Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
From Bob Stoops to Deion

I am not sure I can believe these rumors, no one is this dumb... Right?

My only guess is that they might be trying to set up some kind of Herm Edwards like situation. Deion is a figurehead/recruiter, Leavitt is the shadow HC.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
From Bob Stoops to Deion

I am not sure I can believe these rumors, no one is this dumb... Right?

My only guess is that they might be trying to set up some kind of Herm Edwards like situation. Deion is a figurehead/recruiter, Leavitt is the shadow HC.

Are you comparing Herm Edwards to the Doo Rag? Whether you thought Herm was a good or bad coach in the NFL or whether you think he will or won;t be good at ASU, I have a hard time thinking of Herm as a figurehead. Herm is well spoken, has his beliefs and always seemed to believe in a process. Doo Rag is the queen of show, bubonics and ass clownery. I don;t equate Herm Edwards to any form of ass clownery regardless of his coaching acumen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you comparing Herm Edwards to the Doo Rag? Whether you thought Herm was a good or bad coach in the NFL or whether you think he will or won;t be good at ASU, I have a hard time thinking of Herm as a figurehead. Herm is well spoken, has his beliefs and always seemed to believe in a process. Doo Rag is the queen of show, bubonics and ass clownery. I don;t equate Herm Edwards to any form of ass clownery regardless of his coaching acumen.
Herm also did his time as an assistant for years.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
With his list of accomplishments, It would be horrifying if DS got hired as f$u's HC. He could guide his players on how to continue playing without going to classes and not have to hold anyone or the university accountable. When he didn't attend any classes during his senior season and flunked out, he didn't risk injury in the bowl game. How important was that!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I see the race issue is in full bloom thanks to The Athletic’s Tashan Reed. wiLLLLLLLLLLLLie fired cause of systemic racism.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Depending on the assistants this might work out, after all he probably would be a decent recruiter, has contacts in the NFL and in the media. With the right crew to do the actual work and someone to make sure he does not cheat it might work.

Good point, I’m sure Bobby can help show Deion how to hold the head coach job at FSU without going any meaningful work, other than schmoozing with boosters and recruits, and spinning everything positive to the media.

success would require hiring competent coordinators and staff who want autonomy in their coordinator roles, and to have a full-time compliance officer assigned to be with Deion at all times.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Pretty sure the backpack was a one and done thing. Don't think they are doing it this year.

Yeah but that's because you need a defense that can create turnovers for the backpack thing to work...and they don't have that.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
And please have Deion accept.
Now would be a good time for Deion to say, “I haven’t been contacted by the university, but I would entertain the position if offered”

that would rile up the crazies that think this is a good idea, flooding the AD with calls for contacting DS and putting the fan base against the AD, it would force the AD to either publicly ridicule the idea of DS as head coach, or to waste time going through the motions with Deion to satisfy the base, but generate more ridicule Towards FSU from the media

win-win in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator