FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's the one. And he parlayed that into an assistant job at ole Miss. Greg Hardy played on that team as well and they won a state title.

As for your other question, I doubt Leigh Ann Tuohy would stoop that low. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if ol Hugh tried.)

EDIT: I just realized you meant Oher. And I doubt that one too.
no, i meant freeze... he trying to bang all them hoes :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
images

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
no, i meant freeze... he trying to bang all them hoes :lol:
They downplayed it a little in the movie but the Tuohy's are crazy wealthy. (In the movie they came across as just "rich.") They own something like 75-80 fast food franchises and Sean Tuohy is a longtime broadcaster for the Grizzlies. He was a helluva a B-ball player at Ole Miss and his son played D-1 ball (can't remember where).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They downplayed it a little in the movie but the Tuohy's are crazy wealthy. (In the movie they came across as just "rich.") They own something like 75-80 fast food franchises and Sean Tuohy is a longtime broadcaster for the Grizzlies. He was a helluva a B-ball player at Ole Miss and his son played D-1 ball (can't remember where).
the kid from the movie? thought i saw a pic of the real kid back in the day. looked really scrawny.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
the kid from the movie? thought i saw a pic of the real kid back in the day. looked really scrawny.
I looked it up. Sean Jr. played 4 years at Loyola of Baltimore and was a grad transfer to SMU where he played a year of football serving mostly as the holder. He was most recently working in the front office for the football program at Arky. He doesn't look scrawny any more. Not big, but not scrawny either.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm disappointed :sadnanner:. They may actually get a competent coach. I don't even like them having any hope.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’ll be interested to know what Norvell’s demons are. They’re real - whatever they are. He’s been too successful without getting a P5 shot for there not to be a skeleton holding him back. And we know ESPN likes to dig in on FSU, especially post Winston. If there’s something there, it’ll be found.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I’ll be interested to know what Norvell’s demons are. They’re real - whatever they are. He’s been too successful without getting a P5 shot for there not to be a skeleton holding him back. And we know ESPN likes to dig in on FSU, especially post Winston. If there’s something there, it’ll be found.

FSU isn't worried, they know they can count on the Tally PD to look out for the team.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
If Norvell is the hire, let's hope so. We could have another George O'Leary type exit after a few days if it's really bad.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If Norvell is the hire, let's hope so. We could have another George O'Leary type exit after a few days if it's really bad.
Could you imagine? An ESPN expose comes out on Norvell mid-spring practice. FSU can’t ignore it. Nole fans start pining to be more like Tennessee. Let’s all hope this happens.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If that happened they would leap past Tinerc in recent memory for most dysfunctional hiring process.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I am still AWOL sadly and lots of good topics I wish I could add to, but I happen to be in a very related area right now and feel confident in what and from whom I heard this. Norvell is going to be the coach of the :nole::nole::nole::nole: and that Memphis would like to take a stab at Huge Freeze.

Sorry to hear about Norvell if it turns out to be true. He’s definitely an upgrade from Willie. Not saying he’s going to win titles but my guess is he’s going to field a more respectable team than they have the past few seasons and score some points.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sorry to hear about Norvell if it turns out to be true. He’s definitely an upgrade from WiLLLLLLLie. Not saying he’s going to win titles but my guess is he’s going to field a more respectable team than they have the past few seasons and score some points.

That was going to be true with anyone they brought in. The shame was Willie not getting more time. Once he was out, Richard Simmons was going to be an upgrade.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That was going to be true with anyone they brought in. The shame was WiLLLLLLLie not getting more time. Once he was out, Richard Simmons was going to be an upgrade.

You’re probably correct. I should have said Norvell will most likely field a much better team than Willie. I was hoping they’d find some career 22-27 HC at a low tier program who would keep them around the 5-7/6-6 mark. I think Norvell will do much better than that, assuming the pictures of him with the goat don’t come out before the season opener next year.

You’re definitely correct on Taggart. We would have benefitted tremendously were he retained a few more years. Alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If everybody they've mentioned Norvell is the only one who it makes sense from his perspective. It's a step up and with the right contract he and his kids will be set for life.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Sorry to hear about Norvell if it turns out to be true. He’s definitely an upgrade from WiLLLLLLLie. Not saying he’s going to win titles but my guess is he’s going to field a more respectable team than they have the past few seasons and score some points.

Anyone would've been an upgrade. But, he has serious red flags. I have my doubts he will bring the clowns back to being contenders again. I could see him getting them to a consistent 9-3 to 8-4 records every year. Will that be enough to keep him around a while? Let's hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator