FSU’s top recruiter exposes she's HIV positive

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I looked away from the mouth, I had a very hard time refinding the tooth I was working on.....Savants have large neurogenetic "wastelands" in their brains yet they are genius in some specific function.???

I'm very sorry for your struggles, Rog, and I'm impressed by the scientific approach you've taken to solving them. I will say that your passage above made me chuckle for a second as I thought of the greatest savant of all-time, and his role in this wonderful vignette:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Put a mustache on her and...

600full-groucho-marx.jpg
You are never allowed to be a wingman.....ever

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing she apologized and made nice with the Muslim community.

B2YNVeX.png

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I don't get pot because I have not enough working "executive function" in my brain to plan and carry out plans that take sustained effort. Hell, I'm pissed that over-reactive bureaucrats essentially long ago stopped even scientists from getting LSD & Ecstacy to research controlled doses or re-arranged LSD, EX formulas to treat depression. Opioids too, have a mood elevating effect, but FedGov is sure the youth will abuse any such helpful creations; so they block research. Several years back, a computer data center was established where worldwide medical studies were compiled. One result that turned up was that antidepressant drugs helped less than 38% of depressed patients.? That's lousy for such costly, targeted drugs.

There are efforts under way by which drug users (legal and illegal) are solicited for input into the effects of their (ab)use of the drugs to determine the effects. These 'public surveys' are obviously subject to bias from the users that want to promote their use as 'safe', but it steps aside from biased research as the starting point. In fact, these surveys are often sponsored by Big Pharma companies seeking feedback on how to make their drugs less addictive or damaging, seeking out information they couldn't get if they openly sponsored a research team.

For there to be a true medical marijuana, its components (many various THCs, some + some -) have to be subjected to controlled scientific studies. While that's going on, I'm okay with the wilful populace using and getting legalized all they want. You're right that politicians are cowardly roadblocks to research certain drugs. Still, the isolation of the different THCs even in one plant may wipe out PTSD ruinations. In fact, researchers have isolated the particular THC that causes the "munchies". Its removal does not reduce pot's pleasurable effects. So when it hits the market weight conscious folk will buy it exclusively. I believe the "pot industry" paid for that isolation extraction research. They will patent the process and get a big return on their investment.

I'm with you on 'wilful populace' using what they want (I'm less bound by it being 'legal'). However, your closing statements have me laughing at the image of legalized pot having a 'diet pot' version. Certainly possible, but an amusing avenue I hadn't considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator