FSU announces $65 million stand-alone football facility

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
They did not think long growth term originally. People normally think short term and just fix up the current location chosen over 5 decades ago. This time they are thinking long term growth.

Yeah, definitely thinking long term. It will be a Lonnnnnggggg time ‘til the damn thing is built (but perfect time financially, right?)

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
:crazy::crazy:

Again, this is horsesh!t.
A decision couldn’t have been made LONG AGO to relocate b-ball??

So happy we have new admin with these bold new ideas
Most people want immediate gratification. Took guts for the UAA to choose the more expensive plan that takes longer to do. Most people freak out when it takes longer. Probably why we always stuck with the location chosen over 50 years ago. This UAA board is long term thinkers. FSU's new plan still has FSU baseball shoed in next to football. FSU took the short term decision.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Most people want immediate gratification. Took guts for the UAA to choose the more expensive plan that takes longer to do. Most people freak out when it takes longer. Probably why we always stuck with the location chosen over 50 years ago. This UAA board is long term thinkers. FSU's new plan still has FSU baseball shoed in next to football. FSU took the short term decision.

Fck FSU. I’m talking ‘bout us.
This Board same ol’ same ol’

If the UAA really wants to make a difference, then get off your asses and get this done...quit talking about how hard it is & how long it takes because most people just don’t understand.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Yeah, definitely thinking long term. It will be a Lonnnnnggggg time ‘til the damn thing is built (but perfect time financially, right?)
FSU and UF made bad decisions long ago putting baseball next to football.
You would likely choose the FSU current short term decision of keeping the 2 sports together and fix up the existing baseball stadium.

The UAA's current relocation plan is better long term than FSU's plan to stay in place.

Doing it this way UF baseball and football both have more room to grow than our primary competition in recruiting (FSU).

Last edited:

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
FSU and UF made bad decisions long ago putting baseball next to football.
You would likely choose the FSU current short term decision of keeping them together. The UAA's current relocation plan is better long term than FSU's.

You could be going for a record of being wrong in one day.

No, I wouldn’t have made that stupid decision. I would have shown some real Leadership by devising a solution that including relocation of the baseball facilities a very long time ago.
Fast forward to now...since the prior “Board” has their collective heads buried in parts unknown, there is absolutely no good reason why this cannot be accelerated by the “new Board.”
Unless, of course they have someone like you on the Board spouting bs about saving a couple of interest points by delaying this a few years

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
The misconception is that is will cost more to accelerate the project. And cost more by getting it completed faster.
The reality is that, if managed well, this is completely opposite of that myth.
I would further argue that more fund raising success would be proven when/if the “Board” delivers.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You respect them? I don’t f’ng trust them. I’ll believe it when I see it because I fully expect them to drag their feet even more.
Long term thinking. That’s all they ****ing do is think.
If they truly thought long term the damn thing would have been built years ago when everyone else was thinking about it.
Instant gratification? Are you serious? We’ve been bitching for this as long as I can remember.
F’ them. They’ve been poor stewards of OUR money. Give us what we and everybody else knows has been needed and do it NOW! Tired of their BS.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

No, I wouldn’t have made that stupid decision. I would have shown some real Leadership by devising a solution that including relocation of the baseball facilities a very long time ago.
Fast forward to now...since the prior “Board” has their collective heads buried in parts unknown, there is absolutely no good reason why this cannot be accelerated by the “new Board.”
Unless, of course they have someone like you on the Board spouting bs about saving a couple of interest points by delaying this a few years

My bad on that guess.
With you complaining about how long it would take you made it sound like you would go with FSU's current stay together now and renovate now strategy which takes less time if they get the donations.

I agree UF should have done it earlier. At least we are doing it now. I hate waiting to but I admire the current UAA board for taking the heat of the longer term strategy.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The misconception is that is will cost more to accelerate the project. And cost more by getting it completed faster.
The reality is that, if managed well, this is completely opposite of that myth.
I would further argue that more fund raising success would be proven when/if the “Board” delivers.
They are building the new baseball stadium on a fast schedule then they can put the football center on a fast schedule. Removing the baseball stadium gives an adjacent place to put all the construction equipment lowering cost.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My bad on that guess.
With you complaining about how long it would take you made it sound like you would go with FSU's current stay together now and renovate now strategy which takes less time if they get the donations.

I agree UF should have done it earlier. At least we are doing it now. I hate waiting to but I admire the current UAA board for taking the heat of the longer term strategy.
Other than Stricklin, I'm not sure the new board is any different than the old board, whose "long-term strategy" was actually no strategy at all. Just drift and let things happen. Now no one's happy. Nice planning, UAA Board.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They are building the new baseball stadium on a fast schedule then they can put the football center on a fast schedule. Removing the baseball stadium gives an adjacent place to put all the construction equipment lowering cost.

:rolleyes:

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
My bad on that guess.

You’ve argued incessantly that it was never the right time financially until now.

Only now you agree it should have been done earlier??

Well, I guess that’s progress...

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You’ve argued incessantly that it was never the right time financially until now.

Only now you agree it should have been done earlier??

Well, I guess that’s progress...
I think we should have moved the baseball stadium 50 years ago. You look into the sun at our current baseball stadium. They used a hill as the left field fence. UF did not have a lot of money then.

I have said it is cheaper to build in a recession before. Labor less tight and less demand for materials lowers their cost. That is true.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
You respect them? I don’t f’ng trust them. I’ll believe it when I see it because I fully expect them to drag their feet even more.
Long term thinking. That’s all they ****ing do is think.
If they truly thought long term the damn thing would have been built years ago when everyone else was thinking about it.
Instant gratification? Are you serious? We’ve been *****ing for this as long as I can remember.
F’ them. They’ve been poor stewards of OUR money. Give us what we and everybody else knows has been needed and do it NOW! Tired of their BS.

Yep. Could have been started ten years ago. Then nine. Wait for it....then eight.
Quit with the bs & get this done!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think we should have moved the baseball stadium 50 years ago. You look into the sun at our current baseball stadium. They used a hill as the left field fence. UF did not have a lot of money then.

I have said it is cheaper to build in a recession before. Labor less tight and less demand for materials lowers their cost. That is true.

The point isn't that they should have moved it 50 years ago. They should have moved it 5 years ago. And now they should move it tomorrow.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
The point isn't that they should have moved it 50 years ago. They should have moved it 5 years ago. And now they should move it tomorrow.
We should have moved the baseball stadium before the last baseball renovation in 2006 or even better before the renovation in 1996. We did the Swamp Front door project in 1998. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

Mac was probably pissed when the UAA replaced his Football Center with a larger one that would take longer to build. If we really wanted Mac we would have probably stuck with his Football center which is smaller and less efficient.We didn't.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
We should have moved the baseball stadium before the last baseball renovation in 2006 or even better before the renovation in 1996. We did the Swamp Front door project in 1998. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

Mac was probably pissed when the UAA replaced his Football Center with a larger one that would take longer to build. If we really wanted Mac we would have probably stuck with his Football center which is smaller and less efficient.We didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator