Franks/Trask situation all over again; AR lights up USF

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, a little over a decade ago we had a homosexual serial killer roaming the sidelines that ended up killing himself in prison that helped UF win 2 national championships. Now we're too uppity to take a white kid with tattoo's and corn rows because he may have a drug problem? Of course he's a doosh bag look at the mother fucher, but he's light years better than Emory. So yeah I agree with Ancient and I think whomever made the decision not to take Corral made the wrong one.

Corral.would.have.transferred.long.ago.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@colecubelic: Florida QB Anthony Richardson is the 1st FBS player in the last 25 seasons to: > Rush for 100 yards > Pass for 150 yards > Complete every pass he threw

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

The UF player looks wide open to me. Plenty of room to fit that ball in. I really don't see the issue:thug::thug2:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Atleast everyone that wanted to see Driskel play in mullen's offense is getting their wish
Driskel was much more dynamic than EJ. Much better runner, bigger, stronger, poor decision making for sure, but not as bad a EJ. Driskel would have dominated FAU and USF. Just check his stats at Louisiana Tech.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It's a good question, I can't really think of any. But with that said, when evaluating a true dual threat QB (meaning he runs on designed plays, he doesn't just scramble when no one's open), it's not necessarily fair to label low passing numbers as a "lack of production" if he was winning games with his feet.
Look up Brett Farve. He played for his Dad who ran a stodgy offense.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
EJ will play fine, but unspectacular, against USF. Mullen will give him more possessions to shine (don't expect AR until 5th possession unless it is for only 1-2 plays, not full drives). Then, when we are getting blown out by Alabama, AR will come in too late, be a spark, and get more playing time only following that game.

AR then saves the day after a slow start versus tennessee, and starts against Kentucky for the first time.

Thank me later for helping you avoid the stress of not knowing how this will play out.

I like the scenario because it ends well - after the customary dithering by DM and the catastrophic beat down by Bama that will result from DM's refusal to admit another incredibly stupid decision. Oh and by the way, Steve Russell is a total ass clown. I made the mistake of trying to listen to WRUF after the game wrap-up, and all he could do was attack anyone who called in to express any concern alt all bout DM's decision to stick with EJ, despite AR's brilliant play.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Someone in the chat room said this was the greatest start to a career in history. I don't know if that's true, but boy - what more could AR have possibly done in his limited time? He's astounding.
He does things that human beings just aren't normally able to do. It's probably too early to say anything definitive, due to the maddeningly small body of work we have at this point (thanks Dan!). But if his play thus far is any indication, AR is arguably, IMO, the most physically gifted BIG QB I've ever seen.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Can we all take a moment to realize how incredibly lucky Mulinzes has been in his career? The guy recruits like an @$$ with fart like mouth breath, and yet he continues to have these extremely special QBs fall in his lap. Not only that, he continues to try to NOT play or even GET said special QBs deliberately. Trask was a two star no name recruited by Nuss, and Mullen insisted on playing Franks ahead of him, only to have Franks break an ankle to be forced to use him and save his ass when he was two TDs behind UK. Trask could have transferred a long time ago, but Mullen is a lucky bastard.

Then we have AR, who was grown in a special super secret lab at UF in Gainesville backyard, a specimen so perfect for Mullen, there is no other explanation for it. Somehow AR managed to remain a low 3 star most of his recruiting cycle, maybe except towards the end of the cycle, and remain low key enough to keep him. Yet Mullen tries his BEST to get that loser Carson Beck, has AR decommit, loses out on Carson Beck to the Leghumpers in an embarrassing fashion, and yet AR still committed to Mullen in the end.

I don't know much about the story of Dak Prescott's recruitment, and we all know that Meyer recruited Tebow. But Mullen is a very lucky fvvker.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Is this one of those moments where Richardson isn’t doing the right thing, but Jones is?

Seriously, that’s an easy throw. You basically throw it out of bounds or where maybe your guy can catch it. There should be zero reason a defender ever gets his hands on that pass. The WR effectively has a step on all the defenders and no one could be there covering over the top. Either a TD or next play.

Now that I think about it, have we ruled out Mullen just having the roster numbers mixed up? No wonder he’s so amazed we’d be suggesting the other guy start.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I like the scenario because it ends well - after the customary dithering by DM and the catastrophic beat down by Bama that will result from DM's refusal to admit another incredibly stupid decision. Oh and by the way, Steve Russell is a total ass clown. I made the mistake of trying to listen to WRUF after the game wrap-up, and all he could do was attack anyone who called in to express any concern alt all bout DM's decision to stick with EJ, despite AR's brilliant play.

Steve Russell hates his callers. That's what makes it entertaining. Last night he kept it together until @gatorkev85 called in and got him spun up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator