol:

I bet he would bring LDR in instead. LDR went through warm ups for the FSU game. I dont think that depth chart he released means anything if Appleby goes down

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Trask may never play one down here who knows. I do know our players speak highly of him and several have said he throws beautiful balls and is a team player. Sounds like a great kid to me.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's so F'ing ridiculous. The only time we've seen Franks is in the AA game (where he sucked balls) and the Spring game and his 80% interception completion. What in God's green earth makes you think he's any different now? Because our coaches who developed LDR and Treon have done such a wonderful f'ing job with him? I get that you hope Franks is going to somehow roll out there and be Tebow, but it ain't happening. I think the fact that Franks was the backup is because Trask was better than him and they didn't want to waste his redshirt. Based on the Spring Franks set a pretty low bar, so that's not an endorsement of Trask, just a repudiation of Franks.

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
I'm reading some of this stuff in disbelief. Law, have you finally gone mental? I expect total nonsense from Sas, but you? We are looking at a long, long, loooong offseason of misery. Discussing how Mac is on the hot seat. Arguments about how few games we're going to win. Debates on whether or not this is going to be the worst recruiting class in the modern history of the school.

And here we have a chance, a small chance, to actually give the Gator Nation some hope. To play a young QB in a game with weeks of preparation. Someone who could give us all a small glimpse into a brighter future, something we haven't seen in years. A great idea. Better late than never, coach.

But no. Half of our fan are clamoring to throw the useless Austin Appleby out there again, probably sending us to yet another bowl game defeat. That will certainly show the recruits we mean business! That will certainly make people want to renew their season tickets! And for what?

A meaningless extra year of eligibility.

I'll repeat myself. A redshirt year counts against a year of eligibility for the NFL draft. If Franks is any good at all, he's leaving after the 2018 season no matter what.

Play the freshman, coach. Don't even think twice. He's taken more than enough snaps to be ready, and will have several more weeks before the ball game. Give the incoming recruits some hope. Give US some hope. Give us something to look forward to in 2017.
And if we suck? What does that say for our program.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny that pretty much every year since '13, we've called for the backup QB, and every year the backup has come in and sucked balls. Must be why they're the backups, right?

BassinGator

Nov 17, 2015
This reminds me of when Richt put that no name qb in against us and we mopped the floor with him. Are we that desperate, are we leghumpper desperate?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny that pretty much every year since '13, we've called for the backup QB, and every year the backup has come in and sucked balls. Must be why they're the backups, right?
I think 2010 is the year you mean.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap is this MAC championship live? They started at 08:00 or something? I thought this was a replay. PJ Flack ball looks and feels a lot like Jim Tressel ball. No thanks. He seens kike the next Purdue or ND type guy.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Murphy did alright until his shoulder got busted up and he shouldn't have even been out there then probably.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Holy crap is this MAC championship live? They started at 08:00 or something? I thought this was a replay. PJ Flack ball looks and feels a lot like Jim Tressel ball. No thanks. He seens kike the next Purdue or ND type guy.
That game was last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator