FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I said about 30 pages back in this thread that fsu firing wiLLLLLLLLLLLLie only 1.5 years into a 6 year deal, coupled with the programs financial crisis and an entitled yet fair-weathered fan base ready to can a guy 6 games in and an athletic dept willing to do so less than 2 seasons in would likely lead to them turning into tennessee.

No good coach is going to want that job with the heavy rebuild required and the pressure from the immediate results demanded by the entitled rednecks without extreme financial compensation. It's a potential career killer, even for a good coach and likely the highest risk job available at the moment. High risk requires high reward but halfassu doesnt have any money. They just fcked themselves and its glorious! :lol:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Norvell is better off at Ole Miss or Arky. FSU doesn't want to admit they are a complete rebuild and expect championships right away. Only other options they can hold onto are Fickell, Butters or a coordinator because no other head coach is leaving for them out of the group playing this week and Fickell strikes me as a guy waiting on a good Big 10 job like Campbell. Odell may truly be their best option this year or do the ultimate panic and promote Briles. Once again Willie Fritz is available.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This schit is fckin comical.

It’s somewhat reminiscent of what happened here two years ago. It’s a risk to not have your ducks in place when “free-agent season” opens on Dec. 1 . You run the risk of having to scramble around like you’re in a high-stakes game of musical chairs.

We burned three precious weeks dicking around with Kelly and Frost. That’s when Stricklin said enough is enough and turned to Mullen.

Ironically, Norvell was in the background, a relative unknown plum just waiting to be picked. We could have had him, but we went for the safe pick.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Norvell is better off at Ole Miss or Arky. FSU doesn't want to admit they are a complete rebuild and expect championships right away. Only other options they can hold onto are Fickell, Butters or a coordinator because no other head coach is leaving for them out of the group playing this week and Fickell strikes me as a guy waiting on a good Big 10 job like Campbell. Odell may truly be their best option this year or do the ultimate panic and promote Briles. Once again WiLLLLLLLie Fritz is available.

If we learned anything from Brady and Lsu this year it's that a high-flying passing attack will have success in the SEC, even in the West. The league spent so much time trying to stop and/or emulate Alabama, they weren't ready for that at all. Similar to Spurrier in 1990. His timing at a place like Arkansas or OM would be really interesting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love to see Ole Miss swoop in and land Norvell now
Norvell is the worst case scenario for us out of the realistic options.. He isnt a proven winner and program builder and still has very significant risk (poor defenses so far) but he is the only one on their list who has a chance at being a very good one.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell is the worst case scenario for us out of the realistic options.. He isnt a proven winner and program builder and still has very significant risk (poor defenses so far) but he is the only one on their list who has a chance at being a very good one.

If it weren’t for poor defense, the AAC would have zero defense. Does anyone in that conference defend the goal line?

Still, I’d rather hire a playcaller and hope he has a few decent DC names on speed dial than the other way around.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I literally can't stop smiling. This is hilarious!! :lol:
My boss broke this on us this morning (he's a big F$U guy). Of course he was down in the dumps and embarrassed. To make matters worse, he was still hoping Campbell was in play. When we saw him at lunch, his only comment was that he hoped Odell could put a good staff together.

They might yet find a diamond in the rough or pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, and I feel a little guilty saying this, but it's about time somebody else has to wander in the wilderness instead of us. A decade...that's how long we suffered. If they have the same type situation, eight miserable years (+/-) lie ahead. Here's about all the feelings I can muster toward them...

7gSs.gif

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just read about 30 pages to catch up. I laughed, I cried, would read again.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
My boss broke this on us this morning (he's a big F$U guy). Of course he was down in the dumps and embarrassed. To make matters worse, he was still hoping Campbell was in play. When we saw him at lunch, his only comment was that he hoped Odell could put a good staff together.

They might yet find a diamond in the rough or pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, and I feel a little guilty saying this, but it's about time somebody else has to wander in the wilderness instead of us. A decade...that's how long we suffered. If they have the same type situation, eight miserable years (+/-) lie ahead. Here's about all the feelings I can muster toward them...

7gSs.gif

I can't agree with you more, Cover! I have an old friend who is an FSUx alum and he gave me pure hell in the years we were hitting rock bottom with chump and butters. You damn well better believe I am returning it to him in kind these days! :lol:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I hope Norvell tells FSU to fuk off and some schitty team hires Odell as their HC, leaving the Nulls dead in the water. If I were Odell, I’d do everything in my power to get away from this dumpster fire. FSU has treated him like schit and I’d roll out of Crappy lickity-split to make them suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.