FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It’s also possible that Norvell’s offense isn’t as revolutionary as people make it out to be and schools with previous job openings weren’t desperate enough to take the risk. For fvvcks sake, Ole Miss’ top two candidates were Norvell and Kiffin! Scraping the bottom of the barrel
Good point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It always comes down to three factors. Fit, availability and timing. This is a seller’s market. If not Norvell then who? You can undoubtedly offer alternates but you can’t be sure they make more sense.

Joe Brady was a no name a year ago. That’s not to suggest Norvell will come in and change the landscape. It’s simply to point out that college football is loaded with uncertainties and unpredictabilities.

Frankly, I think it’s an excellent hire. I said as much two weeks ago when his name was first floated, and I predicted he’d get the nod. He’ll be fine offensively. He needs a solid staff and to hit the recruiting trail immediately. He needs to be immensely organized, energized and thick skinned.

Can he do it? We’re about to find out.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78 channeling his FSU love. Sickening.

You know the really cool thing about it? Norvell doesn’t have to ditch his old garnet and gold ASU gear. Simply replace “Arizona” with “Florida.” Bada bing bada boom.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
The real question is can the guy recruit. If he can’t we will be top dog in the state for years to come. If he can, it’ll be back to being Competitive games again

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is can the guy recruit. If he can’t we will be top dog in the state for years to come. If he can, it’ll be back to being Competitive games again

Middle of the road recruiter in the AAC. His teams don’t even play defense. The Nulls have been a disaster at OL and QB recruiting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor is that the players thought it was going to be Odell

They did. There is a tweet above that there were racial undertones behind it which is why there were a ton of decommitments over the last few days. In addition it looks like a few of their top players are transferring out.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Brady was a no name a year ago. That’s not to suggest Norvell will come in and change the landscape.
Comparing a passing game coordinator/WR coach to a head coach coming out of the AAC to a power five conference makes absolutely no sense. Joe Brady is solely responsible for a dozen players, while Cornvell controls the reins of recruiting, game plan, assistant coaching decisions and player personnel, media, blowing boosters, etc. Cornvell is in for a very rude awakening and installing his offense at FSU will be the least of his worries.

If you want an apples to apples comparison, take a look at Frost/Nebraska and let us know how that worked out for the last AAC coach to jump to a power 5.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m just saying…

I like it when guys bring good information to the board.
It was obvious information. Again, there weren't any coaches left and they had no intention of hiring that homeless man.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is comical, FSU trying to say he was the only coach they offered:

1. This is pure bullshyt. They went to the table with Franklin. They did the same thing with Mark Stoops. They were in contractual discussions. Both coaches walked away because of piss poor offers. Who knows how many more they did this with.

2. On the other hand, they gauged the interest of a number of coaches like Kelly and Campbell but were told no. No contractual discussions was had because the coach wasn't even willing to get that far.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
FSU is easy to recruit. You or I could pull in top 10 classes. And you or I could win 8-9 games in the ACC.
What remains to be seen is if Norvell can balance the class over time and get them to top 5 classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.