FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Am I the only one not terrified of bob stoops? I maybe would have been 15 years ago

Look, the guy is still a good coach. The bigger concern, though, isn’t whether he would bring them nattys by the boatload, it was more that Bob would stabilize their program and make them respectable very quickly. He would do both without a doubt and that would mean instead of a lost decade, they’d have only lost 3 seasons. That was the real cause for worry.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need to have a moment of honesty here. Bob turned them down....on behalf of Mark. His brother has got a pretty decent deal at UK, but flirtation with FSU could cause a rift with the fans. Bob ran interference and they couldn’t do enough to sway him to FSU.

there is a reason Odell is being mentioned so much, no one is biting. Honestly, he may not be as bad as people think if he takes the Ogre approach. They need a safe stabilizing hire more than anything. Last thing they need is McElwain walking thru the door.

here’s the issue with Odell. He’s black and FSU has proven to be a bunch of racist MF’ers #free willie

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They even offered him the ring master job.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Look, the guy is still a good coach. The bigger concern, though, isn’t whether he would bring them nattys by the boatload, it was more that Bob would stabilize their program and make them respectable very quickly. He would do both without a doubt and that would mean instead of a lost decade, they’d have only lost 3 seasons. That was the real cause for worry.

Yeah that's it. I wasn't concerned about Bob except he's about the only choice that could resurrect the recruiting class. Now they will likely take a hit and then next year's class will be more likely to be hesitant.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If they promote that water boy to coach they are going to be burning couches in Tallahassee.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
It's unfortunate that Big Game Bob cannot afford a house on the beach. The tens of millions he made in his career just weren't enough.

The poor bastard is stuck in Oklahoma for life.

He’s got a multimillion dollar home in Chicago.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Every school wants a homerun hire. Most of the time, it simply isn't possible. Still, Haggins instead of the other decent candidates out there? That'd be plain clownish.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slowdell is a better hire than Willie. Id guess they leave him as interim though.

He is pretty well-liked up there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He’s got a multimillion dollar home in Chicago.

I don't think so. He's in bad shape. All his other properties were mortgaged to the hilt and his wife actually walked out on the check at that Rosemary Beach lunch. Apparently, she was a big Fingerhut junkie and he blew a ton of money on Invictas.

I wouldn't call it destitute, but it's definitely a sad situation.

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
why would he turn them down?

if he stays at Kentucky he'll spend the rest of his life fighting Mullen for 6th in the SEC

As opposed to winning the ACC and losing to Mullen?

FSU is a nice gig, with the recent changes to their finances and administration, it’s a shambles. AD is leaving so why leave UK?

I’d stay loved at uk making bank over going to a job that they fired their coach before he had two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.