FSU announces $65 million stand-alone football facility

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorJ

Sir, please lock this thread. I don't like a thread I started turning into a clown show by an unwelcome clown. If he wants to start a pissing contest he can start his own thread....he's pretty good at that.

Thank you.

Hmmm...

I’m watching it.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Theres will be done three years before ours and probably paid by tax dollars. They will put some athletic training classes in the basement and call it an academic building.

BMF
I'm all for shutting down your thread. It is good to know what our opponents are attempting. I countered the untrue FSU parts on this Gator site like the quote above. Plus I pointed out that their location makes their building more expensive to build.

FSU's building will not be done three years before ours. They simply do not have the donations yet and FSU's President is rightfully worried about their debt levels entering a recession as they are more leveraged than UF. FSU's debt picture is relevant to this project.

UF has time involved with removing our baseball field to make the UF football complex more efficient. FSU's football center site is thinner than UF's and more expensive to build on.

UF will wait for the new baseball stadium to be completed which frees up the best land to begin construction on our football center. FSU construction will be delayed as they try to get more donations from their fans who they have already been hitting up for donations.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
BMF
I'm all for shutting down your thread. It is good to know what our opponents are attempting. I countered the untrue FSU parts on this Gator site like the quote above. Plus I pointed out that their location makes their building more expensive to build.

FSU's building will not be done three years before ours. They simply do not have the donations yet and FSU's President is rightfully worried about their debt levels entering a recession as they are more leveraged than UF. FSU's debt picture is relevant to this project.

UF has time involved with removing our baseball field to make the UF football complex more efficient. FSU's football center site is thinner than UF's and more expensive to build on.

UF will wait for the new baseball stadium to be completed which frees up the best land to begin construction on our football center. FSU construction will be delayed as they try to get more donations from their fans who they have already been hitting up for donations.
:zzzzz:
Bulldoze the baseball stadium today yesterday and build the f'ng all-in-one now. And make it the biggest in the country.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
:zzzzz:
Bulldoze the baseball stadium today yesterday and build the f'ng all-in-one now. And make it the biggest in the country.
Fair treatment for the coach who just brought UF its first baseball national championship in UF history who is giving up his prime campus real estate to help out another sport.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Fair treatment for the coach who just brought UF its first baseball national championship in UF history who is giving up his prime campus real estate to help out another sport.
Football is paying for that stadium. He should be thankful.
Why does baseball need prime real estate anyway? For the dozens and dozens of fans that go to games?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread stays open, because when byrd gets locked in, he stays in one thread like this one. This thread is keeping him out of the others.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Please keep arguing with him, keep him stimulated.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
This thread stays open, because when byrd gets locked in, he stays in one thread like this one. This thread is keeping him out of the others.
Excellent strategy. Does that strategy work on Donkey? The Nole lovers can take it from here as I made my points.

Last edited:

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Ok, my turn.

Byrd, you’re argument could be continued, and seemingly is, indefinitely. Your rational is that it’s better to delay football-only facilities to even better our position financially. With that logic, What’s your next strategy...wait longer?
With you there is no right time.

Oh, and you lost me on the but, but, but it’s not fair to our baseball coach to give up his prime real estate.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Why is the new Baseball stadium location less desirable? It might be just the opposite.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Your rational is that it’s better to delay football-only facilities to even better our position financially. With that logic, What’s your next strategy...wait longer?
With you there is no right time.
Wrong take. I want it built asap. Long ago UF shoe horned baseball next to football. Bad decision. No room to grow. Under the new plan they bothave have enough land to grow.

Although I want the new football center built asap I respect the UAA not throwing baseball under the bus. Under the new plan, baseball is sent to a less desirable location. In the end football gets the best of this deal and room to grow. Best long term decision for both programs expansion wise.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Horesh!t.
Baseball facility could’ve been relocated long, long ago
They did not think long growth term originally. People normally think short term and just fix up the current location chosen over 5 decades ago. This time they are thinking long term growth.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
:crazy::crazy:
Wrong take. I want it built asap. Long ago UF shoe horned baseball next to football. Bad decision. No room to grow. Under the new plan they bothave have enough land to grow.

Although I want the new football center built asap I respect the UAA not throwing baseball under the bus. Under the new plan, baseball is sent to a less desirable location. In the end football gets the best of this deal and room to grow. Best long term decision for both programs expansion wise.

Again, this is horsesh!t.
A decision couldn’t have been made LONG AGO to relocate b-ball??

So happy we have new admin with these bold new ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.