FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
History is full of mediocre coaches who were great recruiters and won it all.

Like this guy,

FaroffNeedyFerret-max-1mb.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean like WiLLLLLLLie Taggart? C’mon, man. You’re just playing the other side of the argument. You seriously don’t believe that. :lol:
No, I'm talking about Jimbob Fishers and Fat Fulmers.

I personally would rather have a good offensive coordinator, but there aren't many good ones out there.

As for Brady, I'd never consider a guy who was a GA two years ago.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I'm talking about Jimbob Fishers and Fat Fulmers.

I personally would rather have a good offensive coordinator, but there aren't many good ones out there.

As for Brady, I'd never consider a guy who was a GA two years ago.

Are you actually endorsing Jimbo Fisher and Phil Fulmer?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you actually endorsing Jimbo Fisher and Phil Fulmer?
jfc, no, I said sometimes they luck into a winning a crown. Dabo is another great example. He was pulling 5 stars out of Florida when he was a barely bowl eligible mid pack ACC guy.

A turd who can't recruit never does.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
jfc, no, I said sometimes they luck into a winning a crown. Dabo is another great example. He was pulling 5 stars out of Florida when he was a barely bowl eligible mid pack ACC guy.

A turd who can't recruit never does.

That’s obviously the case, as is a guy who can recruit (e.g. Orgeron) and who can’t coach worth a lick.

Can we agree you want certain equal ingredients of both?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s obviously the case, as is a guy who can recruit (e.g. Orgeron) who can’t coach worth a lick.

Can we agree you want certain equal ingredients of both?
Of course, but Clowntown is shopping in the Butters and Rejects row.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, but Clowntown is shopping in the Butters and Rejects row.

Yes, it becomes a matter of which option gives them the spark soonest. Is it recruiting or is it coaching? I think Norvell because he’s both.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A good, even great coach is going to have a helluva a time winning with out great recruiting but even a mediocre coach can win with superior talent. Saban admits that he's not the best coach but he damn sure is going to out recruit you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to pull this into perspective. How good of a recruiter IS Haggins?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well....this has me crapping my pants

Vetting the coach of the fourth best team in the Big Ten is like going out to get a third bid on a landscaping job when bid #3 is your neighbor’s son.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
On the third day of 2007, on a flight from South Florida to Tuscaloosa, Alabama’s brand new football coach, Nick Saban, dropped a surprising question on his seatmate, then-Crimson Tide athletic director Mal Moore.

“Do you think you’ve hired the best coach in the country?” the 55-year-old Saban asked Moore.

“Why, Nick, of course I do,” Moore said, while thinking to himself: For $4 million a year, I sure as hell hope so.

“Well, you didn’t—I’m nothing without my players,” Saban said, locking eyes with Moore. “But you did just hire a helluva recruiter.”

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
On the third day of 2007, on a flight from South Florida to Tuscaloosa, Alabama’s brand new football coach, Nick Saban, dropped a surprising question on his seatmate, then-Crimson Tide athletic director Mal Moore.

“Do you think you’ve hired the best coach in the country?” the 55-year-old Saban asked Moore.

“Why, Nick, of course I do,” Moore said, while thinking to himself: For $4 million a year, I sure as hell hope so.

“Well, you didn’t—I’m nothing without my players,” Saban said, locking eyes with Moore. “But you did just hire a helluva recruiter.”
Interesting, but I believe Saban won the NC the second year he was at Bama when he didn't have his players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator