• No, I prefer to maximize night drinking, the sooner it gets dark the better

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I don't care when I drink

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
The only think I hate about DST is happy hour. It's odd to go out, drink for 2-3 hours, only for the sun to still be out when you leave. Always kinda ruined the buzz.
Pro Tip #6021: Start at noon, stretch it out for 7-8+ hours, you won't care about light conditions when you leave.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Instead of changing the time every spring and fall we should just change school and business hours instead. Problem solved.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Many in the Senate did not even what they were voting on.

The Senate's Daylight Saving Time Move Shocked Senators (buzzfeednews.com)

The Senate’s unanimous passage of a bill to make daylight saving time permanent stunned many Americans, not least of which the senators themselves.

Other senators, it seems, were not told by their staff that the request was happening.

Coons is one of them. He said that he and some other senators reacted to the news by asking Rubio if they’d given everyone a heads up, and were told yes.

“It’s literally an issue my staff and I had never discussed, and they made an assumption that I don’t really care about daylight saving time,” Coons said. “And I don’t know if I do! I’ve never taken five minutes to stop and think about it.”

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Many in the Senate did not even what they were voting on.

The Senate's Daylight Saving Time Move Shocked Senators (buzzfeednews.com)

The Senate’s unanimous passage of a bill to make daylight saving time permanent stunned many Americans, not least of which the senators themselves.

Other senators, it seems, were not told by their staff that the request was happening.

Coons is one of them. He said that he and some other senators reacted to the news by asking Rubio if they’d given everyone a heads up, and were told yes.

“It’s literally an issue my staff and I had never discussed, and they made an assumption that I don’t really care about daylight saving time,” Coons said. “And I don’t know if I do! I’ve never taken five minutes to stop and think about it.”

This explains a lot about DC.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I vote for year-round DST. All I really care about is the sun setting after 8:30 p.m. when I'm at the beach during the Summer, and I'm sick of changing the clocks. I feel like it's getting harder to adjust to the time change the older I get. This last change took me about a week to totally adjust.

And as for it being dark in the morning, who cares? You're either going to school or work anyway. Turn the lights on.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I vote for year-round DST. All I really care about is the sun setting after 8:30 p.m. when I'm at the beach during the Summer, and I'm sick of changing the clocks. I feel like it's getting harder to adjust to the time change the older I get. This last change took me about a week to totally adjust.

And as for it being dark in the morning, who cares? You're either going to school or work anyway. Turn the lights on.

I prefer hunting during standard time, dark around six, back to camp, cook eat & clean up, hit the rack by 9 or maybe 10. During the early season in GA, near the AL line, dark is close to 730, and makes for a late night cooking, eating and cleaning up.

On the summer solstice in 2023, set the clock to noon when the sun is at its apex at the midpoint of each time zone, and roll with it year around.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I prefer hunting during standard time, dark around six, back to camp, cook eat & clean up, hit the rack by 9 or maybe 10. During the early season in GA, near the AL line, dark is close to 730, and makes for a late night cooking, eating and cleaning up.

On the summer solstice in 2023, set the clock to noon when the sun is at its apex at the midpoint of each time zone, and roll with it year around.

I prefer DST for hunting. Late sunset gives me a chance for evening sits after work.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The only think I hate about DST is happy hour. It's odd to go out, drink for 2-3 hours, only for the sun to still be out when you leave. Always kinda ruined the buzz.

I think you're doing it wrong. It's called happy HOUR.
:drunk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator