FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the biggest reason why teams are afraid of Norvell is that he has never had to rebuild a program. He took over an already successful program and made it better. Therefore, he's considered as a risky hire by dumpster fire teams like fsu and arky. He very well may have some baggage, but there are plenty of coaches with baggage who get hired. The city of Memphis doesn't care about whatever is in his past. No one does when you're winning..

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
:trux:

A guy can't even get banned around here anymore?

it’s pretty difficult to do during the #MarchToAMillionPosts , but I bet if you started being an ardent pumper, you could get banned faster. Ox seems to have a lot less patience with even slight pumpers than with extreme dumpers.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it’s pretty difficult to do during the #MarchToAMillionPosts , but I bet if you started being an ardent pumper, you could get banned faster. Ox seems to have a lot less patience with even slight pumpers than with extreme dumpers.
and liberals :heehee:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hypocrisy? This is a dictatorship, no rules have ever applied to me.
cartoon-hitler.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to reports, Norvell isn't really a consideration. Haggins would get the job before Norvell. Whatever this dude did in the past has turned him into a pariah.

I hope that’s accurate. I want them to hire a stop-gap 52-year-old career DL coach. They’ll be in the dregs for another decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope that’s accurate. I want them to hire a stop-gap 52-year-old career DL coach. They’ll be in the dregs for another decade.
Hiring another garbage coach and being stuck with him for another 4 years is the program killer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hiring another garbage coach and being stuck with him for another 4 years is the program killer.

They’re winning against inferior opponents and because the players feel as though they’re out on furlough after the Taggart debacle.

Haggins hasn’t a clue how to organize an offense. They couldn’t devise a more disastrous plan than to get all sentimental over a former player from the glory days.

I have a hard time believing the wealthy boosters funding this mess are ready to pony up to this thinking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Haggins hasn’t a clue how to organize an offense. They couldn’t devise a more disastrous plan than to get all sentimental over a former player from the glory days.
Dude, PLENTY of teams have hired recruiters and then given him a decent set of coordinators.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If I’m starting from scratch, the last guy I want is Haggins. I want a younger guy and a guy who understands offense. Norvell. Joe Brady. Anyone but a career DL coach who then has to go find an OC with zero experience.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
History is full of mediocre coaches who were great recruiters and won it all.

You mean like Willie Taggart? C’mon, man. You’re just playing the other side of the argument. You seriously don’t believe that. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.