• No, I prefer to maximize night drinking, the sooner it gets dark the better

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I don't care when I drink

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I would prefer a switch to year around Standard time.

What say y'all?

Dark mornings ahead: Permanent daylight saving time would push winter sunrises to nearly 9 AM in some cities (foxweather.com)

The Senate on Tuesday unanimously passed a bill that would make daylight saving time permanent, meaning no more changing the clocks every March and November.

Called the Sunshine Protection Act, the idea is to make winter evenings brighter by advancing time by one hour – as we did on Sunday – and leaving it there year round instead of falling back one hour on the first Sunday in November.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fine with making it permanent and not falling back in the fall. I also don't want a 4am sunrise in the summer.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I'm fine with making it permanent and not falling back in the fall. I also don't want a 4am sunrise in the summer.

Florida does not have the wide swings in daylight vs darkness that the northern states experience, I don't believe we would have 4 am sunrises this far south.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm all for it. However, I think kids should go to school later. I had kids that had to walk to school or wait by busy highways for a bus in the dark. (as a parent it's a worry).
Plus study after study has shown that teenagers in particular do not learn well in the AM.
God knows I hated it.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Permanent DST will be good once most of us are forced to become farmers, growing our own food. After all, DST does have agrarian roots. Thanks Uncle Joe!

upload_2022-3-17_18-33-37.jpeg

upload_2022-3-17_18-35-10.jpeg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida does not have the wide swings in daylight vs darkness that the northern states experience, I don't believe we would have 4 am sunrises this far south.

I don't live in Florida. Likely the earliest sunrise for me will be about 4:15

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I actually prefer when it gets darker earlier. Hate putting kids to bed with light still out.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Daylight Savings Time rules. Work to do in the yard and on house at end of day.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sleep experts say don't make Daylight Saving Time permanent

"Making daylight saving time permanent overlooks potential health risks that can be avoided by establishing permanent standard time instead," wrote the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.

The Academy goes on to say that "current evidence best supports the adoption of year-round standard time, which aligns best with human circadian biology and provides distinct benefits for public health and safety."
All of the examples of negative health consequences in the article are in reference to changing the clocks. There is no evidence in it as to why permanent DST would be bad.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
DST is great and everyone will love it until the sun doesn't rise in January until around 8:30 a.m.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The only think I hate about DST is happy hour. It's odd to go out, drink for 2-3 hours, only for the sun to still be out when you leave. Always kinda ruined the buzz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.